Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeder filtering most data from upload

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeter View Post
    I do not have free machines for Raspbian, so Linux binary is the only option for me for now. I will raise the ticket to FR24 dev team.
    Good luck!

Passenger
    This is the reply I've got:
    Filtering is always going to happen because the software removes the AC that have already been sent. And it doesn't affect online availability. It's also not affected by if any data is sent or not. The breaks that you see are most probably from the software not being able to upload stats info to our servers.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeter View Post
    This is the reply I've got:
    Filtering is always going to happen because the software removes the AC that have already been sent. And it doesn't affect online availability. It's also not affected by if any data is sent or not. The breaks that you see are most probably from the software not being able to upload stats info to our servers.
    If you are experiencing the same as I did, the filtering basically increased until I was uploading practically nothing. A restart restored the feed, but then the same thing would happen some time later. I also found that the reported hits sometimes increased to double the normal rate. Drop outs did not happen very often, but weach time a restart brought things back online.

There is no doubt that the software is broken, at least on the two versions of Linux I tried with it. Once I installed Raspbian (on a VM) and the Raspbian feeder all was good. Filtering was occurring, but it appeared to be reasonable.feed.PNG
    Last edited by Stealth; 2019-06-25 at 08:34.

There are 3 packages available

(1) fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb

(2) fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz

(3) fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

The first two are for linux on x64 and x86 Computer. Both are outdated (ver 1.0.18-5) and give problem.

The last one is the latest (ver 1.0.23-8) and gives trouble free service. It is for RPi and other computer boards with armh cpu. It fail to install and/or run on main stream linux distros like ubuntu, debian etc. It works ONLY on Raspbian Desktop OS which emulates armhf while runing on x64 x86 machines. Even on Raspbian Desktop OS, it requires using command "sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf", and installation of armhf specific dependenies by adding ":armhf" at the end of package name.

To summerize, the only troble free option for x64 x86 machines is to install Raspbian Desktop OS, and use:

"OPTION-1: Installing fr24feed Using debian package for RPi:
    fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb"

of this post:

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post116967