No announcement yet.

Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps that is indicative of the level in interest in pi support versus *any* other platform.

My output was showing continuously connecting to...disconnecting from.. ttyUSB0 on that 10 to 15 second interval I have already mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
      Perhaps that is indicative of the level in interest in pi support versus *any* other platform.

My output was showing continuously connecting to...disconnecting from.. ttyUSB0 on that 10 to 15 second interval I have already mentioned.
      10-15 seconds is possibly retry gaps, likely means port not available/taken.

Just the same way people keep posting
      [quote]2016-01-26 22:20:05 | [reader][i]Connecting to Generic receiver via (exe://*dump1090* --raw)
      2016-01-26 22:20:05 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, authenticating
      2016-01-26 22:20:05 | [reader][i]Authenticated, processing messages
      2016-01-26 22:20:07 | [reader][i]Connection terminated[quote]

Thats likely still you getting crashed/running service vs run on demand mixed up.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@stealth it looks for me like you are running multipe fr24feed.

Which version of fr24feed did you install?
        Did you make an additional systemd service?

To check how many fr24feed copies are running you can use this:

pgrep fr24feed

It should show only one number, if it is more than one that means means multiple instances are running and causing all kinds of problems.
        (For me it shows 514 as a result, which is the id number of the running program)

I just checked and you can have 5 connections on the raw port. (with the 64 bit version)
        But it doesn't crash or anything if you try to use more connections.
        If you are using planefinder i believe it mirrors its input also so if you need more than 5 connections you could use that.
        Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-03-30, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
          Add these two lines in your file /etc/fr24feed.ini

use-http=yes
          http-timeout=20

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
            @stealth it looks for me like you are running multipe fr24feed.

Which version of fr24feed did you install?
            Did you make an additional systemd service?

To check how many fr24feed copies are running you can use this:

pgrep fr24feed

It should show only one number, if it is more than one that means means multiple instances are running and causing all kinds of problems.
            (For me it shows 514 as a result, which is the id number of the running program)

I just checked and you can have 5 connections on the raw port. (with the 64 bit version)
            But it doesn't crash or anything if you try to use more connections.
            If you are using planefinder i believe it mirrors its input also so if you need more than 5 connections you could use that.
            Well that confirmed that the auto start of fr24feed isn't working, as 'pgrep fr24feed' didn't return anything. The version of fr24feed is the current amd64 version from the Flightradar 24 web site.

The installation process used was abcd's "Manual Configuration of FR24 Service....etc" although just having gone through the steps again I noted that in Step 6 after the first command 'sudo systemctl enable fr24feed', I don't get the text 'Created symlink /etc/.........'

After a reboot and confirming with the pgrep command that no fr24feed is running, I entered 'sudo fr24feed' and its up and running, talking to ttyUSB0. 'reader' is not currently going through the connect/disconnect repeats.

I'm not keen on introducing beast-splitter into the equation, thereby adding another variable at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
              Add these two lines in your file /etc/fr24feed.ini

use-http=yes
              http-timeout=20
              Added to the .ini

Comment

Planeplotter is also now running (Planefinder auto starts) and the fr24feed trace is still devoid of connect/disconnect repeats.

My best guess is that using various bits of info from different sources in the set up has created a conflict/issue.

Comment

@Stealth

please show the output of:

cat /lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service

and

sudo journalctl -u fr24feed --no-pager

Maybe something got mixed up putting stuff into the service file.

Getting the service file to work now should be rather easy
                  Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-03-30, 13:12.

Comment

@Stealth

please show the output of:

and

Maybe something got mixed up putting stuff into the service file.

