Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do when moving my feeder to a new location

Passenger

Cool What to do when moving my feeder to a new location

Hello

I'm wondering what I need to do when I have re-located my feeder, we have moved from southern France to northern Denmark (Sealand) - do I need to do anything? (it's my own Pi2 + dvb-t stick running the fr24 sw).

regards
    Henrik

I think you should run FR24 setup again with new position. With old position you could have problem regarding range. I don't think planes will be excepted as the range is limited by FR24. Range from France to Denmark sounds impossible

Team FR24
    Quote Originally Posted by henry64 View Post
    Hello

I'm wondering what I need to do when I have re-located my feeder, we have moved from southern France to northern Denmark (Sealand) - do I need to do anything? (it's my own Pi2 + dvb-t stick running the fr24 sw).

regards
    Henrik
    Hello henry64,

Please send your new coordinates to support@fr24.com and your coordinates will be updated
    --

Passenger
    Okay, done, so it's not needed to update anything in the feeders? (not participating in MLAT)

Team FR24
    Quote Originally Posted by henry64 View Post
    Okay, done, so it's not needed to update anything in the feeders? (not participating in MLAT)
    No, you don't need to do anything else.
    --

Passenger
    I'm also planning to move my Rpi/antenna/feeder about 20KM to improve reception. Just to be clear, the best/official procedure if I wanted to update my location is to just e-mail the coordinates? Thanks!

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan25 View Post
    I'm also planning to move my Rpi/antenna/feeder about 20KM to improve reception. Just to be clear, the best/official procedure if I wanted to update my location is to just e-mail the coordinates? Thanks!
    Glad to know that email method works too.

But I have a similar question, how do you set coordinates manually with the actual pi settings?

Team FR24
    @Adriaan25: Yes, just send your updated coordinates in decimal format to support@fr24.com and that's it.

@Sam26K: From manually you mean updating them yourself after moving?
    --

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan View Post
    @Sam26K: From manually you mean updating them yourself after moving?
    Yes. Is there a way to manually update the coordinates with the pi's configuration files to insure that FR24 always has accurate coordinates on re-connection?

First officer
    Since there is no follow up to my above question, I consider it unresolved for now .
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-02-15 at 00:24. Reason: typos