Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QF93 MEL-LAX schedule

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Seems QFA9 is suddenly taking 2 hours longer than before clock changes:
    Attachment 10526
    Some of you guys seem to have more faith in FR24 info than I'll ever have. I would not rely on FR24 data to either meet or catch any plane, to or from anywhere unless I had been tracking the aircraft over time during the flight. If you know a bit about the target flight, looking at it's actual track on the map is pretty reliable and it is easy to see if there is a two hour error (even a half hour error in a lot of cases) by where it is at a particular point in time.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by airnrail View Post
    Some of you guys seem to have more faith in FR24 info than I'll ever have. I would not rely on FR24 data to either meet or catch any plane, to or from anywhere unless I had been tracking the aircraft over time during the flight. If you know a bit about the target flight, looking at it's actual track on the map is pretty reliable and it is easy to see if there is a two hour error (even a half hour error in a lot of cases) by where it is at a particular point in time.
    Stuffed if I know how you got the impression that I have faith in FR24's tracking?????? My post was to indicate the sort of inaccuracies that exist.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by airnrail View Post
    I do look at aircraft location etc and estimate myself typical arrival time plus the vagaries of immigration formalities and baggage retrieval.
    The point of the original post was that FR24 data is not reliable, at least for some flights.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by ayebee View Post
    I do look at aircraft location etc and estimate myself typical arrival time plus the vagaries of immigration formalities and baggage retrieval.
    The point of the original post was that FR24 data is not reliable, at least for some flights.
    It seems that their opposition are doing rather better on some flights. See the attached captures:
    QFA10.JPG QFA10_2.JPG