Windows to Pi Authentication failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows to Pi Authentication failure

After noticing in the logs that my windows fr24feed is now defunct, I plugged my basestation into my ras pi
    Yes I did get the software & set up everything, but now I get an authentication failure when the software tries to communicate over usb (I think)
    I power the basestation from the Pi & it seems ok (Ive lost the psu anyway & cant remember the DC info )
    Not sure if the latest fr24feed version is causing probs. or what??
    No little green light (which I think is basestation connected, but I am getting the orange one (usb)
    I may have to wait till someone has the same problem & solves it!
    Spent all day so far trying different settings, but to no avail.....

Any Ideas Please?
    I don't really want to use a dongle & dump s/w - I paid for the basestation SBS1 :-)
    James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
    T-EGCC125
    http://www.ukjay.co.uk

quick test

Originally posted by ukjay View Post
    After noticing in the logs that my windows fr24feed is now defunct, I plugged my basestation into my ras pi
    Yes I did get the software & set up everything, but now I get an authentication failure when the software tries to communicate over usb (I think)
    I power the basestation from the Pi & it seems ok (Ive lost the psu anyway & cant remember the DC info )
    Not sure if the latest fr24feed version is causing probs. or what??
    No little green light (which I think is basestation connected, but I am getting the orange one (usb)
    I may have to wait till someone has the same problem & solves it!
    Spent all day so far trying different settings, but to no avail.....

Any Ideas Please?
    I don't really want to use a dongle & dump s/w - I paid for the basestation SBS1 :-)
    I had another try but forgot to plug the sbs1 (sorry I keep calling it the basestation) & got the error that it wasn't connecting to the SBS1 on /dev/ttyUSB0
    I then plugged the SBS1 in & got the usb connectiong, but still with authentication saying that it wanted SBSx
    So I'm still puzzled!
    Once again sorry about the BASESTATION/SBS1 confusion! please substitute BASESTATION for SBS1 haha
    James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
    T-EGCC125

Comment

Still no luck
      [reader][e]Authentication failed, please make sure the specified device is a SBSX-USB receiver
      James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
      T-EGCC125

Comment

Bad News!
        I've blown up my Kinetic SBS1!
        After dabbling with it using my old XP which has the BaseStation s/w
        I tried to monitor port 30003 but with no success like I used to have back in the day!
        After googling around I suspected it was because I was powering the SBS1 vis USB
        I searched for the PSU, but couldn't find it?
        Unfortunately there is no information about the voltage or polarity, but again after googleing I thought it was 12v + tip
        Tried a few PSUs - think it eventually died on me (no usb light)
        I seem to think it may be 5V NOT 12V
        Finger gets quite hot on one chip OUCH!

Ah well I had the SBS1 for quite a number of years, but it's a shame it's died!

MY FAULT!
        James Lazzari BSc (Hons)
        T-EGCC125

Comment

Condolences! I think you're right about the voltage. I tossed mine long ago when I bought the Beast. I seem to recall paying a lot of money for the SBS1. The thing is though, it only decoded the more common ADS-B data, while the Beast grabs all the data types that are transmitted. Those FPGA based receivers like the SBS1 and Beast are the best though.

Comment

With a good LNA and rtl-sdr compatible receiver you can get very nice range and number of positions per second.

Comment

Working...
            X