Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Passenger
    Hi guys,
    can you please help me to setup my fr24feeder on linux. I have a rather strange solution to the windows problem ... I found that on an old android tv stick (mk808 - RK3066 chipset) you can run linux and I would like to use that as my 24/7 feeder.
    There is an older linux image for that device called PicUntu (based on ubuntu 12.10) that I have installed on it.
    I have tried to follow the instructions provided here for instalation of fr24feed on linux VM, but there were problems. My knowledge of linux is unfortunately VERY limited and is basically limited to following exact instructions.
    Thanks for all the help

Kris

Captain
    You should follow the instructions for the Raspberry Pi, as the board you are using is an ARM chipset.

Try this:
    Code:
    wget https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
    sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb
    Does it install?

If it doesn't you will need to use this link:
    https://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/...23-8_armhf.tgz

But running the binary is kinda complicated and you would need to figure that out on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    But I got the raspberry pi/armhf edition of Fr24feed installed and working on it. Which may be a good step for those with SBS as it apparently includes the fixes.
    fr24feed:armhf:
    Installed: 1.0.23-8
    Dont know how, but got armhf .deb package (for RPI) installed and working on i686 machine after lots of install, uninstall, purge, fix-broken-install, install dependencies. etc
    So many trial-and-errors, dont remember exactly how.

Will make a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on VM, and try again, this time carefully noting the steps.

FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - A.png FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - B.png

Super Moderator
    For something designed for pi and armhf it doesn't make sense huh but don't look gift horse in mouth

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by JackL View Post
    Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!
    Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.

OK. made a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on Oracle VM on Windows, and carefully did the steps, and found these are the required steps:

Code:
    uname -m
    # output of above command on my computer is i686,
    # it may be x86_64 on your computer.

# Five vital steps in red below:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt upgrade --fix-missing

sudo apt install libstdc++6:armhf 

wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

fr24feed --reconfigure

fr24feed-status

FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - C.png
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-10 at 17:46.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    OK. made a fresh install of Raspbian x86 on Oracle VM on Windows, and carefully did the steps, and found these are the required steps:

Code:
    uname -m
    # output of above command on my computer is i686,
    # it may be different on your computer.

# Four vital steps in red below:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install libstdc++6:armhf 

wget -O fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb http://repo-feed.flightradar24.com/rpi_binaries/fr24feed_1.0.23-8_armhf.deb

fr24feed --reconfigure

fr24feed-status

FR24 LINUX 1.0.23-8 - C.png
    This sounds promising. I will try later today and will report back with my results. Need to get this going already downgraded to a Gold subscription...

@tomascubero
    Please do not quote FULL posts, as this is unnecessary repetition, and makes threads very long and difficult to follow.
    Quoting only the small key part of posts is much better and cleaner.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Captain
    As you probably won't be able to get all the required packages to compile dump1090-mutability 1.15, maybe try 1.14

wget https://github.com/mutability/dump10...1.14_armhf.deb
    sudo dpkg -i dump1090-mutability_1.14_armhf.deb

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    You should follow the instructions for the Raspberry Pi, as the board you are using is an ARM chipset.

Try this:
    Code:
    wget ...
    Does it install?

If it doesn't you will need to use this link:

But running the binary is kinda complicated and you would need to figure that out on your own.
    Thanks for your help!
    I did follow instructions for Raspberry Pi and managed to install fr24feed, but I did not manage to install dump1090.
    It seems that the distro used is really old and missing a lot of packages needed to install apps (like apt and git and who knows what else).

Is there maybe anther option, maybe another linux version that could work on this TV-stick? Or are the linux versions so CPU and chipset specific?