Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and USB Dongle R820T2 no flights recognized

First officer
    Maybe check this thread:

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ange-I-can-Get

Note that this is only valid if you don't have other houses that are in the way.
    There aren't many aircraft so maybe just let it run and check your feed statistics on fr24 tomorrow?

Planes on the ground are hard to receive unless you are very close to the airport.

Passenger
    First of all thank you very much for your support and patience.

The airport isn't far away, maybe 5km. But Addis is very mountainous.

Many planes are arriving and leaving in the evening. I will see what's happening tonight.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    And thank you Oblivian for unlocking the posts
    At 4am. I don't think so. It was multiple quotes and @s. 2nd text only attempts worked

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    My reception is still bad. Even after I put the antenna on the roof. I ordered now a FlightAware pro plus stick and a bigger outdoor antenna.
    No tracks and only one uploaded plane.

First officer
    Have you created a panorama like this:

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ange-I-can-Get

The outline should tell you if the airplanes coming into the airport are even in your view.

If your terrain is unfavorable and the planes come in on tracks that are obscured, no amount of reception equipment will help.

Anyway good luck with the new antenna and receiver.

Passenger
    Because of the Ethiopian Highland and the Mountains it’s not easy. But I shall see the landing planes.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomax2000 View Post
    Because of the Ethiopian Highland and the Mountains it’s not easy. But I shall see the landing planes.
    Note that the default outlines are for 10000 ft and 30000 ft, so for the landing planes you would need to change that number.

But as you said if you can see them with your eyes the antenna should be able to pick them up.
    I'm actually surprised your current antenna didn't pick them up as the signal should be strong as they are close by.

Passenger
    Is it the hight of the planes above sea level oder ground? because I am living already on 8000ft. The airport Addis Ababa is officially on 7657ft. If it is 10000ft above sea level I should see them landing.
    I tried it with 10000/30000ft and 10000/45000ft.
    IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg

First officer
    It's above sea level.

If you try putting in lower than local altitude into the yellow box it will show an error.

Good luck then with the new antenna!

Passenger
    Today the new antenna and receiver arrived in Addis. My reception is much better now.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-23 um 18.56.37.jpg

After a few hours.

Additional I got today the package of Flightradar24. Now I am receiving data from two devices.