Website traffic updates stalling over New York/USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website traffic updates stalling over New York/USA

Hi FR24, Aircraft animation in the NY area at certain times of day do not move freely but start and stop at 1 sec intervals, i.e. all the aircrafts are moving then stop for 1 sec then move again. I monitor various airports but this only happens in NYC radar . Is their a fix for this aircraft animation in NYC radar coverage?
    Thanks
    aircraftenthusiast

Hi FR24,

When able please can you fix the New York area flights animation fluidity. At the minute its not animation but just showing flights moving then stopping, moving then stopping etc.

Thank in advance

aircraftenthusiast

Comment

So frustrating watching New York area flight animation. When it works it is great, but all too often it breaks down.
      I will be glad when FR24 fix this, the sooner the better.

aircraftenthusiast

Comment

If you hadn't noticed. It's the majority of the us it seems. Well, last time I zoomed to that area and then moved to the west coast it all did it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          If you hadn't noticed. It's the majority of the us it seems. Well, last time I zoomed to that area and then moved to the west coast it all did it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
          All the US airports i have regular looked at IAD,BOS, SFO,LAX,MIA,ORD,YUL,YYZ,YVR etc don't have the issue, it just the New York City area that has this issue, which is frustrating as i spend a lot of time viewing flights in and out of JFK & EWR.

Comment

It's funny...For me, through most of January this was not a problem at JFK and EWR as I was trying out the FlightRadar24 service for the first time. Then from about January 22 onward, JFK (and many other airports as well) have become wonky in the website and the iOS app. Planes that show 30 MPH on runways and never change speed or location, and then minutes later they're gone from sight (I'm assuming they took off). Sporadic plane icon updates making the interface and plane movements look choppy. Low level of correlation between what I'm seeing on FR24 and hearing on LiveATC, which used to be very much in sync and enjoyable. So....something is definitely not right....looking forward to seeing this fixed because it's getting a bit unusable right now.

Comment

Hi FR24,
              I have some feedback regarding aircraft animation in New York area.
              The aircraft animation fluidity in New York area is working much better, but still when traffic levels are high it breaks down.
              I have enclosed 2 attachments below showing the traffic levels when the aircraft animation fluidity breaks down.
              The first was at 23.40 UTC and the second at 14.50 UTC.
              The settings i have to achieve New York area map is 150% zoom in the browser and 5km zoom in FR24.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by aircraftenthusiast; 2019-02-04, 16:25.

Comment

Working...
              X