X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MerNion View Post
    I managed to make it work!!!!

Setup:
    SBS1 USB connected to Host Computer with IP 192.168.0.7. Basestation running on Host Computer. On Virtual Computer running the Raspberry-PI Desktop with the fr24feed.

You --signup or --reconfigure and select option "7 - SBSx via Basestation (localhost:30006)"

Then before starting the fr24feed you edit the file:
    /etc/fr24feed.ini

and change the line which says

localhost:30006

to

192.168.0.7:30006

Save and run fr24feed and voila!
    That's what the other 3 SBS users have had to do :/

The 30003 data is pre-decoded. And for some reason the feeder stopped listening to that (despite being the first type when they started out!)

30006 is proprietary encoded sbs format, and they seem to be able to handle that.

Guess your tests confirm the USB methods are all but useless again.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• how feed from virtual radar server? maybe i can write ip and port to rebroadcast server in VRS on win10?

Comment

• Hello fellow feeders,

Since the FR24 windows client stopped, I've been looking for a way to continue to feed FR24 but without redoing my entire installation under w10 which works perfectly for several years.

I am progressing....
        The FR24 client is now installed on the Pi (raspbian)
        The Pi is in wifi, the PC on which Virtual Radar Server is installed is also in wifi.
        During the installation of the FR24 client I gave the requested information (email address, lat/long of the receiver, IP address of the receiver etc...)
        On the FR24 website my receiver is well "online" but 0 planes.....
        by connecting from a PC to the FR24 client via http ip-du-pi:8754 I can modify the options but I can't get any aircraft.........
        The pi is in fixed IP 192.168.0.11
        The PC is in fixed IP 192.168.0.10
        The dongle is DVB-T with RTL1090 on the PC of course, with more or less 100/150 aircraft's tracked

Any idea of wich option i should activate ?
        AVR, BEAST, other
        Port, 31001, 30003 other ?

Regards,
        Capecod

Comment

• Capecode:

Do NOT use setting avr-tcp. It often creates problem.

Use
          receiver: beast-tcp
          host: ip-of-windows-computer:31001

(As your windows computer's ip is 192.168.0.10, in your case it will be host=192.168.0.10:31001)

You have to setup RTL1090, VRS and fr24feed as shown in the post linked below. This post is for all 3 items (RTL1090, fr24feed, and VRS) on Windows computer.

In your current setup, RTL1090 and VRS are still on Windows computer, but fr24feed is now on another computer (Raspberry Pi). Therefore in fr24feed.ini, instead of host=127.0.0.1:31001, use host=ip-of-windows-computer:31001 (in your case it will be host=192.168.0.10:31001)

Windows: How-to Feed FR24FEED And VRS From RTL1090

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-31, 19:25.

Comment

• Well

It seems to work well with this data in FR24 Feeder settings:
            Receiver: AVR TCP
            HOST IP: my PC IP:30006

Regards
            Capecod

Comment

• Capecod:

The RTL1090 outputs data as follows:
              (1) AVR on port 30003
              (2) Beast at port 31001

As fr24feed is able to get AVR on port 30006, most likely you have configured a "Rebroadcast Server" in VRS with format Basestation, port # 30006.

Can you please check your VRS settings and confirm?
              Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-31, 23:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                Capecod:

The RTL1090 outputs data as follows:
                (1) AVR on port 30003
                (2) Beast at port 31001

As fr24feed is able to get AVR on port 30006, most likely you have configured a "Rebroadcast Server" in VRS with format Basestation, port # 30006.

Can you please check your VRS settings and confirm?
                Hi,

yes indeed, but not in Basestation format. I rebroadcast : format AVR, port 30006 for PlaneFinder feeder client

But since I am again a feeder of FR24, I don't really need to feed PlaneFinder anymore......

Regards
                Capecod
                Last edited by Capecod; 2019-06-01, 08:44.

Comment

• The linux planefinder client provides a nice map at http://pi:30053
                  Inlcudes a nice range outline and some basic statistics.
                  Well worth adding to your Raspberry Pi.

Personally i'd switch to using dump1090-fa with the dongle in the Raspberry Pi and configure VRS to take that as a source.
                  It provides very nice decoding (and a local map that you don't need when running VRS)
                  In case you ever want to try it, check these instructions (https://github.com/wiedehopf/combine...ng-dump1090-fa)

RTL1090 can also produce unreliable data.
                  (Doesn't mean yours does it depends on the settings i guess)

Comment

• Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                    The linux planefinder client provides a nice map at XXXX
                    Inlcudes a nice range outline and some basic statistics.
                    Well worth adding to your Raspberry Pi.

Personally i'd switch to using dump1090-fa with the dongle in the Raspberry Pi and configure VRS to take that as a source.
                    It provides very nice decoding (and a local map that you don't need when running VRS)
                    In case you ever want to try it, check these instructions
                    RTL1090 can also produce unreliable data.
                    (Doesn't mean yours does it depends on the settings i guess)
                    I find that PlaneFinder is very poor compared to FR24, whether it is the aircraft (much more on FR24), the options, the filters, or the mobile app...
                    So no, I'm not going to add it to my Pi (which is one of the first Pi and therefore quite slow)
                    I am very happy with what I have today, and besides I will disable the PlaneFinder Client and the rebroadcast

Regards
                    Capecod

Comment

• Originally posted by Capecod View Post
                      I find that PlaneFinder is very poor compared to FR24, whether it is the aircraft (much more on FR24), the options, the filters, or the mobile app...
                      So no, I'm not going to add it to my Pi (which is one of the first Pi and therefore quite slow)
                      I am very happy with what I have today, and besides I will disable the PlaneFinder Client and the rebroadcast

Regards
                      Capecod
                      Well, that's it, problem solved.

Regards,
                      Capecod

Comment

• Comment

• Dear Sir

I did everything as you instructed & the doungle start to feed fr24 in good status.unfortunately, after 4 days, it's stop to feed fr24 & I start to set everything from beginning.

when I want to enter this command to install dependencies:
                          # Install dependencies
                          sudo apt install gcc-6-base:armhf libc6:armhf libgcc1:armhf libstdc++6:armhf

I got this error from debian operating system:

Untitled1.jpg

I tried to continue installation, but when I finish it, the feed didn't work & on the usb panel on dashboard, the red circle flashes and the connection between the dongles and the operating system is not established, like this:

Untitled.jpg

I have read various parts of the forum to resolve the problem but did not find the solution.

Please help me solve this problem.

P.S:

I did the installation method on the two Windows operating systems, 7 & 10, but unfortunately I encountered the same error message.
                          Last edited by arash; 2019-06-22, 14:29.

Comment

• # FIRST OF ALL Add architecture armhf to use RPi armhf package on i386 / i686 / x86_64 PC:
                            sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf

# NEXT UPDATE
                            sudo apt update

# LAST install dependencies
                            sudo apt install gcc-6-base:armhf libc6:armhf libgcc1:armhf libstdc++6:armhf
                            Last edited by abcd567; 2019-06-22, 14:44.

Comment

• thank you for answer

I got this errors:

Untitled2-1.jpg

Untitled2-2.jpg

Untitled2-3.jpg

I'm totally confused!

Does this problem resolve using another version of Linux?

Comment

• There is an issue with network/internet connectivity.

For diagnosis show the output of these commands:

ping -c3 8.8.8.8

ping -c3 ftp.debian.org

cat /etc/resolv.conf
                                Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-06-22, 21:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X