Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww bugger them then. I'm going back to RTL190. It's got better range anyway.

Comment

I've received the notification about deactivation on 7 may.
      Thank You FR24!

Comment

Well, FR24 - thank you!
        You buried yourself.

I gave you feed during the last 5 years 24/7.
        How much you earned on advertising broadcasting data from such as I enthusiasts who gave you the data for free and only occasionally using the privileges of a business account. Not enough for you?
        Instead of fixing the customer under win decided to go the other way? Good luck!

I have an unaffected Raspberry PI that I could set up to broadcast to you. But at the moment there is no time, nor what is most important - desire, as you put a large community in front of the fact - we do not need you anymore.
        You have forgotten the basis that this resource has generated in the first place the community, a large part of which You just left behind.
        Moreover, none of the users of win did not keep the machine 27/7 only for broadcasting on FR24, and used the resources in parallel and for other tasks, I doubt that all rush to move to other platforms at the expense of other interests.
        I perfectly understand, that I only a drop in sea and my opinion little whom interested in, but it has the right on existence.
        Maybe someday I will be angry because of this attitude (and I'm not quite a young man and there is not teenage hormones), I calm down and I will be broadcast on a different platform or hardware, possible I got one of these, but again, dramatically fell off the desire.
        Russia. T-UUDD3, T-UUMO31
        Thank You and good Luck!

Comment

I understand the sentiments.

It's a bit like the UK government planning to scrap the one and two penny coins. The use of cash is reducing as more people use cards and contactless payments. Scrapping the one and two penny coins made economic sense, a "no-brainer". But.

The collateral damage was too risky and might upset too many voters, especially for a weakened political party. So, despite all the justifiable reasons, the government decided to retain the coins.

If I were in charge at FR24, which obviously I'm not, I'd have fixed whatever problems were associated with the Windows feeder and kept it as an option. Sometimes the PR value is worth the effort. .
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Guessing the 14th will see a spike. 7 days after no upload people who upload blind accts for premium only will downgrade and trigger.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
              Well, FR24 - thank you!
              You buried yourself.

I gave you feed during the last 5 years 24/7.
              How much you earned on advertising broadcasting data from such as I enthusiasts who gave you the data for free and only occasionally using the privileges of a business account. Not enough for you?...

...Russia. T-UUDD3, T-UUMO31
              Thank You and good Luck!
              Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ncredibly-easy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackL View Post
                Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ncredibly-easy!!!
                thumb-single.jpg thumb-single.jpg thumb-single.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JackL View Post
                  Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                    Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.
                    My final windows feeder went down just last night. They have been sending me emails for about a month that is why I had a PI waiting in a pile. I am really loving the new setup, BTW. Two I have going have been up continuously since installed with no reboot or crash yet feeding three different tracking services!!

Comment

Hi,after being switched off/downgraded to basic for the last 2 days my status has now gone back to "Business " even though im not feeding in anymore.
                      Could this be a glitch of have they changed their minds ????
                      Your thoughts please

Comment

Very bad idea from FR to reject data sharing from FR24Feed under Windows ... it seems that the reason is that only 5 % using the Windows application to share their data ... and what about Mac users and Linux users ? I think that it is less than 5 % ...

I was using an old PC portable under Win 7 ... and it was work well ...

By my side ... if I lost my access privilege to FR site ... I disagree to buy a Raspery and all accesories to continue to share ... and of course to pay 500 $

Comment

Originally posted by ON7ER View Post
                          I was using an old PC portable under Win 7 ... and it was work well ...

By my side ... if I lost my access privilege to FR site ... I disagree to buy a Raspery and all accesories to continue to share ... and of course to pay 500 $
                          If you dont want to buy a Pi, you can still feed from your Win7 computer.

Feed options for depreciated windows feeder

The RPi and accessories dont cost $500, it costs around $50. Some good reads for information are post #9 and post #24 of this thread
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-14, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by planespotter View Post
                            Hi,after being switched off/downgraded to basic for the last 2 days my status has now gone back to "Business " even though im not feeding in anymore.
                            Could this be a glitch of have they changed their minds ????
                            Your thoughts please
                            look at the last upload date on "my data sharing" page!
                            we got another 3 months for free? IS this right or just something wrong?
                            Last edited by mlat21; 2019-05-15, 02:21.

Comment

Perhaps time to allow email notification attempts to go out

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes thats correct

RADAR STATUS LAST UPLOAD (5MIN) SHARING KEY SHOW STATISTICS
                                T-EGGW35 Offline 2019-08-14 09:00:00

Comment

Working...
                                X