Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Ghostflights approaching EDDF (Frankfurt)

  1. #11
    Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vergiate Italy
    Posts
    3,712
    My favourite subject

    Until the site is recoded to place priority on actual data from receivers rather than external data this will keep happening, but that's not going to happen. Loose the external data sources you loose the scheduling etc, etc.

    I have to use one of the same data suppliers that FR24 uses, their errors are exactly the same as the errors I see here. Its been reported in the DB error thread numerous times when one aircraft is doing two flights due to the mix of data sources. But any mention of it and the posts are usually deleted, as you well know Mike.

  2. #12
    Captain Anmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by rik130 View Post

    Just admit it Mike : as far as you're concerned your site works perfectly and anyone disagreeing with you is wrong. In 8 years I've yet to see a single constructive response from you in answer to performance, functionality and data quality issues being raised by members. Every response is either a complete denial that there's any issue or a load of corporate PR guff delivered with your usual condescending tone.
    As with everything, thinks go wrong from time to time.

    I've been a member here for a very long time and I've run a support desk for a number of companies.

    Mike and I sometimes agree to differ. As expected he sees things from a different perspective.

    However, I can't agree with your assessment of FR24 and Mike in particular. I've always found Mike to be responsive to substantiated complaints and ideas. And always polite.

    Ask anyone who works on a Support desk or forum and they'll all tell you the key thing is to reproduce a reported issue. And to do that, they need examples, with as much detail as possible.

    Trolls? Hmmmm?
    Mike


    www.radarspotting.com

    Radarspotting since 2005

  3. #13
    Captain
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SBCT
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Still waiting for the first bug report.
    Here's one for you. Gold sub and all features are locked. Missing flight info, can't expand screen, no ATC boundaries because they're padlocked. All are features of the Gold sub so why are they all locked Mike?

    Flight Tracker Flightradar24 Track Planes In Real Time.jpg

    Flight Tracker Flightradar24 Track Planes In Real Time.jpg

  4. #14

  5. #15
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Qld, Australia
    Posts
    510
    A few personal observations regarding data quality.

    Cathay Pacific CPA2023 is a B748 freighter that runs every Tuesday from Hong Kong (HKG) to Sydney and Melbourne. Mostly it flies to Sydney (SYD) first, then goes onto Melbourne (MEL) and most times then returns to Hong Kong via Toowoomba (WTB) as CPA2022. Occasionally, it will visit MEL first then SYD and WTB. Some days it does not stop at WTB at all and very occasionally it will include Perth (PER) or Brisbane (BNE) in the return journey. Sometimes, like this week, the return flight does not depart until the day after arrival.

    The reason for quoting this long-winded example is that it introduces lots of variables into the aircraft’s schedule that challenge data services to keep providing an accurate picture of just where the flight is. I know it is a freight service but that is irrelevant because some long distance passenger services can end up just as complicated with mechanical failures, unplanned diversions, flight cancellations part way through a schedule etc.

    The takeaway from tracking this flight over a couple of years (because I have a particular interest in it and can often spot it flying over my place) is that unless the service runs strictly to its historic schedule ie HKG-SYD-MEL-WTB-HKG, FlightRadar24 just loses the plot while its major competitor gets nearly every change right and has them detailed on its site sometimes hours before the next segment commences. Occasionally FR24 will make the right corrections during a flight but lots of N/A or just wrong airport codes still show up in the routes. The difference in data quality between the services is astounding and to my mind mainly reflects the better use of flight plans and airline data by one service over another.

    I’m not posting reams of screen shots to prove my point because like others on here I know what I see and more importantly what I’m looking at. For anyone interested in looking up the flights on either service, I’ve quoted the flight numbers and the airports - and it happens every Tuesday.

    BTW the aircraft operating this week’s service is B-LJH and it overnighted in SYD after coming from MEL yesterday and is in the air now going direct to HKG.

  6. #16
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Mojave Desert, USA
    Posts
    133
    Why do you Europeans bicker so much? Data changes over time. it takes awhile for the third party databases to catch up. End of story. Move on.
    F-KDAG1

  7. #17
    Captain
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SBCT
    Posts
    522
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...rk-in-Playback

    Even more bugs. Yet again Mike does his disappearing act and nothing will get done about the bugs until someone raises the issue again in 6 months time when he will pop back up again : "Bugs? What bugs?" And round and round we go....

  8. #18
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by apgphoto View Post
    My favourite subject

    Until the site is recoded to place priority on actual data from receivers rather than external data this will keep happening, but that's not going to happen. Loose the external data sources you loose the scheduling etc, etc.

    I have to use one of the same data suppliers that FR24 uses, their errors are exactly the same as the errors I see here. Its been reported in the DB error thread numerous times when one aircraft is doing two flights due to the mix of data sources. But any mention of it and the posts are usually deleted, as you well know Mike.
    "actual data from receivers rather than external data" What data are you refering to? Can you give an example?
    "I have to use one of the same data suppliers that FR24 uses, their errors are exactly the same as the errors I see here" What data source? Can you give an example of an error?
    "reported in the DB error thread numerous times when one aircraft is doing two flights due to the mix of data sources" Can you give an example?

    "But any mention of it and the posts are usually deleted, as you well know Mike." The forum rules are quite simple. You are free to discsuss in 1000000 threads in the forum, just keep the discussion out of 2 threads.

    "one aircraft is doing two flights due to the mix of data sources" bug reports like this is like looking for needle in a haystack. Screenshots, links, flightid helps a lot in finding and understanding problems.

  9. #19
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by rik130 View Post
    Here's one for you. Gold sub and all features are locked. Missing flight info, can't expand screen, no ATC boundaries because they're padlocked. All are features of the Gold sub so why are they all locked Mike?

    Flight Tracker Flightradar24 Track Planes In Real Time.jpg

    Flight Tracker Flightradar24 Track Planes In Real Time.jpg
    Thanks. One of the servers was in a bad state after a release yesterday, affecting about 10% of the users. It has been fixed now.

  10. #20
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by rik130 View Post
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...rk-in-Playback

    Even more bugs. Yet again Mike does his disappearing act and nothing will get done about the bugs until someone raises the issue again in 6 months time when he will pop back up again : "Bugs? What bugs?" And round and round we go....
    Yes, a bug. "still" happens as it haven't been reported yet. Actually funny that no one has reported it during 5 years. It will be added to the list.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •