Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pi Zero Advice Please

Passenger
    It was just handier to have a little VNC window somewhere on the screen I was on preferably set to "always on top". The alternative was to keep swapping tabs in whatever browser I was using. I didn't really need a map because I could hear them! It's a low fly area so at 500 ft or less they aren't in range for long. Just the way I chose to do it I suppose.

First officer
    I see. Be sure to give putty a try, much less network bandwidth and should be faster response as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aka_pseudonym View Post
    I'm in a military TTA and so I could find out which fast jets were buzzing about. But then the FR24 software stopped that being available. And then all the military turned off their transponders.

Even the Coastguard Search and Rescue helicopters have turned off their transponders here. The ultimate paradox?
    The Military didn't turn their transponders off, they are now using mode 5 a cryptographically secured version of Mode S with ADS-B positioning along with IFF (Identification Friend or Foe).
    They don't want to be tracked for obvious reasons.

More info about mode five and IFF http://www.telinstrument.com/avionic...nd-future.html

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    I see. Be sure to give putty a try, much less network bandwidth and should be faster response as well.
    I will, and thanks for your advice. Do a search for "Mach loop" and you'll understand why I set it up in the way I did originally!