Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some discussion here then

Is there ever to be consideration to getting some more bodies to visit the forum a bit more often, or find some other moderators to join to focus on moderating the dud user entries with less.. 'stealth'.

Since the hack and forum traffic is now dominated by SEO/spam url users more than standard feeder help, it's obvious the dbase forum is the most popular for ongoing contribution while people feel they are doing their bit. To the level of sometimes page a day.

It would help if there was more than 1 being public facing and acknowledging presence regularly. Or morefmore Deleting the obvious wrong entries before people feel inclined to reply multiple times, (adding delayed changes using the quote functions and ultimately ending in abuse between each other or accusations noone is taking notice.)

At least noting when I'm attempting to fill such a gap and pointing out the correct format/too much data is being provided by a user (and also deleting the users and my responses afterwards in a self moderating form) because moving the posts here seem to then go unnoticed by the original poster.. (I've tried previously)

You obviously saw the deleted replies email and information. That was intended. Posts like these trying to over-complicate explain things and not like the required data format on page 1 are not allowed.

Such explanations/replies made are not just an attempt by a random user to add to the junk on purpose.

Even created a page to try help users who aren't sure about their submissions thats more informative than mantmas.

Was it wrong of me to try and man-splain the users concerns are unfounded there? Maybe. But short of silence or unexplained deletion leaving bad user experiences previously that's what's been required.

Although we're not 'offical', with help from other users without the same permissions, it's a sudden change to have someone interact, when we've been somewhat left trying to keep topics up to date, relevant and on track while offering some compassion and assistance via voluntarily user moderation ourselves for years.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Here's some discussion here then

Is there ever to be consideration to getting some more bodies to visit the forum a bit more often, or find some other moderators to join to focus on moderating the dud user entries with less.. 'stealth'.

Since the hack and forum traffic is now dominated by SEO/spam url users more than standard feeder help, it's obvious the dbase forum is the most popular for ongoing contribution while people feel they are doing their bit. To the level of sometimes page a day.

It would help if there was more than 1 being public facing and acknowledging presence regularly. Or morefmore Deleting the obvious wrong entries before people feel inclined to reply multiple times, (adding delayed changes using the quote functions and ultimately ending in abuse between each other or accusations noone is taking notice.)

At least noting when I'm attempting to fill such a gap and pointing out the correct format/too much data is being provided by a user (and also deleting the users and my responses afterwards in a self moderating form) because moving the posts here seem to then go unnoticed by the original poster.. (I've tried previously)

Such explanations/replies made are not just an attempt by a random user to add to the junk on purpose.

Even created a page to try help users who aren't sure about their submissions thats more informative than mantmas.

Was it wrong of me to try and man-splain the users concerns are unfounded there? Maybe. But short of silence or unexplained deletion leaving bad user experiences previously that's what's been required.

Although we're not 'offical', with help from other users without the same permissions, it's a sudden change to have someone interact, when we've been somewhat left trying to keep topics up to date, relevant and on track while offering some compassion and assistance via voluntarily user moderation ourselves for years.
      First, thank you for all of your hard work and comments in the forum.

The reason why I deleted the discussion is because there is no reason to argue in the thread when the user was obviously wrong and is trying to convince you the opposite. It is just clogging the update thread for people who should do the updates.

I am trying to spend more time in the forum as well, but it is not possible to monitor every single post. This is the reason why people editing the DB should check that all the information is correct when entering it in the DB.

Also, when it comes to the backlog. It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily. Obviously a new passenger aircraft is more important than a small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft and should be added beforehand.

As I mentioned previously we are aware of this backlog and are making decisions based on that.

Toni
      FR24

Comment

• Re above

"I am trying to spend more time in the forum as well, but it is not possible to monitor every single post."

I made a what I considered to be a reasonable post on the 8th of July. No response was made by you, that's
        hardly spending more time on the forum.

"Also, when it comes to the backlog. It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily"

If posts have been there for more than 2 months then I'd say that's a 2 month backlog, some of mine are 4 years
        old.

"Obviously a new passenger aircraft is more important than a small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft and should be added beforehand."

There is a whole range of aircraft between new passenger aircraft and an ULAC (by which I assume you mean large RPT aircraft since even a Cessna 172
        can carry four passengers and by your criteria should be added first) so unless you have a list of aircraft by type to be added in order of
        precedence, then that becomes an arbitrary choice. What gets added first a ATR or a DHC8.

How do you know that an aircraft is a "small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft" many such aircraft are visible thanks to MLAT and as such are
        added to the forum each week. There is nothing to identify such aircraft in posts.

"As I mentioned previously we are aware of this backlog and are making decisions based on that."

Any chance we might see some progress in the near future?

