Planeplotter support/ VM on a Windows box that feeds to other services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planeplotter support/ VM on a Windows box that feeds to other services

I use PlanePlotter to feed data to basically every other network. They haven't pulled the plug on Windows. Anyway, is there some kind of current VM passthrough we can use to send the data to FR? This isn't fair to the other services to force me to dedicate my machine to FR24. I love the service, and have been feeding for years, but this was not the best move.

Check out this for a starting point

The following are tested alternatives for feeding if your receiver was a windows based setup TAKE NOTE: These instructions are not for the feint of heart. They are complex. They do involve some learning Some SBS Receivers are still NOT supported Raspberry PI + DVB Stick + PI24 although come with a cost. May be easier for some

And the latter stages of this. I managed to get the Rpi version (most recent) going, just trying to work out.. how

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

The idea is, Virtual Linux with the feeder. Connecting to existing setup. Same as having a box off to the side doing similar.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

You can't feed FA with planeplotter anymore.

(Or at least soon you won't be able to)

Comment

Oh yeah, Forgot that ^^

Never fear, a VM (or a pi) would take care of that too. Is how I'm running

THis is still semi-relevant

FR24feed.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks a lot. This is a great place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWes View Post
            Thanks a lot. This is a great place to start.
            My Planeplotter setup with a VM running 'Lubuntu' and the FR24 linux feeder has been running 24/7 since the beginning of April with no obvious problems. Lubuntu is a 'lite' version of Ubuntu; the addition of Oracle and the linux VM has not impacted on performance and is low on resource use.

Interesting glitch on FR24 this morning, airport vehicles have spread and become amphibious. Quite a few spurious tracks for aircraft that have landed already. Can't blame it on Windows feeders :-)
            oops.JPG
            Last edited by Stealth; 2019-05-10, 00:28.

Comment

Working...
            X