No announcement yet.

Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's aggravating that even when there are no actual links the slashes in unix pathes are triggering the auto moderation?
    Anyway makes it really hard to help people who just registered on the forum.

Oblivian do you know what go the post auto-moderated?

I can probably include some character replacement trickery in those commands to get rid of all the slashes or whatever else is triggering the automoderation.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-04-17, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
      It's aggravating that even when there are no actual links the slashes in unix pathes are triggering the auto moderation?
      Anyway makes it really hard to help people who just registered on the forum.

Oblivian do you know what go the post auto-moderated?

I can probably include some character replacement trickery in those commands to get rid of all the slashes or whatever else is triggering the automoderation.
      Because people continue to use @s like its twitter.

And they're included in standard linux console output
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

So using @ is the problem? Or is it the slashes as well?

Comment

Hi both,

my post just came through, wiedehopf, any idea about my reply to your request for logs ?

Thanks

Best regards
          Rudolf

Comment

I can't see any logs if you posted any.

Comment

Try posting the output of these commands and be sure not to include the line with the command you put in.

Code:
              cat /etc/fr24feed.ini | tr '/@.' '|A,'

cat /var/log/dump1090-mutability.log | tr '/@.' '|A,'

pgrep -fa dump1090 | tr '/@.' '|A,'
              Without / or @ or . let's hope that the forum isn't quite as annoying.
              (The second part of these commands above replace / with |, @ with A and . with ,)
              Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-04-17, 13:35.

Comment

They disappeared again after reload. This is not good ! They were there and I took a screenshot.

I post them again ! Hoping they get released by a moderator rather soon

Comment

So here again ....

Code:
                   $ cat /etc/fr24feed.ini
                  receiver="beast-tcp"
                  fr24key="10dxxxxxxxxxx removed for privacy"
                  host="127.0.0.1:30005"
                  bs="no"
                  raw="no"
                  logmode="0"
                  logpath="/var/log"
                  mlat="yes"
                  mlat-without-gps="yes"
                  Code:
                  $ cat /var/log/dump1090-mutability.log
                  Wed Apr 17 12:43:13 2019 CEST  dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev starting up.
                  Using sample converter: UC8, integer/table path
                  Found 1 device(s):
                  0: Generic, RTL2832U, SN: 77771111153705700 (currently selected)
                  Detached kernel driver
                  Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                  Max available gain is: 49.60 dB
                  Setting gain to: 49.60 dB
                  Gain reported by device: 49.60 dB
                  Error opening the listening port 30002 (Raw TCP output): bind: Address already in use
                  Wed Apr 17 12:48:30 2019 CEST  dump1090-mutability v1.15~dev starting up.
                  Using sample converter: UC8, integer/table path
                  Found 1 device(s):
                  0: Generic, RTL2832U, SN: 77771111153705700 (currently selected)
                  Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
                  Max available gain is: 49.60 dB
                  Setting gain to: 49.60 dB
                  Gain reported by device: 49.60 dB

Statistics: Wed Apr 17 12:48:31 2019 CEST - Wed Apr 17 14:02:49 2019 CEST
                  Local receiver:
                    61341696 samples processed
                    0 samples dropped
                    0 Mode A/C messages received
                    170613 Mode-S message preambles received
                      93488 with bad message format or invalid CRC
                      74410 with unrecognized ICAO address
                      2519 accepted with correct CRC
                      196 accepted with 1-bit error repaired
                    -37.1 dBFS noise power
                    -24.4 dBFS mean signal power
                    -16.6 dBFS peak signal power
                    0 messages with signal power above -3dBFS
                  Messages from network clients:
                    0 Mode A/C messages received
                    0 Mode S messages received
                      0 with bad message format or invalid CRC
                      0 with unrecognized ICAO address
                      0 accepted with correct CRC
                      0 accepted with 1-bit error repaired
                  2715 total usable messages
                  0 surface position messages received
                  130 airborne position messages received
                  115 global CPR attempts with valid positions
                  0 global CPR attempts with bad data
                    0 global CPR attempts that failed the range check
                    0 global CPR attempts that failed the speed check
                  0 global CPR attempts with insufficient data
                  15 local CPR attempts with valid positions
                    0 aircraft-relative positions
                    0 receiver-relative positions
                  0 local CPR attempts that did not produce useful positions
                    0 local CPR attempts that failed the range check
                    0 local CPR attempts that failed the speed check
                  0 CPR messages that look like transponder failures filtered
                  0 non-ES altitude messages from ES-equipped aircraft ignored
                  14 unique aircraft tracks
                  1 aircraft tracks where only one message was seen
                  CPU load: 0.1%
                    2610 ms for demodulation
                    1557 ms for reading from USB
                    102 ms for network input and background tasks
                  Code:
                  $ pgrep -fa dump1090
                  561 /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --net --ppm 0 --fix --lat 49.618066 --lon 8.760589 --max-range 300 --net-ri-port 30001 --net-ro-port 30002 --net-bi-port 30004 --net-bo-port 30005 --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-heartbeat 60 --net-ro-size 500 --net-ro-interval 1 --net-buffer 2 --net-bind-address 127.0.0.1 --stats-every 3600 --write-json /run/dump1090-mutability --write-json-every 1 --json-location-accuracy 1 --quiet

Comment

Does a reboot fix it?

