X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look again. It's even in his post.

18-5 as it is the only supported x64

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

As I understand it, the .Debs are bundled. Setup to require 32b dependancies and has the WRONG dump1090 scripting bundle with it.

For that reason all portions need to be done manually/individually or throw errors.

There is no smooth automation. Only tested working guides, as a step by step is out of date almost every associated file version change

The easiest way if feeding is important, is get a dedicated pi which fr24 support and continue to develop for.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Look again. It's even in his post.

18-5 as it is the only supported x64
        I did look, but I am surprised why he installed again now 1.0.18-5 and said "success".
        In his linked instruction https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post116967 there was also installed 1.0.18-5 with success half a year ago.
        I do not understand what new he wanted to show/test now.

Could you please clarify what you mean what is new now abcd567?

Comment

Hes confirmed apt install dump1090. Because the reported the issues with the manual 1.15-mutability

Comment

mensa:

There is currently no fr24feed for linux x64 x86 other than 1.0.18-5.

Installing fr24feed Using Linux Binary "fr24feed_1.0.18-5_amd64.tgz".

If you want version 1.0.24-4, forget about x64 x86 machines. Buy a RPi and install version 1.0.24-4

Comment

The new thing now is that one and a half year ago Stretch was latest and the methods described worked on Debian Stretch.

Now the current version is Buster, and many methods of Stretch fail on Buster, such as using armhf binary by adding architecture armhf to dpkg.

Comment

No need for newest version, I just want to run it on an existing debian linux x64 machine

I followed your instructions exactly, but I have 2 problems. dump1090 seems not to run. That is displayed on the website:

Problem fetching data from dump1090.
                AJAX call failed (error: Not Found). Maybe dump1090 is no longer running?
                The displayed map data will be out of date.

How can I fix that?

The other problem is just a question. How exactly should /etc/fr24feed.ini look like?

I know port is 30005, but what is the correct value for receiver if I use a DVB-T stick?

Code:
                receiver="avr-tcp"^M
                fr24key="f3661290418cdd31"^M
                host="127.0.0.1:30005"^M
                bs="no"^M
                raw="no"^M
                logmode="0"^M
                mlat="no"^M
                mlat-without-gps="no"^M

Comment

If you are using dump1090, use beast-tcp like this:

Code:
                  receiver="beast-tcp"
                  fr24key="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
                  host="127.0.0.1:30005"
                  bs="no"
                  raw="no"
                  Are you running dump1090 or dump1090-fa?
                  For dump1090-fa it's /dump1090-fa and not /dump1090.

Comment

Thank you, I followed exactly that steps here: https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post128481
                    Which dump1090 am I using do you think?
                    And why do I get the error?

The displayed map data will be out of date.

Comment

For solving above problem, use following 2 commands:

Code:
                      sudo wget -O /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/osmocom/rtl-sdr/master/rtl-sdr.rules" 

sudo reboot
                      To find version of dump1090-mutability, please issue following command and post output:
                      Code:
                      apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability
                      Alternative method: Check the dump1090 map in browser. What do you see at top right just below the clock "Last Update"?

Screenshot_20191015-164641_Samsung Internet.jpg
                      Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-15, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                        Code:
                        sudo wget -O /etc/udev/rules.d/rtl-sdr.rules "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/osmocom/rtl-sdr/master/rtl-sdr.rules" 

sudo reboot
                        Thank you, but this did not change anything. Still the same error.
                        Version of Dump1090 on website: Unknown version:

Output of apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability:
                        Code:
                        root@fr24:~# apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability
                        dump1090-mutability:
                          Installed: (none)
                          Candidate: 1.15~20180310.4a16df3+dfsg-6
                          Version table:
                             1.15~20180310.4a16df3+dfsg-6 500
                                500 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
                        Any idea what else I could try?

Code:
                        root@fr24:~# ps -ef | grep fr24
                        root       357     1  0 08:02 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/fr24feed -- --monitor-file=/dev/shm/fr24feed.txt --write-pid=/var/run/fr24feed.pid --quiet
                        root       396   357  5 08:02 ?        00:00:16 /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 --raw
                        root       519   503  0 08:07 pts/0    00:00:00 grep fr24

Comment

(1) The dump1090-mutability v1.15 did not get installed
                          (2) Map is served by the files in folder/usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html. This folder is left-over from previous install

Do following:

Code:
                          sudo dpkg --purge dump1090-mutability

sudo rm -rf /usr/share/dump1090-mutability

sudo apt-get install lighttpd 

sudo apt-get install dump1090-mutability

sudo reboot

sudo apt-cache policy dump1090-mutability
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-16, 06:45.

Comment

Thank you very much, this looks better now for dump1090! That's on a Debian 10 test machine now.

But what menas EB_VERSION?

I can see planes on dump1090 map website now, but it seems as if fr24feed is not working correctly anymore now:

Comment

Go to Settings page in your browser at following address

Make settings of "Receiver" and "Host/IP" as shown in the screenshot below.

After changing setting, click Save button then Restart button.
                              Both these buttons are at bottom-right of settings page.

fr24feed setting BEAST-TCP using dump1090-fa or dump1090-mut v1.15.png
                              Last edited by abcd567; 2019-10-16, 08:22.

Comment

Thank you very much! Both FR24 and Dump1090 is working now.
                                Could you please explain to me, how I could now switch to use Dump1090-fa cause it would be more up-to-date and still is maintained, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X