Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom alerts very delayed or not working at all on Android

Hi,
    I'm using the android app and I'm a silver member.
    This is running on a Google Pixel 2 and a Fire HD 10

I have set up custom alerts for certain aircraft types to alert me when they are in my area.

99% of the time the alert comes after the plane has left the area or doesn't alert at all.

I've raised 2 support tickets about this neither of them were replied to.

I got a survey request email once and replied about this and got a response that way.
    They said reinstall the app and re-create the alerts.

The problem is that this occurs on 2 separate android devices so it can't be the installation.

Surely I can't be the only one with this problem? I've limited it to just to 1 custom alert A330-300 in my area:

Screenshot_20190306-202649.jpg

I'm now resorting to creating my own ADSB receiver and alerting software.

Does nobody else have issues with custom alerts on the app? I'm finding that hard to believe, considering it happens with 2 devices.
    I've tried disabling battery saving and allowing unlimited data access for the application but this changes nothing.
    I set it up to alert on B738 as they fly over several times an hour in the map above, and yep they are all delayed.

I'm also not too impressed with support just ignoring me on this issue either.

Comment

Originally posted by xnomad View Post
      Does nobody else have issues with custom alerts on the app? I'm finding that hard to believe, considering it happens with 2 devices.
      Yes, I think something in Android is killing the background service. If you open the App, close it, it will work for awhile, then stops working again.

This is with 8, 5.1 seems to be stable and working. Had to get rid of my 5.1 phones, the batteries started to swell and I don't like fires

Old iPhone 5 on WiFi only, just hums along month after month, probably only reason I still have it plugged in on my desk.

The issue with Android is there are too many different versions and they all like to do their own things. Apple is Apple, there really only 1 OS.

Comment

I am also having problems with customs alerts .I have a few different aircraft types set up for my local area and haven't received an alert in over a week from any of them ,I can see on the website that the have landed at my local airport in the past 7 days .The customs alert function was always hit and miss but I always received an alert even if it was late.I am using an android phone with the latest version installed but haven't updated in a few months so that's not causing the problem.

Comment

Not working for me on any device and FLR24 hasn't responded to me. Only alerts that work are registration. Any custom alert is useless. Putting "PC12" as a rule for anytime they fly through an area does NOT work. Really disappointed.

Comment

Working...
          X