Thread: Malaysia Radar

Captain

Malaysia Radar

Quote Originally Posted by bonar View Post
    Hello everyone...
    new station here.. F-WMKK1
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    New FR24 receiver
    F-WMKI1 - Sultan Azlan Shah Airport, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
    F-WMSA3 ...it's me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    New FR24 receivers
    F-WBKA1 activated in Sandakan, Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    New FR24 receivers
    F-WMKP1 activated in Penang, Malaysia
    In a space of a few weeks, there has been quite a few FR24 receivers activated in Malaysia. F-WBGG1 (Kuching) and F-WBKK1 (Kota Kinabalu) used to be the only FR24 receivers in Malaysia, and Semenanjung has been dominated by T feeders until the arrival of F-WMKC1 at Kelantan followed by F-WMSA1 and F-WMSA2.

So now is the right time to start a Malaysia Radar thread! ( of course, New Zealand Radar is the source of reference! That is where I learnt a lot of stuffs from, from page 1!)

Any questions just ask and welcome to FR24 and to the forum! Hope to get acquainted to all Malaysian Feeders here, whether it is a FR24 kit or your very own set up! Enjoy!
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-04-15 at 14:21.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by bonar View Post
    Hello everyone...
    new station here.. F-WMKK1
    Hi Bonar, can't locate your radarcode yet, it's a bit difficult with another 3 FR24 WMSA1-3 receivers around! Hope you are close enough to WMKK to give a low coverage to KLIA, which is lacking at the moment.

Passenger
    cayalahhh...happy feeding

Passenger
    F-WMKK1 is nearer to KLIA, while F-WMSA1-3 more towards Subang

Captain
    Yes techically la.

The radarcodes are just reference only usually, it wont reflect its position accurately. I think in the near future FR24 might trial Multilateralization (MLAT) around there as there should be enough receivers to calculate the position of non ads-b a/c with the amount of receivers around. F-WIMM1 in Medan could contribute too.

You 3 at Subang are too strong maybe so F-WMKK1 is staying at the background.

Captain
    Good luck.. let's hope you get approved. The wait will be... long I suspect. Months at least, unless your location is exceptional.

Ah (aiyak) I just read this! I didn't print out the FR24 catalogue, I did email the lady the links about the receiver. Hopefully it is approved. Documents sent via email yesterday to the person in charge. Hopefully will hear from them soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpost View Post
    Good luck to you too........ keep your fingers and toes crossed. LOL........
    Hi Limpost,

Got the Sirim permit already today. Sirim was efficient. Now I just need to get an import permit by those Shipping & Forwarding Agencies and then I can collect the FR24 kit. Hopefully things sorted by this 4 day week!

First officer
    Hi Limpost,

Got the Sirim permit already today. Sirim was efficient. Now I just need to get an import permit by those Shipping & Forwarding Agencies and then I can collect the FR24 kit. Hopefully things sorted by this 4 day week!
    Good news indeed. Very soon a new feeder will be sported. F-WBKK????

Passenger
    Thanks...
    My antenna is still on the ground...
    Will be up on a roof by this weekend..
    Just received the equipment last Saturday...

Passenger
    Hi Limpost,

Having troubles with customs and seeking approval from SIRIM? Luckily WMSA-3 and WMKK-1 doesn't counter the problem, but WMKI-1 and one Penang guy got problem dealing with customs.
    It's should be in the customs approval list now....if they feed it into their system
    Last edited by Ruth; 2014-04-14 at 15:01.