Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 280

Thread: Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

  1. #41
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    229
    Just when I thought I was on a roll, more issues. Seems that FR24feed doesn't like more than one additional connection. After adding Planefinder and watching it for a few minutesI went for a refreshing walk, came back to fr24 protesting "Too many connections!"

    I'll restart it and monitor, but is it at this point I just say too hard.....?

  2. #42
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Just when I thought I was on a roll, more issues. Seems that FR24feed doesn't like more than one additional connection. After adding Planefinder and watching it for a few minutesI went for a refreshing walk, came back to fr24 protesting "Too many connections!"

    I'll restart it and monitor, but is it at this point I just say too hard.....?
    You can have 5 connections. I run 4. And I think PP (or one of my others) refreshes itself as every now and then it says one disconnected, connection detected - 1 left.

    Be thankful I got them to raise it from 2 saying it wasn't enough!

    /edit at least I think the Pi version is 5. Windows sure was as I struck issues
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

  3. #43
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    You can have 5 connections. I run 4. And I think PP (or one of my others) refreshes itself as every now and then it says one disconnected, connection detected - 1 left.

    Be thankful I got them to raise it from 2 saying it wasn't enough!

    /edit at least I think the Pi version is 5. Windows sure was as I struck issues
    I ran it again for about 30 minutes and the problem didn't come up. What I did notice is that the data flow is interrupted and that a connect/disconnect sequence to the beast is occurring every 10 or 15 seconds. I monitored Planefinder's data page and data was dropping out for a second or two on a regular basis. It's not so easy to see on Planeplotter. I also noticed that PF wasn't getting any Mode AC packets.

    Other than power outages, the mini-PC has run PP, PF, VRS and FR24, H24 for more than a year. I'll need that kind of confidence before I'll commit to a switch.

  4. #44
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I ran it again for about 30 minutes and the problem didn't come up. What I did notice is that the data flow is interrupted and that a connect/disconnect sequence to the beast is occurring every 10 or 15 seconds. I monitored Planefinder's data page and data was dropping out for a second or two on a regular basis. It's not so easy to see on Planeplotter. I also noticed that PF wasn't getting any Mode AC packets.

    Other than power outages, the mini-PC has run PP, PF, VRS and FR24, H24 for more than a year. I'll need that kind of confidence before I'll commit to a switch.
    Planeplotter, Piaware, SQL poll (30003) and ModeSMil uploader.

    Every 2 mins...

    2019-03-30 10:44:47 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:44:50 | [feed][i]removed 1 of 24 AC
    2019-03-30 10:44:52 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:44:57 | [feed][i]sent 21,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:44:59 | [bs][i]New client connected 192.168.0.8:60028
    2019-03-30 10:44:59 | [bs][i]Client disconnected, 2 left
    2019-03-30 10:45:02 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:45:02 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:02 | [mlat][i]Stats 1191992/418
    2019-03-30 10:45:07 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:12 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:17 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:22 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:22 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:45:22 | [mlat][i]Stats 1192425/433
    2019-03-30 10:45:27 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:32 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:33 | [feed][i]filtering out 2 overlapping AC (saving bandwidth)
    2019-03-30 10:45:37 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:42 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:42 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:45:42 | [mlat][i]Stats 1192856/431
    2019-03-30 10:45:47 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:52 | [feed][i]sent 20,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:57 | [feed][i]sent 21,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:45:58 | [feed][i]removed 2 of 25 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:02 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:46:02 | [mlat][i]Stats 1193254/398
    2019-03-30 10:46:02 | [feed][i]sent 21,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:07 | [feed][i]sent 19,1 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:12 | [feed][i]sent 19,1 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:17 | [feed][i]sent 19,1 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:22 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:46:22 | [mlat][i]Stats 1193625/371
    2019-03-30 10:46:22 | [feed][i]sent 19,2 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:26 | [bs][i]New client connected 192.168.0.8:60038
    2019-03-30 10:46:26 | [bs][i]Client disconnected, 2 left
    2019-03-30 10:46:27 | [feed][i]sent 20,1 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:32 | [feed][i]sent 18,1 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:33 | [feed][i]filtering out 4 overlapping AC (saving bandwidth)
    2019-03-30 10:46:37 | [feed][i]sent 16,3 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:42 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:46:42 | [mlat][i]Stats 1194049/424
    2019-03-30 10:46:42 | [feed][i]sent 16,3 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:47 | [feed][i]sent 15,3 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:52 | [feed][i]sent 18,4 AC
    2019-03-30 10:46:58 | [feed][i]sent 17,4 AC
    2019-03-30 10:47:02 | [feed][i]removed 1 of 24 AC
    2019-03-30 10:47:02 | [mlat][i]Pinging the server
    2019-03-30 10:47:02 | [mlat][i]Stats 1194435/386
    2019-03-30 10:47:03 | [feed][i]sent 17,4 AC
    2019-03-30 10:47:08 | [feed][i]sent 17,4 AC
    2019-03-30 10:47:13 | [mlat][i]Received ADS-B time references AC:
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

