Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows Setup/Feed Migration (virtualVM) Assistance

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Since switching to feeding from linux I've noted an event occurring from time to time. 'Mystats' page shows me as online, but not feeding data. It happened today and availability time line actually shows me off-line for about 20 minutes. When I check the feeder log, it appears to be feeding OK, but on closer inspection it is showing: [feed] sent 0 filtered 20 AC (actual number varies). Rather than restart the feeder I reboot the system and all returns to normal. Does FR24 issue some sort of 'throttle' command and why is there the online/offline contradiction. Reason I ask for input is mainly because I don't recall any issues when running with Windows.
    Problem went away after about a week. Now my positions/reports have suddenly increased. Not that I'm bothered about that.

Flight attendant
    Hi Guys,

I'm also affected by this move and being the second largest data feeder in Costa Rica, I feel I am obliged to continue feeding. FR24 support hasn't gotten back to me about sending a Raspberry Pi so I will have to do with what I have.

I used to feed with a Kinetic SBS-1er and the Windows feeder. I have an extra backup receiver (a Kinetic SDR Puck) which also came with a BeagleBone Black which I am currently not using and I believe is similar to a Pi.

I read through the Linux Virtual Machine tutorial and I believe this is the easiest way to get back online but the guide is not very comprehensive and my computer skills are good but I have no idea on how to go through with Linux.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I haven't been able to get past the version of Linux I have to install on the VM.

Any other suggestions I'd really appreciate.

Thanks!
    Tomas.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascubero View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm also affected by this move and being the second largest data feeder in Costa Rica, I feel I am obliged to continue feeding. FR24 support hasn't gotten back to me about sending a Raspberry Pi so I will have to do with what I have.

I used to feed with a Kinetic SBS-1er and the Windows feeder. I have an extra backup receiver (a Kinetic SDR Puck) which also came with a BeagleBone Black which I am currently not using and I believe is similar to a Pi.

I read through the Linux Virtual Machine tutorial and I believe this is the easiest way to get back online but the guide is not very comprehensive and my computer skills are good but I have no idea on how to go through with Linux.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I haven't been able to get past the version of Linux I have to install on the VM.

Any other suggestions I'd really appreciate.

Thanks!
    Tomas.
    Yes, the beaglebone comes with basic linux. So if you can work out how to remote SSH it, you can run a FR24 install and be up in minutes

I haven't been able to get past the version of Linux I have to install on the VM.
    This is the operating system/linux download mentioned in his guide.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/download...ry-pi-desktop/

The virtual machine installed prior, can open the iso directly as an operating system-inside an operating system.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Yes, the beaglebone comes with basic linux. So if you can work out how to remote SSH it, you can run a FR24 install and be up in minutes

This is the operating system/linux download mentioned in his guide.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/download...ry-pi-desktop/

The virtual machine installed prior, can open the iso directly as an operating system-inside an operating system.
    Thanks Oblivian,

I managed to find this guide which I am currently working on right now:

https://thepi.io/how-to-run-raspberr...dows-or-macos/

Let me know if I am going on the right direction here. My goal is to not have to use the beaglebone and rather dump using 1090dump I believe its called directly from the Kinetic SBS-1er to the Linux feeder so I don't have to plug new stuff in and have the VM running in the background always which I am fine with.

Thanks again for the help!
    Tomas.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tomascubero View Post
    Thanks Oblivian,

I managed to find this guide which I am currently working on right now:

https://thepi.io/how-to-run-raspberr...dows-or-macos/

Let me know if I am going on the right direction here. My goal is to not have to use the beaglebone and rather dump using 1090dump I believe its called directly from the Kinetic SBS-1er to the Linux feeder so I don't have to plug new stuff in and have the VM running in the background always which I am fine with.

Thanks again for the help!
    Tomas.
    That should do it. It's just a more detailed mid-step for getting Oracle VM up.

Don't worry about the Dump1090 steps. It's NOT used for non USB-TV stick devices like the SBS.

The only concern becomes if the data is readable from the SBSx as no users have confirmed the .deb version of fr24feed works with them yet

From there. You run a SSH (dos like window) and install FR24feed using the rest of ABCDs instructions
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Flight attendant
    That should do it. It's just a more detailed mid-step for getting Oracle VM up.

Don't worry about the Dump1090 steps. It's NOT used for non USB-TV stick devices like the SBS.

The only concern becomes if the data is readable from the SBSx as no users have confirmed the .deb version of fr24feed works with them yet

From there. You run a SSH (dos like window) and install FR24feed using the rest of ABCDs instructions
    Ok copy that! The Linux/Rasberry Pi OS is running so now its on to the feeder steps. I'll reply again if I get stuck. Thanks for helping me.

Tomas.

Flight attendant
    Oh one more thing,

The two guides I've been using are from this post:

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...windows-feeder

Which should I follow, Option 1 or 2?

OPTION-1:
    Installing fr24feed Using Linux Binary "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz"
    CLICK HERE

OPTION-2:
    Installing fr24feed Using debian package "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb"

Super Moderator
    .deb

raspbian stretch is built around debian.

Flight attendant
    .deb

raspbian stretch is built around debian.
    Great thanks!

Flight attendant
    I am using a DVB-T, so I copied my file which is below. Your file may differ depending on your receiver.
    I then deletes lines in red and inserted lines in green.
    Code:
    receiver="dvbt"
    receiver="beast-tcp"

fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

path="mr-dump1090.exe"
    host="127.0.0.1:30005"

bs="no"
    raw="no"
    logmode="0"
    procargs="--net --gain -10 --lat 43.5xxx --lon -79.6xxx"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"
    use-http=yes
    http-timeout=20

This is the contents of my fr24feed.ini file in Windows:

receiver="basestation"
    fr24key="left blank purposely"
    host="localhost:30006"
    bs="no"
    raw="yes"
    logmode="1"
    windowmode="1"
    mpx="no"
    mlat="yes"
    mlat-without-gps="yes"

They differ from the guide... are they ok or should I add or modify the different lines. I am concerned on the host= line as I think that has to change from localhost to 127.0.0.1

Let me know!
    Thanks.