Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Setup/Feed Migration Assistance

First officer

Windows Setup/Feed Migration Assistance

I was consider a linux install, then using Wine to run my other components. However seeing as how you raised the VM option I fired that up. Worked until I tried the "sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb" when an error was generated that this was not a standard debian file and failed to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I was consider a linux install, then using Wine to run my other components. However seeing as how you raised the VM option I fired that up. Worked until I tried the "sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb" when an error was generated that this was not a standard debian file and failed to install.
    What was output of command uname -m ?

First officer
    uname -m gave: "x86_64"

Subsequently the VM froze. So although I have 4Gb of ram, it may not be enough and linux/wine would be better.
    Last edited by Stealth; 2019-03-24 at 07:54.

Passenger

Reuse the Windows feeder ID on a RPi setup?

So seems we need to move from my windows feed to a RPi feeder.
    If i use the original FR24 image setup, can i just reuse my current ID or do i need to create a new feeder ID?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by larsras View Post
    So seems we need to move from my windows feed to a RPi feeder.
    If i use the original FR24 image setup, can i just reuse my current ID or do i need to create a new feeder ID?
    Note the key hash down, and the email used for signup. And when you run the wizard it *should* ask for it/re-find details.

Radar ID is pulled from server using that

Or quit the image signup and run
    sudo fr24feed --signup
    manually.

Alternatively, add it to the config file manually (replicate current .ini or manually adjust)

Sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

add a line

fr24key="keygoeshere"
    Ctrl-O <enter> to save, Ctrl-x to exit

sudo service fr24feed stop
    sudo service fr24feed start

And use web config to complete
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-24 at 10:34.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Flight attendant
    Yes please; some SIMPLE assistance please.

I have a SBS-1, which is now a backup sitting on the shelf in a cupboard, I bought SBS-3 and SBS 'puck'. I use SBS-3 at home where I would have provided a 24/7 coverage for a number of years. There has not been one single complaint from FR24 about the quality of my feed; generally 240 miles + I use the SBS puck when travelling

So this morning my three Windows feeds are no longer sending info (Feeding Software v32)

Therefore what are my options? I don't understand Computers, I use a number of Toshiba laptop PC's using either Win 8.1 or Win 10

I have visited the Raspberry website here in Australia but the issue is I don't know what to purchase. there appear to be many options and different models?

Can a 'tech guru' person inform me of what to purchase, as I feel FR24 are not going to allow the loyal people whom have supported them for many years to continue with Win feeds.

How do I connect my SBS-3 and SBS puck to a Raspberry?

Do I plug the Raspberry into my laptop?

Will the Raspberry drive a 22 inch HP 22es monitor?

Do I need any software specific to operate through Raspberry?

To those that assist me, my grateful thanks in advance

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Yes please; some SIMPLE assistance please.

So this morning my three Windows feeds are no longer sending info (Feeding Software v32)
    If it looked like this
    https://radarspotting.com/forum/inde....html#msg32788

That went unsupported/retired 3 or 4 years ago. So not surprised if they have killed that first. It was replaced with a ported version of the raspberry pi, and SBS uploads fixed after 1.0.19-5

I have visited the Raspberry website here in Australia but the issue is I don't know what to purchase. there appear to be many options and different models?

Can a 'tech guru' person inform me of what to purchase, as I feel FR24 are not going to allow the loyal people whom have supported them for many years to continue with Win feeds.
    https://www.flightradar24.com/build-your-own

Generally "Pi24 is compatible with all Raspberry Pi devices, including Raspberry Pi Zero. Please note that Raspberry Pi Zero has no network port and only one USB port"

The different revisions are just changes in Memory or Processor/speed. If you can still find a kit with a 2B/2B+ it will also work fine. Most retailers follow demand, which is the latest and greatest (v3B+) so only show those
    https://au.element14.com/raspberry-pi-essentials-kits

How do I connect my SBS-3 and SBS puck to a Raspberry?
    I've already outline the options. But the SBS otpions are untested as noone could ever confirm to me the previous guides I did actually work as expected. Despite reporting their individual setups go (tend to come for help, disappear after answer given with no reply).

No doubt Anmer may also have his own tested guides on RS forums

Direct
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post116906
    Still using windows
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post116908

Do I plug the Raspberry into my laptop?
    No, they are a micro computer based on Mobile Phone hardware. And as such you put on an OS and set them up the same as a computer, but with commandline instructions

Will the Raspberry drive a 22 inch HP 22es monitor?

Do I need any software specific to operate through Raspberry?

To those that assist me, my grateful thanks in advance
    As above. ABCD has written guides, with screenshots about setting them up.
    But running a full operating system with graphical output to a locally connected monitor uses a lot more resources than the standard remote control options available
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-25 at 22:55.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    HARDWARE

It can be either using a USB cable between receiver and RPi, or for a receiver connected to network directly, on the network through the router.

[/code]
    Can you please also instruct how to setup WiFi connection if ones using PI24 image?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kulverstukas View Post
    Can you please also instruct how to setup WiFi connection if ones using PI24 image?
    Instructions for this have been on the forum even before the announcement

https://forum.flightradar24.com/showthread.php?p=94559

https://forum.flightradar24.com/showthread.php?p=116878

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-27 at 07:48.

First officer

Windows Setup/Feed Migration Assistance

@abcd567

I'm still persevering, but to avoid downtime I'm working on a parallel set up on another machine for now. I went through the 'Manual Configuration of FR24 service...." steps 1 to 5 OK, but step 6 throws up an error. Any suggestions?

fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Feeder
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-03-29 09:50:15 AWST; 1min 3s ago
    Process: 1166 ExecStart=/user/bin/fr24feedUser=fr24 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
    Main PID: 1166 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Feeder.
    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Failed to start Flightradar24 Feeder.