Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irregular feed

Captain
    What's the version displayed here:

fr24feed --version

Also just for kicks check the fr24feed.ini if the http stuff is still in there.

I'm quite sure you have different feed keys for both stations, but i'll ask anyway?

By the way, why do you have MLAT disabled, limited traffic on your internet connection?

Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    What's the version displayed here:

fr24feed --version
    1.0.23-8

Also just for kicks check the fr24feed.ini if the http stuff is still in there.
    Not in the FR24feed-one .. reentered. But it didn't help last time.

I'm quite sure you have different feed keys for both stations, but i'll ask anyway?
    Yes, one is running PIAWARE, the other is running FR24FEED. Problem is the same with both.

By the way, why do you have MLAT disabled, limited traffic on your internet connection?
    Has been running continously on both.
    MLAT running: YES

Captain
    I don't quite get it, your stats on flightaware are intermittent as well?

To have the same problem twice, you'd have to have fr24feed running twice.
    Or do you mean you changed over the sd-card?

Or why do you say the have the same problem?

If the flightaware stats are intermittent as well i'd say you connection is unstable.
    Either internet or WiFi.

Irregular feed

I have two stations running separatly. One running on Piaware (T-KGVL5) and one on Fr24feed (T-KCNI4).

The Piaware station is running both Flightaware and FR24. The other one just FR24.

The screenshot was from the latter, but the other one looks the same. Flightaware does not show the uptime this way.

The internet connection could be the key, but I doubt it. Its a 24mbps Comcast Business line and no other applications have problems.

Im really confused as if to why I see this on both my stations while noone else seems to have experienced it.

Captain
    Could well be that your particular route to FR24 feed servers is a problem for some reason.

There was an issue like this quite some time ago where a complete provider in France couldn't connect to FR24 feed servers at all.
    So it's conceivable there is packet loss on the internet somewhere between you and FR24 feed servers.

Do you have the fr24feed log enabled?

In case you have it enabled i believe you can check the stat packets like this:

grep byte /var/log/fr24feed/fr24feed.log

But even if it says that it failed somehow, it's hard to tell why.

Could be - but I never saw that when I was running the SBS3 that FR24 provided me with. It started when I began tinkering with the RPI ..

Oh well .. it feeds, I have my account .. everyone is happy, right?

Have a great weekend and thanks for trying. You guys are a treasure. Shame FR24 don't step up in their own forum ... @Mike ..

Captain
    Have a nice weekend as well.