This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pi3B+ seems to be working

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.

[ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-11-24 20:30:55.

[ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].

[ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-xxxx. I didn't know if this was something "secure" so I x'd out some of the info

[ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 7.

[ ok ] Receiver: connected (5661 MSGS/0 SYNC).

[ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].

[ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 7.

I've searched and I don't see anything about using a PI4. It has built in WiFi and it would be pretty convenient to use.
    When I log into my account on FR24 there's nothing under backslash data-sharing.
    I haven't lost my key but I was going to double check it and the link in this thread to do that is dead, kind of like this thread seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike6158 View Post
      The Pi3B+ seems to be working

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.

[ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-11-24 20:30:55.

[ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].

[ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-xxxx. I didn't know if this was something "secure" so I x'd out some of the info

[ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 7.

[ ok ] Receiver: connected (5661 MSGS/0 SYNC).

[ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].

[ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 7.

I've searched and I don't see anything about using a PI4. It has built in WiFi and it would be pretty convenient to use.
      When I log into my account on FR24 there's nothing under backslash data-sharing.
      I haven't lost my key but I was going to double check it and the link in this thread to do that is dead, kind of like this thread seems to be.
      4 May still not work with the pi24 image (not sure if been updated) and needs more manual work. Those stats are fine, it will take some time to update online once it has a dataset.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

4 May still not work with the pi24 image (not sure if been updated) and needs more manual work. Those stats are fine, it will take some time to update online once it has a dataset.
        The 3B seems to be working fine (as you noted). I'll stick with that. The Pi4 I have is powered by USB-C, has built in WiFi, has heat sinks and fan (thanks to the case I bought for it), and is probably overkill for what I want to do. Thanks for your help

Comment

Thankyou for this guide, works perfectly. I've reinstalled my card, to get a new clean install. But with this guide the dump1090 setup looks odd.
          Where is it I configure the center of the map, and the radius and zoom?

Comment

Originally posted by fribse View Post
            But with this guide the dump1090 setup looks odd.
            Where is it I configure the center of the map, and the radius and zoom?
            Why it looks odd?
            To display station marker and 3 range rings on the dump1090 map, you have to add latitude & longitude in the field "Process arguments" (--lat xx.xxxx --lon yy.yyyy).

This is shown in screeshot of settings page in following step:

STEP-8: SETTINGS & CONFIGURATION
            Last edited by abcd567; 2020-02-15, 11:49.

Comment

My system stopped working. Probably due to a power failure (a UPS is probably a good idea). I connected it to a monitor and it boots but... and of course when I rebooted just now to see what was on the screen everything loaded. It appears to be working. It hasn't picked up any aircraft but there aren't any in range yet.

Comment

Hi abcd567, thank you for this.

I wondering if exists a quality difference between using PI4 image or a complete setup (Raspian OS + Dump1090 + FR24 Data Feeder).

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by randys View Post
                  I wondering if exists a quality difference between using PI4 image or a complete setup (Raspian OS + Dump1090 + FR24 Data Feeder).

There is no quality difference, as the latest Pi24 image has same components (i.e. Raspbian Buster + FR24 feeder + dump1090-mutability 1.15 EB_VER).

The only difference is in configuration. In Pi24 image, the fr24feed uses setting "receiver=dvbt". This setting modifies dump1090-mitability configuration as follows:

(1) dump1090-mitability does not start at boot by itself. It is started by fr24feed.

(2) All output ports of dump1090-mutability are blocked. Other feedes dont get data unless in fr24feed settings field "Process arguments" an argument --net is added.

(3) The user cannot directly set gain, latitude, longitude in dump1090 configurayion. These are specified in fr24feed settings, and fr24feed passes these to dump1090-mutability when fr24feed issues start command to it.

(4) The systemctl command start stop restart are also blocked.

In nutshell, in Pi24 image, the dump1090-mutability is under control of fr24feed, but this does NOT affect performance in any way.

If you use Raspbian Buster image, and install dump1090-mutability by following command and use fr24feed setting
                  "receiver=beast-tcp"
                  "host=127.0.0.1:30005"
                  then dump1090-mutability functions as an independent software.

Raspbian Bister image from Raspberrypi.org - Install and configure dump1090-mutability
                  Code:
                  sudo apt update
                  sudo apt install dump1090-mutability

sudo usermod -a -G plugdev dump1090
                  sudo systemctl restart dump1090-mutability  

sudo dpkg-reconfigure dump1090-mutability

Raspbian Buster image from Raspberrypi.org - Install FR24 feeder

Note:With Raspbian image, Do NOT use setting "receiver=dvbt". Use setting "receiver=beast-tcp"

Code:
                  sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2020-04-21, 02:57.

Comment

Crystal clear, abcd567!

Many thanks!

Comment

Is this still the preferred method of a pi installation, and I cannot find my sharing key...I used to feed from Windows, but that ended when support was withdrawn... Maybe my key has gone ? So shall I go down the no key route ?

Comment

Easiest. Yes

And instead of using the activation method. Look online in the statistics page for your ID first.
                        https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...ide#post156012

Then try entering previous email etc or editing the config manually and putting it back in

But they have started deleting inactive. So it may not have one anymore. But statistics page will confirm
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

In lstest Pi24 image:
                          (1) A file named ssh is already existing in /boot. No need to create it again.

(2) File wpa_supplicant.conf already exists with necessary code in /boot. No need to create it again. Only replace in this file the ssid and password by your actual values. However you may need to add one line at top as follows (in some countries wifi fails to work without adding line for country)

Country=GB
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2020-08-21, 03:53.

Comment

Up and running... couldnt find the supplied antenna (I intended to chop it) so made up a six legged spider ... I know spiders have 8 legs, but I couldnt find any more wire !!!

Not seeing many aircraft... but it is sunday night, hopefully itll pick up tomorrow.

Thanks guys ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                              Up and running... couldnt find the supplied antenna (I intended to chop it)

Mag Mount Antenna’s Whip Replaced By V-Stub Wire Collinear

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                              so made up a six legged spider ...

QuickSpider Ver2, Part -1: Design

QuickSpider Ver2, Part -2: Building & Testing of Prototype

Last edited by abcd567; 2020-08-24, 06:49.

Comment

My SD card has become corrupted.... so full format, and software put back on.
                                The registration page on this site says its found the pi and that its registered... it gives me no options to configure, yet my data is still "Offline" :-(
                                Cannot access the software locally either.

Help please...

Never mind.... sussed it via SSH
                                Last edited by Rooster; 2020-10-17, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X