  5. #45
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,828
    Any command like "fr24feed" or "fr24feed -foo" or "fr24feed --foo" will start a NEW instance of fr24feed.
    The systemd service has already started fr24feed.
    Why you have to start it again by any other command?

    To check status, use this command:
    Code:
    abcd@ubuntu-bionic:~$ sudo systemctl status fr24feed 
    
    [sudo] password for abcd:
    
    ● fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: active (running) since Sat 2019-03-30 03:38:00 EDT; 8min ago
     Main PID: 702 (fr24feed)
        Tasks: 10 (limit: 2318)
       CGroup: /system.slice/fr24feed.service
               └─702 /usr/bin/fr24feed
    
    Mar 30 03:38:00 ubuntu-bionic systemd[1]: Started Flightradar24 Decoder & Feeder.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-03-30 at 07:56.

  6. #46
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    229
    Perhaps that is indicative of the level in interest in pi support versus *any* other platform.

    My output was showing continuously connecting to...disconnecting from.. ttyUSB0 on that 10 to 15 second interval I have already mentioned.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Perhaps that is indicative of the level in interest in pi support versus *any* other platform.

    My output was showing continuously connecting to...disconnecting from.. ttyUSB0 on that 10 to 15 second interval I have already mentioned.
    10-15 seconds is possibly retry gaps, likely means port not available/taken.

    Just the same way people keep posting
    [quote]2016-01-26 22:20:05 | [reader][i]Connecting to Generic receiver via (exe://*dump1090* --raw)
    2016-01-26 22:20:05 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, authenticating
    2016-01-26 22:20:05 | [reader][i]Authenticated, processing messages
    2016-01-26 22:20:07 | [reader][i]Connection terminated[quote]

    Thats likely still you getting crashed/running service vs run on demand mixed up.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

  8. #48
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    838
    @stealth it looks for me like you are running multipe fr24feed.

    Which version of fr24feed did you install?
    Did you make an additional systemd service?

    To check how many fr24feed copies are running you can use this:

    pgrep fr24feed

    It should show only one number, if it is more than one that means means multiple instances are running and causing all kinds of problems.
    (For me it shows 514 as a result, which is the id number of the running program)

    I just checked and you can have 5 connections on the raw port. (with the 64 bit version)
    But it doesn't crash or anything if you try to use more connections.
    If you are using planefinder i believe it mirrors its input also so if you need more than 5 connections you could use that.
    Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-03-30 at 11:27.

  9. #49
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    My output was showing continuously connecting to...disconnecting from.. ttyUSB0 on that 10 to 15 second interval I have already mentioned.
    Add these two lines in your file /etc/fr24feed.ini

    use-http=yes
    http-timeout=20

  10. #50
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    @stealth it looks for me like you are running multipe fr24feed.

    Which version of fr24feed did you install?
    Did you make an additional systemd service?

    To check how many fr24feed copies are running you can use this:

    pgrep fr24feed

    It should show only one number, if it is more than one that means means multiple instances are running and causing all kinds of problems.
    (For me it shows 514 as a result, which is the id number of the running program)

    I just checked and you can have 5 connections on the raw port. (with the 64 bit version)
    But it doesn't crash or anything if you try to use more connections.
    If you are using planefinder i believe it mirrors its input also so if you need more than 5 connections you could use that.
    Well that confirmed that the auto start of fr24feed isn't working, as 'pgrep fr24feed' didn't return anything. The version of fr24feed is the current amd64 version from the Flightradar 24 web site.

    The installation process used was abcd's "Manual Configuration of FR24 Service....etc" although just having gone through the steps again I noted that in Step 6 after the first command 'sudo systemctl enable fr24feed', I don't get the text 'Created symlink /etc/.........'

    After a reboot and confirming with the pgrep command that no fr24feed is running, I entered 'sudo fr24feed' and its up and running, talking to ttyUSB0. 'reader' is not currently going through the connect/disconnect repeats.

    I'm not keen on introducing beast-splitter into the equation, thereby adding another variable at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •