Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

Thread: Windows feeder discontinued 7-May-19

  1. #81
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    Well, FR24 - thank you!
    You buried yourself.

    I gave you feed during the last 5 years 24/7.
    How much you earned on advertising broadcasting data from such as I enthusiasts who gave you the data for free and only occasionally using the privileges of a business account. Not enough for you?...

    ...Russia. T-UUDD3, T-UUMO31
    Thank You and good Luck!
    Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!

    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ncredibly-easy!!!

  2. #82
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by JackL View Post
    Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!

    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ncredibly-easy!!!
    thumb-single.jpg thumb-single.jpg thumb-single.jpg

  3. #83
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JackL View Post
    Please read my post linked below. I was going to quit also but the move was an amazing step forward for me. Even if you don't feed FR24 any longer, install Dump1090-1.15~dev on a PI and just feed FA and adsbexchange if you are really still mad after you get it working!
    Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.

  4. #84
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    Before writing, I read a lot of branches and on the fr24 forum (including your posts) and on adjacent concerning shutdown of feeders for windows of clients. Again, I have no problem with switching to another hardware (Raspberry PI) or installing and configuring software (*nix on PC) and if desired, I can find a way out. The question is in the absence of any desire, after FR24 just put us before the fact. For example, I did not even receive a notification in advance in the mail, I tried for a long time to understand why everything works locally (the analogue of FR24 only from my feed), but the data does not go to FR24.
    My final windows feeder went down just last night. They have been sending me emails for about a month that is why I had a PI waiting in a pile. I am really loving the new setup, BTW. Two I have going have been up continuously since installed with no reboot or crash yet feeding three different tracking services!!

  5. #85
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    14
    Hi,after being switched off/downgraded to basic for the last 2 days my status has now gone back to "Business " even though im not feeding in anymore.
    Could this be a glitch of have they changed their minds ????
    Your thoughts please

  6. #86
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1
    Very bad idea from FR to reject data sharing from FR24Feed under Windows ... it seems that the reason is that only 5 % using the Windows application to share their data ... and what about Mac users and Linux users ? I think that it is less than 5 % ...

    I was using an old PC portable under Win 7 ... and it was work well ...

    By my side ... if I lost my access privilege to FR site ... I disagree to buy a Raspery and all accesories to continue to share ... and of course to pay 500 $

  7. #87
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by ON7ER View Post
    I was using an old PC portable under Win 7 ... and it was work well ...

    By my side ... if I lost my access privilege to FR site ... I disagree to buy a Raspery and all accesories to continue to share ... and of course to pay 500 $
    If you dont want to buy a Pi, you can still feed from your Win7 computer.

    Feed options for depreciated windows feeder


    The RPi and accessories dont cost $500, it costs around $50. Some good reads for information are post #9 and post #24 of this thread
    .
    Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-14 at 21:50.

  8. #88
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by planespotter View Post
    Hi,after being switched off/downgraded to basic for the last 2 days my status has now gone back to "Business " even though im not feeding in anymore.
    Could this be a glitch of have they changed their minds ????
    Your thoughts please
    look at the last upload date on "my data sharing" page!
    we got another 3 months for free? IS this right or just something wrong?
    Last edited by mlat21; 2019-05-15 at 02:21.

  9. #89
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,052
    Perhaps time to allow email notification attempts to go out

    Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

  10. #90
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    14
    Yes thats correct

    RADAR STATUS LAST UPLOAD (5MIN) SHARING KEY SHOW STATISTICS
    T-EGGW35 Offline 2019-08-14 09:00:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •