Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ghostflights approaching EDDF (Frankfurt)

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    I'll be monitoring your future posts very carefully.
    Beware the rush!

Captain
    Here's another one for Mike to explain.

Third party data sources messing up all the data yet again.

B-1178 delivered HSN to CKG a few hours ago as CCA048 hex 7814BA.

Evidence of the live flight and live hex :

CCA0482.jpg

But wait.. it's now turned into an A320 !

CCA0481.jpg

CCA0483.jpg

Who is responsible for these edits and why is nothing being done to stop them filling the database with garbage?

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by rik130 View Post
    Here's another one for Mike to explain.

Third party data sources messing up all the data yet again.

B-1178 delivered HSN to CKG a few hours ago as CCA048 hex 7814BA.

Evidence of the live flight and live hex :

CCA0482.jpg

But wait.. it's now turned into an A320 !

CCA0481.jpg

CCA0483.jpg

Who is responsible for these edits and why is nothing being done to stop them filling the database with garbage?
    I don't think using a Chinese flight at this point in time is a very good example to reinforce your theory. You contributed to this thread recently:

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ighlight=china

Captain
    That has nothing to do with it. The mismatches as illustrated above have been happening for years. The only reason I'm posting them (again) is because Mike is denial that the site has as many bugs as are being reported. The evidence speaks for itself.

The only reason I'm posting them (again) is because Mike is denial that the site has as many bugs as are being reported. The evidence speaks for itself.
    I don't dispute there are "bugs". It's an inherent feature of all software. But I use FR24 everyday and, with a few, minor exceptions, find the product usable and helpful. And Mike isn't in denial.

It seems you're determined to rubbish FR24 for some reason and want to lay it on as thick as you can, calling people "clowns" and for them to be sacked.

You've made your point, now leave Mike to investigate and report back. But if he doesn't, I can understand why.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    I don't dispute there are "bugs". It's an inherent feature of all software. But I use FR24 everyday and, with a few, minor exceptions, find the product usable and helpful. And Mike isn't in denial.

It seems you're determined to rubbish FR24 for some reason and want to lay it on as thick as you can, calling people "clowns" and for them to be sacked.

You've made your point, now leave Mike to investigate and report back. But if he doesn't, I can understand why.
    With all due respect, I haven't seen it posted anywhere that you have been appointed as Mike's spokesperson so I'm not sure what any of this discussion has to do with you? Mike is perfectly capable of speaking for himself and he requested that people post the bugs so that is what I am doing. If the discussion here is not to your liking then may I suggest you move along to other threads where you may fnd the content there more to your liking.

First officer
    That has nothing to do with it. The mismatches as illustrated above have been happening for years. The only reason I'm posting them (again) is because Mike is denial that the site has as many bugs as are being reported. The evidence speaks for itself.
    No long term user would dispute that there are bugs - always have been probably always will be. FR24 may not the best product for data but it leaves other flight trackers for dead in terms of global coverage, visible aircraft and graphic rendition. If you're a keen spotter you need to use to more than one. Horses for courses.

With all due respect, I haven't seen it posted anywhere that you have been appointed as Mike's spokesperson so I'm not sure what any of this discussion has to do with you?
    If you wish to have a private conversation with Mike from FR24, I suggest you contact him directly.

Or you can post messages on the forum. But, as is common practice, others may present alternative views and, sometimes, disagree. It helps to be polite and add a touch of humour, now and again.

So, unless you've been appointed an Administrator, you're not going stop to me, or others, posting on this thread (which you've taken off topic).
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Captain
    More bugs ! (your input isn't required thank you Anmer )

When clicking on 'load more flights' it simply duplicates the same list underneath.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Is Mike even looking at these or has he gone back into hibernation hoping that these bugs get forgotten about so he doesn't have to fix the code?
    Last edited by rik130; 2018-12-17 at 20:44.

More bugs ! (your input isn't required thank you Anmer )
    Same aircraft which you've already reported. You need to conserve energy.

How about posting all the flights and links that work instead?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005