Because it looks like it's working.

Comment

• No, unfortunately not. I rebooted and repeated the forum post's instructions. I even cleaned my Raspberry and re-installed the OS. and then did it on a fresh device again. Always same issue.

I also tried it without the second one and only as DVB-T stick which forces dump to Version 1.14 as far as I understood, also here a failure. When I switch back to my Windows feeder, no problem, I submit data and it is recognized and valid datastream to FR24

Comment

• Use this command:

sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

And check if it works then, because right now dump1090 is running but when it tried to start before it couldn't start because a port was occupied.

Also let's see the output of this command

ls -l /etc/fr24feed.ini

Maybe the rights are incorrect and it's not using the settings and fighting with dump1090-mutability over the dongle.

Comment

• Oh dear.

For future reference, editing posts after posting them can have adverse effects.

I approved it and removed the 2 duplicates.

You edited it again after I did. That is exactly what link spammers do.

So it re triggered and moderated it again.

New users attempting to post links, common script/web code (FR24 logs included), or other key characters (attempting to tag users with @'s will trigger this - so don't!) may find their posts automatically moderated and will not show until approved. Do NOT post-boost or re-post to avoid, Edit code and links to broken/text only format to fix this, or separately request approval.
                          Patience is a virtue. And I'm on quite a different timezone.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi all,

Oblivian, thanks, I recognized I might have double-posted but I can share with you, the process for a new registrar like me for posting is absolutely uncomfortable, confusing and unclear to which extend I can post without Mod approval. Including - I have to say - the link posting denial for the four first postings. That doesn't make sense in anyway if you want to refer to other postings and proof you have searched the forum as recommended by the must-reads before posting.

wiedehopf, the command I used everytime after reboot. Meanwhile I got the system running, because when you told me the Dump is running properly I started to check the data-flow and all connected parts. From the Antenna down to the raspberry. I found the issue and although it is simple, without your help I wouldn't have checked it. It was the USB cable to connect the DVB-T stick with the Raspberry. I spend the last night with testing. While the cable works perfectly under Windows connecting the same DVB-T stick with the Windows PC it does not work at all with Rasperry. None of the connected USB devices worked on Raspberry but all worked on Windows when I connected them with the cable.
                            I never heard about USB cables which only work on windows. I took another USB cable and it worked fine.

Thanks a lot for your precious help.

Best regards and a nice easter weekend.
                            Rudi

Comment

• Originally posted by wetter-rimbach View Post
                              While the cable works perfectly under Windows connecting the same DVB-T stick with the Windows PC it does not work at all with Rasperry. None of the connected USB devices worked on Raspberry but all worked on Windows when I connected them with the cable.
                              I never heard about USB cables which only work on windows. I took another USB cable and it worked fine.

Rudi
                              Typical rtl-sdr dongles use about 300 mA and they want 5V, some are more tolerant than others.

The RPi has some power input protection which drops about 0.1 V or thereabout. Then you have the power input cable and in your case the USB cable to the dongle.

This leads to the dongle not correctly working.
                              It's a weakness of the RPi power supply system.

As a workaround there are power supplies produces specially for the Rpi 3 which supply 5.2V instead of just supplying 5V.

fr24feed is so spectacularly unspecific with the status. Receiver not working can mean anything from it's not connecting to dump1090 at all to "not receiving packets" from dump1090
                              Anyway it looked like it was working but in the future i will ask people to check http://pi/dump1090/ first.

Because in the log it looks like dump1090 is working, but it's actually stuck.

Pleasant Easter to you as well.

Comment

• A better solution is (at mercy of RPi harware developers) to use 12v or 15v DC for future models. With these voltages current flow will be 1/3rd, and consequently voltage drop will be 1/3rd of what it is with 5V dc system.

After all Europe and most of world uses 220/230/340V AC instead of USA 110/117/120V AC, resulting in 1/2 current, and reducing size of wires and switchgear by 1/2, which ultimately brings down the cost to 1/2.

Well Americans dont care for cost, they are rich people. 110V AC is OK for them
                                Last edited by abcd567; 2019-04-18, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X