Getting the service file to work now should be rather easy
                    [Unit]
                    Description=Flightradar24 Feeder
                    After=network-online.target

[Service]
                    Type=simple
                    Restart=always
                    LimitCORE=infinity
                    RuntimeDirectory=fr24feed
                    RuntimeDirectoryMode=0755
                    ExecStart=/user/bin/fr24feed
                    User=fr24
                    PermissionsStartOnly=true
                    StandardOutput=null

[Install]
                    WantedBy=multi-user.target

Logs begin at Thu 2019-03-28 14:33:41 AWST, end at Sat 2019-03-30 21:41:34 AWST. --
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Started Flightradar24 Feeder.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1148]: fr24feed.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directory
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1148]: fr24feed.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /user/bin/fr24feedUser=fr24: No such file or directory
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Feeder.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: Started Flightradar24 Feeder.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1155]: fr24feed.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or directory
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1155]: fr24feed.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /user/bin/fr24feedUser=fr24: No such file or directory
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
                    Mar 29 09:27:42 ian-Aspire-R3-131T systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.
                    >SNIP<

Comment

Yeah seems you didn't copy fr24feed to /usr/bin/
                      Go to the directory where fr24feed was extracted to, the copy it to /usr/bin:

sudo cp fr24feed /usr/bin
                      sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

The automatic start should work now, but you will need the udev rule as well otherwise there will be permission issues.
                      You could also just change the service so that it executes fr24feed as root, then you don't need the udev rules

Comment

Seems wiedehopf is right, the servis does not find extracted binary fr24feed in folder /usr/bin

Also, just deleting the line User=fr24 from service file will make fr24feed to be started by root.

Alternatively instead of deleting you can commenting out by placing # at start, i.e.

#User=fr24

Comment

To check that the binary fr24feed (which was extracted from downloaded file "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz") was copied to folder /usr/bin/:

Code:
                          [B][COLOR="#00CC00"]abcd@ubuntu-bionic[/COLOR]:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/fr24feed[/B]

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 710144 Mar 26 04:38 [COLOR="#00CC00"][B]/usr/bin/fr24feed[/B][/COLOR]

To check if symlink was created by command "sudo systemctl enable fr24feed"
                          Code:
                          [B][COLOR="#00CC00"]abcd@ubuntu-bionic[/COLOR]:~$ ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/fr24feed.service[/B]

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Mar 26 04:40 [B][COLOR="#00CCCC"]/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/fr24feed.service[/COLOR][/B] -> /lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service

Comment

Yeah seems you didn't copy fr24feed to /usr/bin/
                            Go to the directory where fr24feed was extracted to, the copy it to /usr/bin:

sudo cp fr24feed /usr/bin
                            sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

The automatic start should work now, but you will need the udev rule as well otherwise there will be permission issues.
                            You could also just change the service so that it executes fr24feed as root, then you don't need the udev rules
                            That was the conclusion I came to, but I had checked it was present yesterday and again this morning. However I have reentered the cp command and its definitely there:
                            <SNIP>
                            foo2zjs psfaddtable
                            foo2zjs-icc2ps psfgettable
                            foo2zjs-pstops psfstriptable
                            foo2zjs-wrapper psfxtable
                            foomatic-rip psicc
                            fr24feed psidtopgm
                            free pslog
                            from pstopnm
                            fstopgm pstree
                            ftp pstree.x11
                            <SNIP>

The systemctl commend does not start the feeder. I have rebooted twice and checked.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                              To check that the binary fr24feed (which was extracted from downloaded file "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz") was copied to folder /usr/bin/:

Code:
                              [B][COLOR="#00CC00"]abcd@ubuntu-bionic[/COLOR]:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/fr24feed[/B]

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 710144 Mar 26 04:38 [COLOR="#00CC00"][B]/usr/bin/fr24feed[/B][/COLOR]

To check if symlink was created by command "sudo systemctl enable fr24feed"
                              Code:
                              [B][COLOR="#00CC00"]abcd@ubuntu-bionic[/COLOR]:~$ ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/fr24feed.service[/B]

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Mar 26 04:40 [B][COLOR="#00CCCC"]/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/fr24feed.service[/COLOR][/B] -> /lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service
                              Entering those commands gives exactly the same output as you show (bar the date and time of course).

Comment

Found the problem.

There is a typo in the service file:
                                ExecStart=/user/bin/fr24feed

needs to be
                                ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed

(spot the extra e)

Did the copy paste not work?
                                (If Ctrl-V doesn't work in the linux terminal you can try either a middle click or Ctrl-Shift-V)
                                Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-03-30, 23:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X