Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

I was consider a linux install, then using Wine to run my other components. However seeing as how you raised the VM option I fired that up. Worked until I tried the "sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb" when an error was generated that this was not a standard debian file and failed to install.

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
    I was consider a linux install, then using Wine to run my other components. However seeing as how you raised the VM option I fired that up. Worked until I tried the "sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb" when an error was generated that this was not a standard debian file and failed to install.
    What was output of command uname -m ?

Comment

uname -m gave: "x86_64"

Subsequently the VM froze. So although I have 4Gb of ram, it may not be enough and linux/wine would be better.
      Last edited by Stealth; 2019-03-24, 07:54.

Comment

Reuse the Windows feeder ID on a RPi setup?

So seems we need to move from my windows feed to a RPi feeder.
        If i use the original FR24 image setup, can i just reuse my current ID or do i need to create a new feeder ID?

Comment

Originally posted by larsras View Post
          So seems we need to move from my windows feed to a RPi feeder.
          If i use the original FR24 image setup, can i just reuse my current ID or do i need to create a new feeder ID?
          Note the key hash down, and the email used for signup. And when you run the wizard it *should* ask for it/re-find details.

Radar ID is pulled from server using that

Or quit the image signup and run
          sudo fr24feed --signup
          manually.

Alternatively, add it to the config file manually (replicate current .ini or manually adjust)

Sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

add a line

fr24key="keygoeshere"
          Ctrl-O <enter> to save, Ctrl-x to exit

sudo service fr24feed stop
          sudo service fr24feed start

And use web config to complete
          Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-24, 10:34.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes please; some SIMPLE assistance please.

I have a SBS-1, which is now a backup sitting on the shelf in a cupboard, I bought SBS-3 and SBS 'puck'. I use SBS-3 at home where I would have provided a 24/7 coverage for a number of years. There has not been one single complaint from FR24 about the quality of my feed; generally 240 miles + I use the SBS puck when travelling

So this morning my three Windows feeds are no longer sending info (Feeding Software v32)

Therefore what are my options? I don't understand Computers, I use a number of Toshiba laptop PC's using either Win 8.1 or Win 10

I have visited the Raspberry website here in Australia but the issue is I don't know what to purchase. there appear to be many options and different models?

Can a 'tech guru' person inform me of what to purchase, as I feel FR24 are not going to allow the loyal people whom have supported them for many years to continue with Win feeds.

How do I connect my SBS-3 and SBS puck to a Raspberry?

Do I plug the Raspberry into my laptop?

Will the Raspberry drive a 22 inch HP 22es monitor?

Do I need any software specific to operate through Raspberry?

To those that assist me, my grateful thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
              Yes please; some SIMPLE assistance please.

So this morning my three Windows feeds are no longer sending info (Feeding Software v32)
              If it looked like this

That went unsupported/retired 3 or 4 years ago. So not surprised if they have killed that first. It was replaced with a ported version of the raspberry pi, and SBS uploads fixed after 1.0.19-5

I have visited the Raspberry website here in Australia but the issue is I don't know what to purchase. there appear to be many options and different models?

Can a 'tech guru' person inform me of what to purchase, as I feel FR24 are not going to allow the loyal people whom have supported them for many years to continue with Win feeds.
              The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Generally "Pi24 is compatible with all Raspberry Pi devices, including Raspberry Pi Zero. Please note that Raspberry Pi Zero has no network port and only one USB port"

The different revisions are just changes in Memory or Processor/speed. If you can still find a kit with a 2B/2B+ it will also work fine. Most retailers follow demand, which is the latest and greatest (v3B+) so only show those

How do I connect my SBS-3 and SBS puck to a Raspberry?
              I've already outline the options. But the SBS otpions are untested as noone could ever confirm to me the previous guides I did actually work as expected. Despite reporting their individual setups go (tend to come for help, disappear after answer given with no reply).