Comment

• Originally posted by _toni View Post

Also, when it comes to the backlog. It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily. Obviously a new passenger aircraft is more important than a small non ADS-B equipped private aircraft and should be added beforehand.

It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily.

Yes it is and yes they are. I know from the aircraft that I control that they are added arbitrarily. Some are added within hours of being active without appearing in the forum and they are certainly not a "passenger aircraft" (you mean airliner?) I don't mind spotters being quick to recognise, by why they are added to FR24 in hours with such a backlog of data on this forum....

I will never understand why you don't employ a database manager, data is the key to this website and as one of your commercial customers I can say its getting worse and worse

Comment

• Originally posted by WayneKing View Post

It is not 2 months long, nor is data added arbitrarily.

Yes it is and yes they are. I know from the aircraft that I control that they are added arbitrarily. Some are added within hours of being active without appearing in the forum and they are certainly not a "passenger aircraft" (you mean airliner?) I don't mind spotters being quick to recognise, by why they are added to FR24 in hours with such a backlog of data on this forum....

I will never understand why you don't employ a database manager, data is the key to this website and as one of your commercial customers I can say its getting worse and worse
            I was referring to the backlog from May onward. I personally went through most of it to add passenger aircraft. Also, many changes are done outside of forum thread like you mention yourself.
            Not all changes are posted here before entries are added or changed in the database.

Regarding employment of database administrator, this is a decision to be taken by company management and cannot be commented here. I can assure you that the management is aware of the situation and is assessing it regularly.

I don't think it makes sense to argue about business decisions here, but for sure that the size and quality of database is growing compared to 1,2 or 3 years ago.
            Toni
            FR24

Comment

• Just like to say that if my aircraft doesn’t get added to the DB then my subscription will be cancelled and I’ll us an alternative platform where I know the information is already available.

Comment

• So, guys, wouldn't it be interesting for you to recruit people from some countries to help with these edits directly in the database? Here in Brazil for example we have some people who could certainly help you in this work, I am one of them. I am willing to help with the addition of A / C as there are actually some aircraft here for some time without information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post
                  So, guys, wouldn't it be interesting for you to recruit people from some countries to help with these edits directly in the database? Here in Brazil for example we have some people who could certainly help you in this work, I am one of them. I am willing to help with the addition of A / C as there are actually some aircraft here for some time without information.
                  Oh my, that would be so helpful and interesting for the users and FlightRadar itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by hiagotb View Post

Oh my, that would be so helpful and interesting for the users and FlightRadar itself.
                    Thank you for your post and interest. FR24 is not currently not expanding a list of external database editors.
                    Last edited by _toni; 2020-08-14, 12:54.
                    Toni
                    FR24

Comment

• I would like the fr24 team to update the name of the following airport:
                      ICAO: SBGO
                      IATA: GYN
                      Name: Goiânia Santa Genoveva Int'l Airport.

since last week the national civil aviation agency issued the approval for international airport.
                      Now goiania has become an approved international airport

follows the information from official sources in Brazil:

A Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC), uma das agências reguladoras federais do País, foi criada para regular e fiscalizar as atividades da aviação civil e a infraestrutura aeronáutica e aeroportuária no Brasil. Instituída em 2005, começou a atuar em 2006 substituindo o Departamento de Aviação Civil (DAC). É uma autarquia federal de regime especial e está vinculada ao Ministério da Infraestrutura. As ações da ANAC se enquadram nas atividades de certificação, fiscalização, normatização e representação institucional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodent0_2 View Post
                        Just like to say that if my aircraft doesn’t get added to the DB then my subscription will be cancelled and I’ll us an alternative platform where I know the information is already available.
                        Subscription cancelled...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucasgyn View Post
                          I would like the fr24 team to update the name of the following airport:
                          ICAO: SBGO
                          IATA: GYN
                          Name: Goiânia Santa Genoveva Int'l Airport.

since last week the national civil aviation agency issued the approval for international airport.
                          Now goiania has become an approved international airport

follows the information from official sources in Brazil:

https://www.anac.gov.br/noticias/202...internacionais
                          FR is using IATA official database as the source of airport info: https://www.iata.org/en/publications...ort.search=gyn
                          Toni
                          FR24

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodent0_2 View Post

Subscription cancelled...
                            Could you please paste here the information you want to be updated in the database?

Thanks .
                            Toni
                            FR24

Comment

• Click user

About

Find all posts

= https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...223#post187934
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by _toni View Post

Could you please paste here the information you want to be updated in the database?

Thanks .
                                G-CHFT
                                ULAC
                                Air Creation Tanarg/Bionix 15 912S (1)
                                BMAA/HB/624
                                Private
                                2012-00-00

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X