Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
    Maybe in the Zadig drop down menu actually select the USB stick instead of the "bulk interface"?
    This is all that I have in Zadig:

8.jpg

Comment

• Unplug the dongle so you know which one of those 6 it is.

Is that with the virtual machine on or off?
      Might also be that it's assigned to the virtual machine and not displaying for zadig.

I'm confused anyway are you trying to use the dongle in the virtual machine or in Windows?
      You can't use it twice at once.

Comment

Unplug the dongle so you know which one of those 6 it is.

Might also be that it's assigned to the virtual machine and not displaying for zadig.

I'm confused anyway are you trying to use the dongle in the virtual machine or in Windows?
        Cause posting replies to 3 different people with different answers is so much easier on us

From the jist of it I got.. and in no particular order.

Use to run windows feeder.
        Trying to switch to VM

Works for a period, then the stick goes offline.
        - but for some reason did a total reinstall and made more posts that looks like broken raspian instead
        - later turned into 'my stick doesnt work at all - see image' - (but may not be at-all) still not sure if rasbpian is back in working order

To me, it screamed of wedging or a fault with the comms between host and VM

So my latest suggestion, was run dump1090 under win and see if the stick goes offline to the host too. To rule out the VM. As I suspect it may.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Yeah running dump1090 in windows and connecting to that with the linux feeder seems like the best idea.

But explaining that ... no i give up

Comment

• In the drop-down of screenshot below, remove checkmark from:

"Ignore Hubs or Composite Parents"

Then see if your dongle is listed as RTL2838UHIDIR (dongle with infra-red controller). Generic dongles have a remote controller which works on infra-red

USB-2-0-Blue-TV-Stick-DAB-FM-DVB-T-RTL2832-R820T-SDR-RTL-SDR-Dongle.jpg_640x640.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
              In the drop-down of screenshot below, remove checkmark from:

"Ignore Hubs or Composite Parents"

Then see if your dongle is listed as RTL2838UHIDIR (dongle with infra-red controller). Generic dongles have a remote controller which works on infra-red

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10896[/ATTACH]
              You mentioned a significant point! I did what you said & this is result:

9.jpg

Comment

Unplug the dongle so you know which one of those 6 it is.

When I run zadig, the VM is off. I use either Windows or VM every time and it is not used at the same time in windows & VM.

Comment

• Originally posted by arash View Post
                  You mentioned a significant point! I did what you said & this is result:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10898[/ATTACH]
                  Yes, "Composite Parent" means DVBT+its integral infrared receiver for the remote control. After selecting this option, update its driver. Hopefully it will start working for Windows/VM.

Comment

Edit: I'll just leave my post here in case he checks this thread instead of the one you moved his post to Oblivian.
                    I don't think there is any notification on this forum so people don't find the answers to their own posts.
                    There is, but the number of times I've seen disposable EMails used (and unsure if moderated and later approved like this was send them) some users aren't helping themselves
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Do I need the Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack and PuTTY if I am connecting to Basestation via network?
                      Last edited by tanhy; 2019-07-27, 20:36.

Comment

• Dear All

Is it possible to feed date to multiple sites with windows & VM configuration?

for example feed flightware or radarbox24 with flightradar 24?

I found this guide but I Don't know how to use it!

Comment

• Originally posted by arash View Post
                          I found this guide but I Don't know how to use it!

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...A-Brief-Guide=
                          This guide is fo Raspberry Pi (armv7 / armv8). It does not apply to VM on Windows which runs on x86_x64 or i386, or i686 machines.

Originally posted by arash View Post
                          Dear All

Is it possible to feed date to multiple sites with windows & VM configuration?

for example feed flightware or radarbox24 with flightradar 24?
                          • dump1090-fa: yes, but you will havd to build it from source code.
                          • dump1090-mutability: on debian buster, can be installed by "sudo apt-get install dump1090-mutability". On other distros like ubuntu etc, you will have to build it from source code.
                          • fr24feed: binary avaiable, you have to create necessary config & service files yourself, (Click here)
                          • piaware: you have to build it from source code
                          • rb24feed: no, they dont have feeder for x86_x64 or i386. They have only for Pi (armv7 / armv8)

Comment

• Running into a strange problem

As my pi was constant at high CPU I decided to follow the instruction on https://github.com/abcd567a/fr24feed...ster/README.md
                            Run all the code and included the key in the ini as instructed on a 'old' desktop running a clean install of
                            PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
                            NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
                            VERSION_ID="10"
                            VERSION="10 (buster)"

Code:
                            receiver="beast-tcp"
                            host="127.0.0.1:30005"
                            fr24key="<removed>"

bs="no"
                            raw="no"
                            logmode="1"
                            logpath="/var/log/fr24feed/"
                            windowmode="0"
                            mpx="no"
                            mlat="no"
                            mlat-without-gps="no"
                            use-http=yes
                            http-timeout=20
                            Code:
                            ● fr24feed.service - Flightradar24 Feeder
                            Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/fr24feed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
                            Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-08-14 23:42:47 CEST; 25s ago
                            Process: 758 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/log/fr24feed (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                            Process: 759 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown fr24 /var/log/fr24feed (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                            Process: 760 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fr24feed (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
                            Main PID: 760 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Aug 14 23:42:47 FlightHost systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
                            Aug 14 23:42:47 FlightHost systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
                            Aug 14 23:42:47 FlightHost systemd[1]: Stopped Flightradar24 Feeder.
                            Aug 14 23:42:47 FlightHost systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
                            Aug 14 23:42:47 FlightHost systemd[1]: fr24feed.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
                            Aug 14 23:42:47 FlightHost systemd[1]: Failed to start Flightradar24 Feeder.
                            have tried the hint to comment out the user fr24 to run as root - but also without any luck

Not being a linux guru - did some decent seeking around but, have not been able to find the solution
                            There is a lot of talk when searching about adding #!/bin/bash at the top of the .service file
                            but as said, not confident enough if that is the right way to go.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Oldertarl; 2020-08-14, 22:16.

Comment

• Which decoder (dump1090-mutability / dump1090-fa) you have installed?

Please post the output of following command

Code:
                              fr24feed

Comment

• Code:
                                -bash: /usr/bin/fr24feed: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
                                and I am running dump1090-fa only
                                installed with (3) For Debian 9 & 10 and Ubuntu 18 & 19 (dump1090-fa)
                                sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abcd567a/fr24feed-debian-ubuntu-amd64/master/install-dump1090-fa.sh)"

Not sure if it matters, but when runing fr24feed with sudo I get the below
                                Code:
                                pi@FlightHost:~$ sudo fr24feed
                                /usr/bin/fr24feed: 1: /usr/bin/fr24feed: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Comment

Working...
                                X