No doubt Anmer may also have his own tested guides on RS forums

Direct
              Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Still using windows
              Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Do I plug the Raspberry into my laptop?
              No, they are a micro computer based on Mobile Phone hardware. And as such you put on an OS and set them up the same as a computer, but with commandline instructions

Will the Raspberry drive a 22 inch HP 22es monitor?

Do I need any software specific to operate through Raspberry?

To those that assist me, my grateful thanks in advance
              As above. ABCD has written guides, with screenshots about setting them up.
              But running a full operating system with graphical output to a locally connected monitor uses a lot more resources than the standard remote control options available
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-25, 22:55.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                HARDWARE

It can be either using a USB cable between receiver and RPi, or for a receiver connected to network directly, on the network through the router.

[/code]
                Can you please also instruct how to setup WiFi connection if ones using PI24 image?

Comment

Originally posted by kulverstukas View Post
                  Can you please also instruct how to setup WiFi connection if ones using PI24 image?
                  Instructions for this have been on the forum even before the announcement

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-27, 07:48.

Comment

Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

@abcd567

I'm still persevering, but to avoid downtime I'm working on a parallel set up on another machine for now. I went through the 'Manual Configuration of FR24 service...." steps 1 to 5 OK, but step 6 throws up an error. Any suggestions?

fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Feeder
                    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
                    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-03-29 09:50:15 AWST; 1min 3s ago
                    Process: 1166 ExecStart=/user/bin/fr24feedUser=fr24 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
                    Main PID: 1166 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
                    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
                    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Feeder.
                    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
                    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
                    Mar 29 09:50:15 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Failed to start Flightradar24 Feeder.

Comment

You have to see why the service is failing. It's individual to everyones particular install so no one quick fix.

Run it in full output instead

sudo fr24feed

And watch

- Run command to check status
                      sudo fr24feed-status
                      .deb install sudo fr24feed --status

If service is not running, diagnose WHY
                      - Did the installs script fail?
                      - Did you complete the install script questionnaire correctly?
                      - Did you wrongly chose DVBT stick when PiAware or other software was already working?
                      - Check the basic commands
                      sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
                      sudo service fr24feed start
                      sudo systemctl start fr24feed

Still not starting or MLAT or other functions are not working? Visually check WHY..
                      - Stop FR24feed
                      sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
                      - Start fr24feed with full output
                      sudo fr24feed ( !! no 'Service' !! )
                      [B]

Enable log file. Start for a while, stop, and review log
                      cat /var/log/fr24feed/fr24feed.log
                      Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-03-29, 03:19.

Comment

@Stealth:

(1) Have you installed any decoder? If yes, then which one?

(2) Try following
                        Code:
                        sudo reboot

sudo systemctl status fr24feed
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2019-03-29, 02:49.

Comment

I think that's the issue, output is showing that it can't connect to the receiver. I attempted to replicate my Windows set up with Planeplotter as the primary decoder for the Mode-S Beast, but without going through registration/authentication I can't get the data going.

Comment

Post your config please:

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

(you can replace the feed key with xxxxxxx)

Maybe the ModeS Beast is not reachable via USB in the virtual machine?
                            Or are you running on a RPi?

Your ModeS beast device file should be under /dev/ttyUSB0 i believe.
                            Or you can check with
                            ls /dev/ttyUSB*

(which in turn needs to be configured in fr24feed)

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                              Post your config please:

cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

(you can replace the feed key with xxxxxxx)

Maybe the ModeS Beast is not reachable via USB in the virtual machine?
                              Or are you running on a RPi?

Your ModeS beast device file should be under /dev/ttyUSB0 i believe.
                              Or you can check with
                              ls /dev/ttyUSB*

(which in turn needs to be configured in fr24feed)
                              Reading between the lines

No completed config file.

Beast via USB to PC
                              PC decoding with planeplotter

Linux on laptop attempting tcp connection to PC.

Of which I outlined an example.

But if not clear enough open to rewording if advised

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X