Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mil aircraft

Hello folks,

just registered as a member here on FR24.com. Wondering bout buying the latest 3D Airnav stuff as i m very interested in mil aviation which (except some mil planes) are not shown here on FR24.com. Does some1 know from own experience if all mil aviation is visible through the Airnav equipment?? And sometimes i miss civil planes as well... would i see all civil planes when i got my Airnav stuff up and running??? Thanks for your help in advance!

Greetzzz frm Holland,

Nick

Hi Nick

Most military aircraft DO NOT transmit positional data and therefore will not appear on any map, AirNav, Basestation etc. Exceptions are civil types, sometimes.

The only option at this time is to register for PlanePlotter which has an option callled Multilateration, Mlat for short.

Mlat tries to plot any non-positional aircraft by using a sophisticated cross-fixing using ground stations. Although not guaranteed, PP Mlat has evolved quite quickly and more and more non-positional aircraft are being plotted. Read more on the COAA website.

Many military aircraft do have and use ModeS but without positional data. These will appear in aircraft lists for ModeS products (Basestation and AirNav) but not on their maps.

There's a feature comparison Check List on the Radarspotters Forum:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

You will, however, see some military versions of civilian airliners .. like the German AF's A310's, the RCAF A310's and the RAF L-1011's.
      ENFB.net
      Radarstation KGVL

Comment

Hello Anmer,

thanx alot for your very fast reply. I did see indeed, probably as an exception, a RAF Tristar yesterday somewhere above the east coast of the UK. Very interesting to read thanx to that multilateration stuff aircraft which would be normally invisible will become visible!
        Seeing those planes only in a list thanx to s-mode is definitely disappointing when you dont have any clue where those planes are. It sounds quite simple honestly, this multilateration.... using a couple of groundstations and based on their fixes get a best 'guess' location.
        Thanx again!

Greetzzz,

Nick

Comment

I saw the Tristar too..
          Attached Files
          ENFB.net
          Radarstation KGVL

Comment

That Tristar is the first to show its position. It's been with Marshalls in Cambridge for many weeks and these are flight tests by Marshalls. Hopefully it will continue to display position when it's returned to the RAF.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I've tried use PlanePlotter MLAT with SBS-1 but it is very complex and doesn't work most of the times - very unreliable. You will depend on ground stations that most of the times don't work and usually just a few aircraft will be tracked - sometimes none. Unless these flights have ADS-B it will be almost impossible to track them.

Comment

Typical response from Andre Brandao, CEO of AirNav Systems pretending to be rgsmith.

Also total misinformation. PP Mlat works very well and is free for approved Ground Stations or just €12 a year for others. You also get live shared network traffic.

Maybe rgsmith should post his message on the PP Yahoo Group and wait for the response from PP users?

I'm sure the more experienced members here will confirm that this is Andre Brandao, who also posts on other forums as Kaitak and Dirkou. He never has the courage to post under his real name.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Anmer, real name "Mike Colgan" is the administrator of RadarSpotters.eu, an internet forum created 1 year ago by the SBS shop, Martin Lynch and Sons to promote SBS.
                  He is well known for doing this kind of activities all over the internet.

Now he is on this forum trying to pass all the false information one more time. Don't believe in anything what he writes.

Comment

Andre, please go away and stop messing up other people's forums. Or, perhaps post some evidence to back up your unfounded allegations?

Even the editor of RadioUser magazine doesn't agree with you.

By the way, you can't even spell my name correctly
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

What matters from this discussion is that innocent users should be clarified that Anmer (Mike Colgan) works for SBS to try to promote/sell SBS.

>Even the editor of RadioUser magazine doesn't agree with you.

RadioUser magazine Editor asked you about your forum being independent? :-)
                      What a laugh.

Comment

No Brandao, what matters is that you are the CEO of AirNav Systems posing here as rgsmith to promote your own product and make unfounded allegations that you can't substantiate.

Elvis is alive and lives on the moon. Honest
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by rgsmith View Post
                          What matters from this discussion is that innocent users should be clarified that Anmer (Mike Colgan) works for SBS to try to promote/sell SBS.

>Even the editor of RadioUser magazine doesn't agree with you.

RadioUser magazine Editor asked you about your forum being independent? :-)
                          What a laugh.

Andre you really have a screw loose.. its a shame your support for your customers reflects the same and like wise..
                          Poor on a good day.. same cannot be said for the folks with SBS's... far superiour box...

Smudger.

Comment

Smudger38: you are top poster of the SBS supported radarspotters.eu forum. Your opinions doesn't matter.

Comment

I am also an SBS user, BUT am ALSO happy to give credit to ANRB for moving on with the software, where as the SBS chaps failed at the start with NO significant upgardes.

So a Plus point to your company.. see I can also be positive for ANRB..

Comment

Working...
                              X