Airnav Radar Box Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airnav Radar Box Feeder

Was using my airnavradarbox and the windows feeder but my PC Failed a while ago. I have just obtained a old windows PC to start feeding again and I notice that there is no Windows software available for this. I see this has been discontinued. Anyone Know how I can feed while using my airnavradarbox Hardware ? The only software for the airnav radarbox is Windows.

Originally posted by wobble View Post
    Was using my airnavradarbox and the windows feeder but my PC Failed a while ago. I have just obtained a old windows PC to start feeding again and I notice that there is no Windows software available for this. I see this has been discontinued. Anyone Know how I can feed while using my airnavradarbox Hardware ? The only software for the airnav radarbox is Windows.
    Why bother? You've obviously done without FR24 for a while, why go to the effort now?

Comment

Not sure it is possible anymore because the radarbox doesn't supply the raw data it receives.

If you want to feed the best solution is probably to get yourself a Raspberry Pi and DVB-T stick (for example rtl-sdr blog v3).
      Maybe you can reuse the antenna if you don't use it for the radarbox anymore.

Comment

What were your fr24feeder settings when it was on old pc?

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          What were your fr24feeder settings when it was on old pc?
          Most these guys were using the pre console version BS out 30003 feeder from memory.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Ok I will install AirNav software on my windows PC and use DVB-T dongle as hardware. I have successfully done this more than a year ago just for test, then uninstalled it.

I will then change configuration of fr24feed on RPi from
            Beast, 127.0.0.1:30005
            to
            Basestation, 192.168.0.10:30003
            (192.168.0.10 is local IP of my Windows Desktop).

Let us see if this succeeds.

Here is screenshot of my previous AirNav software using DVB-T. The DVB-T was detected by AirNav software as "microRB".

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-17, 02:52.

Comment

(1) Plugged in DVB-T to Windows computer (had its driver zadig already installed earlier).

(2) On Windows computer installed AirNav 6.02.003

(3) In Windows firewall, created new "inbound rule" to create new rule to open port 30003 and "allow connection" for "private network".

https://www.mytecbits.com/microsoft/...ows-8-firewall

(4)Restarted windows computer.

(5) in RPi, changed configuration of fr24feed as follows
              edited file fr24feed.ini
              sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

used this setting
              receiver="avr-tcp"
              host="192.168.0.10:30003"

Restarted fr24feed.
              Checked status.
              Failed, not because connection to AirNav on Windows is not available, but because setting avr-tcp 30003 fails even for localhost (dump1090-fa)

Checked data from AirNav on Windows (host 192.168.0.10, port 30003) by command netcat 192.168.0.10 30003, found available (see screenshot below)

AirNav to RPi-1.png AirNav to RPi-2.png AirNav to RPi-3.png
              Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-17, 19:30.

Comment

Isn't 30003 SBS, not AVR?

Comment

Yep. MSG leaders is pre-decoded 'basestion'.

* prefix Leader is AVR

@ prefix leader is Raw

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                    Isn't 30003 SBS, not AVR?
                    The screenshot below shows the output from port 30003 of AirNav Windows software. What format it shows?
                    AirNav to RPi-3.png

Comment

Decoded SBS1 or 'basestaion' - the original format everyone could use as plain text. Use to be 5 min logged and delayed from their (sbs) SW

A chap once looked at it in the past

. (1) Configure PuTTY for Telnet to Pi port 30003 . (2) Configure PuTTY to save data in a csv file (30003.csv) . (3) Data stream displayed on PuTTY . (4) Data saved in file 30003.csv, displayed in MS Excel . (5) Reference Table 1 . (6) Reference Table 2 . Source of Reference Tables: http://woodair.net/sbs/Article/Barebones42_Socket_Data.htm .

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        A chap once looked at it in the past

. (1) Configure PuTTY for Telnet to Pi port 30003 . (2) Configure PuTTY to save data in a csv file (30003.csv) . (3) Data stream displayed on PuTTY . (4) Data saved in file 30003.csv, displayed in MS Excel . (5) Reference Table 1 . (6) Reference Table 2 . Source of Reference Tables: http://woodair.net/sbs/Article/Barebones42_Socket_Data.htm .
                        Before looking at it there, this chap has looked at it here
                        All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

The key problem is the bug in the fr24feed.
                          Although receiver avr-tcp and port 30003 are valid settings, the fr24feed fails on these settings, even when used with local dump1090 (mut or fa).

The logs show it to try to connect to port 30005 even when port is set to 30003 in settings.

This bug is there for considerable time. Why FR24 software developers dont fix this bug?

Comment

Have another question, but along same lines as this. I have a AirNav XRange reciever, it says that I can get data out of it, is it possible to feed it to FR24?

Comment

Working...
                            X