Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie data contributor on Pi24, couple questions

Hello All -

I have a RaspberryPi 3b with the Pi24 image installed. I'm very new to doing this but very enthusiastic.

While my receiver is working and submitting data I've discovered that unfortunately, in my enthusiasm, I set up my Pi24 before locating the Quick Start Guide. Having read that now I realize I've answered a couple questions incorrectly such as the receiver type selection, if I'd like to enable RAW data feed, and if I'd like to enable Basestation data feed. Also, I also made the mistake of running the script that suggested after the activation page malfunctioned. The quick start guide says that I should not have done this.

So... to fix this, should I format the SD card and start fresh or can I fix this by rerunning the fr24feed --signup command?

Thank you!

Are you running wifi? If so, go in your browser and type 192.168.1.x:8754 x being the pi’s local ip.

Then you should get the status page. There select Settings.
    ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Comment

As your feed is running ok, no need to format microSD card and make fresh install.

There is no damage caused by running the bash script, except that it is an utterly useless step to reinstall something which is already there and functioning ok. The only thing neede was the signup part of the bash script.

As far as Raw and Basestation "no" is concerned, this is because you are not feeding anything other than fr24. However saying "yes" does not harm.

If you want to change Raw and Basestation to no, go to following page, change tese two settings, then click Save button, then click Restart button. Both these buttons are at botton right of settings page.

Open your browser and type this address:

IP-of-Pi:8754/settings.html

FR24-settings-Integral-dump1090.png

Comment

Originally posted by LN-MOW View Post
        Are you running wifi? If so, go in your browser and type 192.168.1.x:8754 x being the pi’s local ip.

Then you should get the status page. There select Settings.
        Not running Wi-Fi on my Pi. Does that really make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          As your feed is running ok, no need to format microSD card and make fresh install.

There is no damage caused by running the bash script, except that it is an utterly useless step to reinstall something which is already there and functioning ok. The only thing neede was the signup part of the bash script.

As far as Raw and Basestation "no" is concerned, this is because you are not feeding anything other than fr24. However saying "yes" does not harm.

If you want to change Raw and Basestation to no, go to following page, change tese two settings, then click Save button, then click Restart button. Both these buttons are at botton right of settings page.

Open your browser and type this address:

IP-of-Pi:8754/settings.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10726[/ATTACH]
          What about the receiver type, question #1 in the setup script? I don’t believe I selected option #1 to that.

My receiver is a NooElec NESDR Mini 2+, purchased on Amazon. If you try and look it up it’s blue. I can’t post links yet. :-(

Comment

If it’s working, there’s no need to change anything. It might just make it not work.
            ENFB.net
            Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Taking a look at my config page now. Thanks guys.

I don’t have anything in the process arguments. Should I enter those as shown in your screen shot, entering my own last and long obviously?

Comment

No need if it works.
                ENFB.net
                Radarstation KGVL

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

If your feed is working, sure in settings page (IP:8754/settings.html) you will see:
                  Receiver: DVB T stick

Adding latitude (--lat) and longitude (--lon) is optional.

If you add these, the map (IP/dump1090/gmap.html) will start displaying a marker of your site location, and 3 range circles 100, 150, and 200 nm radius.
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2019-06-08, 22:54.

Comment

Originally posted by adampk17 View Post
                    Not running Wi-Fi on my Pi. Does that really make a difference?
                    It is better to run only one thing at a time, either wired network or WiFi. Running both simultaneously is NOT recommended.

Comment

Thank you everyone. BTW, I purchased a new stick, a FlightAware Pro with filter. I've seen it recommended a couple times here.

Comment

Working...
                      X