Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys,
    can you please help me to setup my fr24feeder on linux. I have a rather strange solution to the windows problem ... I found that on an old android tv stick (mk808 - RK3066 chipset) you can run linux and I would like to use that as my 24/7 feeder.
    There is an older linux image for that device called PicUntu (based on ubuntu 12.10) that I have installed on it.
    I have tried to follow the instructions provided here for instalation of fr24feed on linux VM, but there were problems. My knowledge of linux is unfortunately VERY limited and is basically limited to following exact instructions.
    Thanks for all the help

Kris

Comment

• You should follow the instructions for the Raspberry Pi, as the board you are using is an ARM chipset.

Try this:
      Code:
      wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
      sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
      Does it install?

If it doesn't you will need to use this link:

But running the binary is kinda complicated and you would need to figure that out on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        But I got the raspberry pi/armhf edition of Fr24feed installed and working on it. Which may be a good step for those with SBS as it apparently includes the fixes.
        fr24feed:armhf:
        Installed: 1.0.23-8
        Dont know how, but got armhf .deb package (for RPI) installed and working on i686 machine after lots of install, uninstall, purge, fix-broken-install, install dependencies. etc
        So many trial-and-errors, dont remember exactly how.

Will make a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on VM, and try again, this time carefully noting the steps.

FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - A.png FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - B.png

Comment

• For something designed for pi and armhf it doesn't make sense huh but don't look gift horse in mouth

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by JackL View Post
            Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!
            Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.

Comment

• OK. made a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on Oracle VM on Windows, and carefully did the steps, and found these are the required steps:

Code:
              uname -m
              # output of above command on my computer is i686,
              # it may be x86_64 on your computer.

# Five vital steps in red below:
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]
              sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt upgrade --fix-missing

sudo apt install libstdc++6:armhf 
              [/COLOR]

wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

fr24feed --reconfigure

fr24feed-status

FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - C.png
              Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-10, 17:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                OK. made a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on Oracle VM on Windows, and carefully did the steps, and found these are the required steps:

Code:
                uname -m
                # output of above command on my computer is i686,
                # it may be different on your computer.

# Four vital steps in red below:
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]
                sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install libstdc++6:armhf 
                [/COLOR]

wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

fr24feed --reconfigure

fr24feed-status

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10598[/ATTACH]
                This sounds promising. I will try later today and will report back with my results. Need to get this going already downgraded to a Gold subscription...

Comment

• @tomascubero
                  Please do not quote FULL posts, as this is unnecessary repetition, and makes threads very long and difficult to follow.
                  Quoting only the small key part of posts is much better and cleaner.
                  Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

• As you probably won't be able to get all the required packages to compile dump1090-mutability 1.15, maybe try 1.14

wget https://github.com/mutability/dump10...1.14_armhf.deb
                    sudo dpkg -i dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb

Comment

• Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                      You should follow the instructions for the Raspberry Pi, as the board you are using is an ARM chipset.

Try this:
                      Code:
                      wget ...
                      Does it install?

If it doesn't you will need to use this link:

But running the binary is kinda complicated and you would need to figure that out on your own.
                      Thanks for your help!
                      I did follow instructions for Raspberry Pi and managed to install fr24feed, but I did not manage to install dump1090.
                      It seems that the distro used is really old and missing a lot of packages needed to install apps (like apt and git and who knows what else).

Is there maybe anther option, maybe another linux version that could work on this TV-stick? Or are the linux versions so CPU and chipset specific?

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        OK. made a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on Oracle VM on Windows, and carefully did the steps, and found these are the required steps:
                        aleluya.png

I cannot explain how happy I am to see this on my VM! It worked! I am back online and feeding data. Thank you so much ABCD and & Oblivian, I could have never gotten it back up with your help. The trick was installing the armhf deb and that probably came with the fix you guys were talking about it understanding the SBS/Basestation raw data.

Just one more thing, why do I get a NO under MLAT? It is enabled as YES in the .ini file as well as raw data and SBS feed.

Is this because my SBS-1er is incapable of sending MLAT? I think the settings file says that MLAT only works with a Raspberry Pi and another device.

Thanks again for all the help, really you guys are geniuses with this!

Tomas.
                        Last edited by tomascubero; 2019-05-11, 14:05.

Comment

• ABCDs guide has the auto start buried somewhere.

I don't think mlat is enabled/valid for basestation/sbs users. Only beast and dump1090

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The miraculous workings of armhf binaries working on x86_64.

Very curious. I'm no Linux noob by any means but finding information on the --add-architecture feature is really not easy.
                            Looked around but didn't find anything basically.

Comment

The miraculous workings of armhf binaries working on x86_64.
                              Actually I learned dpkg --add-architecture from J Prochazka, but he used it only for installing i386.deb on x64_86 machines, never for armhf. This is discovered now by trial & error that it works for armhf.deb on i686 and x64_86. Miraculous indeed!
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-11, 23:54.

Comment

As you probably won't be able to get all the required packages to compile dump1090-mutability 1.15, maybe try 1.14

wget...
                                sudo dpkg -i dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb
                                I tried a newer linux image for my android tv stick a got some progress!
                                I managed to install dump1090 and it works.
                                I have tried several versions of fr24feed but there were always issues. The best results were when I installed fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amrhf.tgz
                                But here also I ran into issues that I don't know how to solve. I hope that you can figure it out of this:

Code:
                                root@danuntu:/home/danuntu# systemctl status fr24feed
                                fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                                   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled)
                                   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Sri 1969-12-31 19:00:10 EST; 49 years 4 months ago
                                  Process: 577 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
                                  Process: 573 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                  Process: 563 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                  Process: 555 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

root@danuntu:/home/danuntu# systemctl restart fr24feed
                                root@danuntu:/home/danuntu# systemctl status fr24feed
                                fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
                                   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled)
                                   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Ned 2019-05-12 09:16:09 EDT; 2s ago
                                  Process: 1513 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
                                  Process: 1509 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/create_missing_directories.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                  Process: 1504 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/unregister_kernel_modules.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                                  Process: 1500 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/fr24/install_dump1090.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Comment

Working...
                                X