Irregular feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irregular feed

So I got my raspberry to work after my SBS feed was cancelled. However - my feed seems highly irregular.

But every time I look at my status, I'm showing online and there's a lot of traffic. right now I'm showing 38.1% uptime.

Linux/generic/static_armel/1.0.23-8
    Updated: 16:31:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    FR24 Link: Connected via UDP
    FR24 Radar Code: T-KGVL5
    Local IP(s): 192.168.1.25
    Aircraft Tracked:
    (ModeS & ADS-B) 35
    Aircraft Uploaded: 23
    Receiver: dvbt, Connected
    MLAT running: N/A

Any idea why this is?
    ENFB.net
    Radarstation KGVL

Code:
    sudo echo -n -e 'use-http=yes\r\nhttp-timeout=20\r\n' >> /etc/fr24feed.ini
    sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
    This adds
    Code:
    use-http=yes
    http-timeout=20
    to the options and restarts fr24feed.

The UDP feed can be irregular (probably due to FR24 server instability, not so much due to internet connection issues in my opinion)

Comment

So far so good, showing up uninterrupted for two hours. Hopefully it stays.

Thanks!
      ENFB.net
      Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Steady all night. (y)
        ENFB.net
        Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Started dropping out again at 1503 ......
          ENFB.net
          Radarstation KGVL

Comment

So it worked for around 15 hours. Now it's again like it was. Any other suggestions?
            ENFB.net
            Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Maybe the receiver is dropping out.

Can you try another power supply? What kind of power supply do you have?

Do you have a USB cable between the DVB-T stick and the RPi?

Comment

The stick is plugged directly into the rpi.

The strange thing is that the number of aircraft shown is stable, despite the interruptions. And the status shows connected every time I look (se above)
                ENFB.net
                Radarstation KGVL

Comment

It might just be FR24 servers acting up. But i suspect more would have complained by now. (not certain though)

Also had disconnects the last day or so and my feed is normally very stable.

You can activate the log via the config file by setting logmode to 1.
                  Then restart fr24feed and you can check if you see something that corresponds to the interruptions.
                  (It's a lot of text though)

I'd probably just wait a week and see if it clears up.
                  Doesn't look like it's the dongle.
                  And if it's the connection then that's hard to fix anyway.
                  (Only good solution is normally to add the connection via http)
                  Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-05-23, 19:42.

Comment

Well, this is still going on. I have two pi's and it's the same on both. I've tried changing power supplys and still no improvement. On the bright side, it looks like it picks up and transmits the signals as it's supposed to.

This is irritating my OCD-gene to no end .... Any good ideas ... ?

Attached Files
                    ENFB.net
                    Radarstation KGVL

Comment

What's the version displayed here:

fr24feed --version

Also just for kicks check the fr24feed.ini if the http stuff is still in there.

I'm quite sure you have different feed keys for both stations, but i'll ask anyway?

By the way, why do you have MLAT disabled, limited traffic on your internet connection?

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                        What's the version displayed here:

fr24feed --version
                        1.0.23-8

Also just for kicks check the fr24feed.ini if the http stuff is still in there.
                        Not in the FR24feed-one .. reentered. But it didn't help last time.

I'm quite sure you have different feed keys for both stations, but i'll ask anyway?
                        Yes, one is running PIAWARE, the other is running FR24FEED. Problem is the same with both.

By the way, why do you have MLAT disabled, limited traffic on your internet connection?
                        Has been running continously on both.
                        MLAT running: YES
                        ENFB.net
                        Radarstation KGVL

Comment

I don't quite get it, your stats on flightaware are intermittent as well?

To have the same problem twice, you'd have to have fr24feed running twice.
                          Or do you mean you changed over the sd-card?

Or why do you say the have the same problem?

If the flightaware stats are intermittent as well i'd say you connection is unstable.
                          Either internet or WiFi.

Comment

Irregular feed

I have two stations running separatly. One running on Piaware (T-KGVL5) and one on Fr24feed (T-KCNI4).

The Piaware station is running both Flightaware and FR24. The other one just FR24.

The screenshot was from the latter, but the other one looks the same. Flightaware does not show the uptime this way.

The internet connection could be the key, but I doubt it. It’s a 24mbps Comcast Business line and no other applications have problems.

I’m really confused as if to why I see this on both my stations while noone else seems to have experienced it.
                            ENFB.net
                            Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Could well be that your particular route to FR24 feed servers is a problem for some reason.

There was an issue like this quite some time ago where a complete provider in France couldn't connect to FR24 feed servers at all.
                              So it's conceivable there is packet loss on the internet somewhere between you and FR24 feed servers.

Do you have the fr24feed log enabled?

In case you have it enabled i believe you can check the stat packets like this:

grep byte /var/log/fr24feed/fr24feed.log

But even if it says that it failed somehow, it's hard to tell why.

Comment

Working...
                              X