SBSx & FR24Feed Version check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBSx & FR24Feed Version check

Hello SBS users (that still stick around)

We know there is a sudden increase in users discovering the windows feeder suddenly stopped working around 7-May. And as of today only a few will notice by way of their subscription downgrading

Often users come into the forum for help, get it, and are never seen from again until another issue arises. And usually not confirming the advise given has helped them on their way. Being a community this is.. less than helpful to others coming along with the same issue

So for those who are still using SBS units, And successfully uploading to FlightRadar, it would be a great help if you could report back here with your setups to assist others. And us, attempting to help others to.

At the same time, it will help identify if in fact no-one at all is now able to as a result..

Windows version was at 19-15

We know the linux .deb package is currently at ver 18-5 - and many report this does not read most SBS data

A Raspberry pi build was trialed from ver 19-2 and included in Windows and Pi versions from that point - we are assuming this was the working version SBS users were using

We have managed to make a virtual linux environment under windows, and install the Pi version on it (23-8) but not been tested if it can read/send SBS data.

I propose, for those who are currently uploading. To please list their setup/version here to find a common trend. In the format of:

SBS Hardware Version:
    SBS Connected to (Pi, Network attached, or direct USB to PC):
    Basestation Software Running?:
    - if so what feed source option/port
    - if not, what provides the data and format

ADSB Modifiers Present? (modesmixer etc)

FR24feed version:
    FR24feed hosted (virtual/RPi):
    FR24feed 'source' details (type/port):
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-05-11, 22:54.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Working:

SBS Hardware Version: sbs-1er

USB to pc
    Yes

USB

-

FR24feed version:
    23-8 pi armhf .deb

FR24feed hosted (virtual/RPi):
    Oracle VM raspberry pi desktop Debian 9, modified architecture for armhf

Basestationx 30006

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I finally succeeded...yesterday.
      For me, the unilateral decision of FR24 to depreciate the Windows-based feeding was a bad news. I was uploading with my SBS1e since 2012 (I started with a SBS first generation) and I was happy to share and to get the "recompense" to be a business man. My connection to the server was stopped on the 7h May if I remember well.
      The decision to continue to be a feeder was implying to change my equipment and this was almost a nogo. My SBS is LAN connected and I did not want to invest in an even-cheap apparatus, dongle, whatever with USB and then to attach an Ethernet connection etc... My SBS was (and is still) working perfectly on a 24/7 basis. Moreover my installation is complicate and I did not want to bother rebuilding everything from scratch. I was considering to give-up and buy a license.
      My Saviour is named abcd567 on this forum
      He started different threads and gave a very detailed and easy to understand tutorial for the noob that I am about the Linux things, that was still a foreign language for me some days ago. Sudo? what the.. substitute user do...ah. One of these threads is 2016 old.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...windows-feeder
      This tutorial helped me for the Oracle VM on my laptop. I still have some problems with the file sharing between W10 and the Linux host but I don't mind because , actually I don't really need it yet.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi

"How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi "

This tutorial is older but has more detailed informations when the FR24 feeder is installed on The VM.
      In fact this tutorial is also in the previous link, the recent one.
      I followed exactly the step by step with all sudo commands from step 1 to step 7/d. Everything went fine especially when you don't make typos...

To install the FR24 feeder I followed instructions detailed in the first link (the 2019 one) at step 2 option 1 for the SBS owner.
      It's rather tedious to write but finally...it worked... LAN connector and voila!
      I access to the FR24 interface through the 127.0.0.1:8754 address with Chromium browser.
      Thank you abcd567! You have done a Great job!
      Last edited by langelot; 2019-07-12, 08:19.

Comment

You didn't need the dump1090 section instructions at all really.

Good instructions are the whole reason we worked together to get a virtual solution.

Please share your feeder configuration and details exactly

SBS Hardware Version:

FR24feed version: pi .deb

FR24feed hosted (virtual/RPi): virtual

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X