X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No lan on new pi feeder setup

Hello,

Looking for some advice on setting up a pi feeder with a pi3 b+

I've followed the instructions on the site for using Win32DiskImager to write the Pi24 image to the sd card. I have also done some searching on the forum and externally to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

The problem I have is I am not getting any lan lights on the pi. I have tried different ethernet cables and ports and the image seems to work fine as the red and green activity lights on the pi look promising.

Accessed the gui on my router and it cant see the pi: I have no ip or mac address so im assuming the router is the problem, not the pi or the image? Do I need to open or forward specific ports?

I am using a TalkTalk router, newest version FAST5364 3.00

Any help or links to support would be much appreciated!

Thanks

No lights, no connection

Faulty LAN port (or OS not loaded to initialise it). The only way to tell will be put a monitor on it - HDMI to tv for instance.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Im assuming it must be the os not loaded correctly as the lan port works with other devices just not the pi - also tried all the other available ports

Would i get a hdmi output with the pi24 image?

Thanks

Comment

It's like a mini computer.

You'll get some sort of boot process regardless as they are pre-set to self check before looking for OS.

If it's rainbow colours, the image isn't ready for 3B+ yet
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

EDIT:

plugged into hdmi and boots to flightradar24 screen and says:

Flightradar24 feeder hasn't started
          If you just installed and want to activate image go to....
          SSH is enabled by default. Your device IP address:

Im assuming no assigned ip address is router not assigning correctly?

Comment

Nevermind seems like it's booting.

Don't know then.

I like using Raspbian Stretch Lite images much better.

Could be that the Lan port is just defective.
            Trying with another image can't hurt though.

Comment

Thank you both, i'll give this a go now and report back

Comment

Success! used the stretch light image and i have lan lights, ip and mac address

is there a guide i can follow now for where to go from here?

Thanks again

Comment

The easy way, is the install line on the feed.flightradar24.com build your own page.

The better way (to give more enhancements off the bat) is follow this

. Last update: March 08, 2022 NOTE: (1) Do NOT install the dump1090-mutability on Pi24 img and Piaware img. Both these images already have their integral dump1090. (2) TO HAVE A TROUBLE FREE INSTALLATION, IT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE A FRESH INSTALL, AS SHOWN BELOW: (a) Format microSD Card (b) Write Raspbian Image. (c) Install

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help, everything is setup and working as it should and feeding in now

Comment

Working...
                    X