Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not tried it (dont have Win10, have Win8.1), but Windows10 allows installation of Linux, which means it is not restricted to Ubuntu only. However the distros which can be installed should be one of those available in Microsoft Store, and Raspbian is not listed, so it cannot be installed.

Install Windows Subsystem for Linux with the command, wsl --install. Use a Bash terminal on your Windows machine run by your preferred Linux distribution - Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, Kali, Fedora, Pengwin, Alpine, and more are available.

Linux Distributions available in Microsoft Store:
    • Ubuntu
    • OpenSUSE
    • SLES
    • Kali Linux
    • Debian GNU/Linux

As Raspbian is not available in Microsoft Store, install Debian which is lighter than Ubuntu. Also Respian is a derivative of Debian, hence it is closer to Debian than to Ubuntu.
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-29, 20:09.

Comment

To build a custom distro such as "Raspbian Desktop" for installation on Win10:

Learn how to create a custom Linux distribution for Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Comment

UDEV (needed for USB nodes etc) is also somewhat crippled in the implementation without some work to fix.. not exactly as straight forward as heres an ISO.. virtual OS -go!.

Then of course is the old .deb version limitation
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Dear abcd567

I can't find the previous topics.I think we were on page 7.

Comment

Originally posted by arash View Post
            Dear abcd567

I can't find the previous topics.I think we were on page 7.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

I created a Debian VM on my windows machine as abcd567 described (thanks for that). I have problem with NTP tyme sync after return from sleeping. NTP service stopped and never restart again (until i do it manually).

Comment

NEW THREAD:

Automated Install of FR24 Feeder on Debian & Ubuntu amd64 on Intel 64bit Computer

Comment

May pay to mention the included version differences (like forced to very old 18-5 for x64 due dropped support - and .deb / armh not compatible ) and what dump1090 is included
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    May pay to mention the included version differences (like forced to very old 18-5 for x64 due dropped support - and .deb / armh not compatible ) and what dump1090 is included
                    Thanks for the advise. Done.

In green (version) and in blue (dump1090)

Comment

If you are somewhere where there is already coverage the flight data aggregation sites like FR24 and FA are better off without you feeding them Basestation format.
                      FA doesn't even allow using Basestation format.

Comment

Yeah, I have a complete setup kit with a Beaglebone Black. I am just going to set it all up, independent from my 2010 setup which I can keep for local data, just to feed to the sites. Is there any way I could contact any of you guys directly if I would need help setting that up? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

BeagleBone BLACK
                          Processor:
                          TI AM3358 Sitara™ Processor, Based on ARM Cortex-A8 processor, Implements ARMv7-A 32-bit ISA

Recommended OS :
                          Debian 9.9 (Stretch) based.
                          Download the latest firmware for your Beagle Boards.

Above should make feeder installation process/software same as that for RPi.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                            BeagleBone BLACK.
                            Ok, so after a long day I installed a new antenna and managed to get the BeagleBone Black online with the latest debian etc, etc. When I first plugged it in, it was setup to get data from a Kinetic 1090 Puck and feed to Planefinder, it was working as I could see aircraft tracked on the list and being sent. I decided to flash it to a fresh version and get started from scratch. I chose to install PiAware first to see how it worked and 1090dump-fa and all was installed. PiAware site is online but, its not getting any data from the Puck so I know there is something missing, namely dump1090-fa getting data from the Puck. I know I am missing a step so if you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Comment

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

and I'm not sure if you missed it earlier but flight aware does not support base station format.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                does not support base station format.
                                Ok, so to get it straight, ditch the Puck and get a DVB-T dongle (can you recommend one?) and attach that to the Beaglebone and then try again? Something that works for everyone (FR24, FA, PF, ADSBEx, etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X