No announcement yet.

Online but No data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a new one using the base, or trim it to the right length. They are not optimized for ADSB which is near microwave.

3 EASY ANTTENNAS FOR BEGINNERS The main disadvantages of stock antenna supplied with DVB-T USB Dongle are: (1) It has a very short lead. Due to this, in most cases the antenna cannot be placed at an optimum location. (2) The stock antenna is not optimized for 1090 Mhz. SOLUTION FOR PROBLEM (1): The short cable
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Make a new one using the base, or trim it to the right length. They are not optimized for ADSB which is near microwave.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post64157
      Thanks for the advice. However, I can only put the antenna in the closed balcony, covering half the sky at most.

Maybe I will consider DIY a better antenna in the future.

Comment

Consider shielding the dongle with some aluminium foil without shorting anything.

And place the antenna higher than the pi so it is not in the horizontal plane of the antenna.
        Best to make sure all the cable you have is used so the RPi is as far as possible from the antenna.

It is possible that the delivered antenna lost cable connection at the base, the connection is very flimsy.

Depending on the dongle you can put a wire or paper clip directly into the connector. (about 67 mm long)

Do you have a dongle with SMA connector or MCX connector?

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
          Consider shielding the dongle with some aluminium foil without shorting anything.

And place the antenna higher than the pi so it is not in the horizontal plane of the antenna.
          Best to make sure all the cable you have is used so the RPi is as far as possible from the antenna.

It is possible that the delivered antenna lost cable connection at the base, the connection is very flimsy.

Depending on the dongle you can put a wire or paper clip directly into the connector. (about 67 mm long)

The dongle is an E4000 type.
          The connector is attached below.
          connector.jpg

Comment

Even easier to put a wire in that connector i suppose

You could probably also somehow make some radials (wires of about equal length to the antenna wire connected to the outer/shielding connection)

Basically you want a construction like this: https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...g-No-Connector

If you have a coax cable available that fits your connector, building the antenna above will provide the best reception you can easily get with a self built antenna

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post

Hi wiedehopf,

Could you specify how to put a wire or paper into the connector, like a picture?
              Thanks.

Comment

Doesn't it have a small hole in the middle? That's where an appropriately sized wire should go in.

Then the radials should go where the outer shield contact normally goes in.

I'm not sure how well that will work with that connector, you'll have to use your own judgement

Comment

stargate:
                  Spider antenna built on the dongle

Comment

Hi i have the same problem with my PI this my status
                    [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2022-06-04 11:48:31.
                    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [TCP].
                    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-LLBG162.
                    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
                    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (1 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0.

Comment

Originally posted by galfish View Post
                      Hi i have the same problem with my PI this my status
                      [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                      [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2022-06-04 11:48:31.
                      [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [TCP].
                      [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-LLBG162.
                      [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 0.
                      [ ok ] Receiver: connected (1 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                      [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                      [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0.
                      How To Test If Your DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Is Healthy Following two options are described below: OPTION-1: Dongle plugged into Raspberry Pi. OPTION-2: Dongle plugged into Windows Computer. . OPTION-1: Dongle plugged into Raspberry Pi. STEP-1: Install the test tools package rtl-sdr sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install

It wont be receiving. Probably a 'fitpower'
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                      X