QF93 MEL-LAX schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QF93 MEL-LAX schedule

New to this part of FR24 - apologies if info format is not ideal.

Ref Qantas QF93 MEL-LAX scheduled 09.00 dep and 06.30 arrival.

for 14 to 17 April it appears imported schedule data for these dates incorrectly indicates late arrivals.

eg 17 April pushed back at MEL at 9.07 (scheduled departure 09.00) and took off at 9.38
    In flight as I type and FR24 suggests LAX arrival 6.18 compared to scheduled 5.19, therefore one hour late, but it will actually arrive 10 minutes early.

I dont have an answer but I checked UAL99 which does the same leg about the same time as QF93 and their data looks OK. I then looked at past data for QF93 and their scheduled arrival times since the significant timetable change are mixed up so it probably is a data error. In late February and early March, it seems the QF93 aircraft from MEL to LAX flew a return leg from LAX to SYD so maybe some of the blanks relate to preloaded leg data that weren't flown.

Let's blame the end of daylight saving time and losing a day travelling east across the Date Line .. which probably starts a whole new thread on scheduling, calculations and flight times.

ylis

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
      Let's blame the end of daylight saving time and losing a day travelling east across the Date Line .. which probably starts a whole new thread on scheduling, calculations and flight times.
      Sure does. Try logging australian-NZ flights in flightdiary/myfr24 when I travel. Always an hr shorter (or longer) than they actually are due to the time changes it can't handle.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

seems generous to blame daylight saving changes if all data is first in UTC and then displayed for local times.
        If I query even google it seems to handle scheduled and projected arrival times, I presume taking "official" airline feeds, and the competition can handle it.

A more general question is why the STA times change anyway. I would have thought that should be according to the published schedule.
        QF93 was just an example, but for current flight it changed to 05.45, with projected arrival time now being "late" at 06.04, while all future flights still say STA 06.25.
        Doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

A more general question is why the STA times change anyway. I would have thought that should be according to the published schedule.
          I agree with you ... otherwise every flight could be changed to show that they are 100% on time.

ylis

Comment

I flown that same Qantas QF93 MEL-LAX flight six time now and QF94 going the other way. My last time was in 2007, do they still give out the little gift bag with the mints and a pair of socks?
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
              I flown that same Qantas QF93 MEL-LAX flight six time now and QF94 going the other way. My last time was in 2007, do they still give out the little gift bag with the mints and a pair of socks?
              What you describe sounds like Economy ... at moment they give you an eyeshade & tooth brush & paste. You need to be in Premium Economy to get the luxury of socks.

Comment

Originally posted by ylis View Post
                I agree with you ... otherwise every flight could be changed to show that they are 100% on time.
                Agree with your thought, but at moment Qantas (& maybe others I have not observed) are getting the opposite where they are arriving early or on time, but FR24 is showing red / late.
                Other sources seem to manage to display the correct information but recently FR24 has become unreliable for assessing arrival times eg when to go to airport to pick up.

Comment

For 1090MHZ
                  the little gift bag with the mints and a pair of socks?
                  I went hunting around the bottom of my 'travel cupboard' to see if I had a QANTAS Comfort Pack - found some from Emirates and LAN but no QANTAS !

From their Business Class website:
                  The stylish kits include exclusive ASPAR Sweet Orange & Shea Hand Cream, Sweet Orange Lip Balm and an Ultra Hydrating Face Moisturiser, to keep skin hydrated while in flight. A Qantas Curates eye mask, travel socks, dental kit and ear plugs are also included.

Sleep soundly in signature Qantas-designed unisex grey pyjamas, available on selected overnight flights.

ylis

Comment

Seems QFA9 is suddenly taking 2 hours longer than before clock changes:
                    QFA9.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                      Seems QFA9 is suddenly taking 2 hours longer than before clock changes:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]10526[/ATTACH]
                      Some of you guys seem to have more faith in FR24 info than I'll ever have. I would not rely on FR24 data to either meet or catch any plane, to or from anywhere unless I had been tracking the aircraft over time during the flight. If you know a bit about the target flight, looking at it's actual track on the map is pretty reliable and it is easy to see if there is a two hour error (even a half hour error in a lot of cases) by where it is at a particular point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                        Some of you guys seem to have more faith in FR24 info than I'll ever have. I would not rely on FR24 data to either meet or catch any plane, to or from anywhere unless I had been tracking the aircraft over time during the flight. If you know a bit about the target flight, looking at it's actual track on the map is pretty reliable and it is easy to see if there is a two hour error (even a half hour error in a lot of cases) by where it is at a particular point in time.
                        Stuffed if I know how you got the impression that I have faith in FR24's tracking?????? My post was to indicate the sort of inaccuracies that exist.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                          I do look at aircraft location etc and estimate myself typical arrival time plus the vagaries of immigration formalities and baggage retrieval.
                          The point of the original post was that FR24 data is not reliable, at least for some flights.

Comment

Originally posted by ayebee View Post
                            I do look at aircraft location etc and estimate myself typical arrival time plus the vagaries of immigration formalities and baggage retrieval.
                            The point of the original post was that FR24 data is not reliable, at least for some flights.
                            It seems that their opposition are doing rather better on some flights. See the attached captures:
                            QFA10.JPG QFA10_2.JPG

Comment

Working...
                            X