Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hb9dww View Post
    On my FR24 Dump1090 near Airport Locarno (South of Switzerland) I see some strange ICAO Hex-Codes 4b5dfa, 4b5dfb and 4b5dfc with very strong RF Signals. I don't found any information in databases about this 3 codes. The codes 4b5dfa and 4b5dfc are 7x24h on my dump1090. Very strange are also the altitudes particulary the 49600 feets from 4b5dfb and the 92800 feets from 4b5dfc

Here are the pictures of this 3 entries

4b5dfa

4b5dfb

4b5dfc

Any ideas what this could be?
    Probably towers or badly/mis-decoded data packets. Would need a few more receivers to match and confirm

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Don't mind a late night Friday code tinker

At least I know of 1 person to make use of it.. ME

Hex to country check
      http://hexlookup.epizy.com/hex.php?h...&submit=Search

hex2cty.JPG

Existing Record check

record check.JPG

New feature as of a few hours of head scratching

Prefix Confirm/Search

Sure, you can find them on wikipedia too.. But it doesn't reinforce the hex it should have too

prefix2cty.JPG
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Just joined this forum and not sure if this correct place to post...
        Over the last few days a lot of a/c do not seem to be showing up on FR24. I was receiving full ADS-B data for 43C700 at 2020-05-24 15:25z and feeding in to FR24 and PlanePlotter. It was showing up my Basestation and PP. It was also showing up on AirNav (I don't feed) but there was no sign of it on FR24. I have noticed this with many aircraft over the last few days.
        Ta, Andy.

Comment

• FR24 doesn't display all aircraft that can be tracked, including many military types. Other trackers may show them as should your local receiever.

https://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

Blocking

For security and privacy reasons information about some aircraft is limited or blocked. This includes most military aircraft and certain high profile aircraft, like Air Force One.

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I appreciate what you say, blocked etc etc, but up until a few days ago FR24 was always my first 'goto' for years for an id. In the last week or so possibly 5 - 8 (ish - a real guess)% of a/c that I check have not been showing up on FR24. This includes light, helis (heli-med, police etc), 43C*** etc. I certainly don't mean the likes of Air Force One. Conpanies like Shell Aviation are routinely blocked by all, I understand that - it is the usual, mostly run of the mill a/c that have always shown up are simply not showing up in the last few days. Just an observation. If I have the time I will log some flights for further investigation. As a simple example a lot of RAF RRR* flights that normally show up - ie you can follow from Brize to Akrotiri and back - are not showing, but this is certainly not limited to military.

Comment

• Let us know the aircraft hex codes when you next track the missing ones, and ideally, the date/time and flight ID.

Also, make sure you have no filters set that may be "hiding" them?
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxi_Tyrolean View Post
                Here a little story from my side how time and things changed...

Back in 2014 I applied for the Flightradar24 database-editor position here. One year later I got a message if I was still interested and so I started my work in 2015.
                At this time, everyone was doing their job, the posted aircraft-data here was about 3-5 pages in 7 days and everything was, let's say good but not great in my opinion.

Now 5 years later it's a whole different story. No response from the FR24 admins if you need something, it looks like I'm the only one here that is doing the forum-stuff and btw. the workload of the last 6 days is more than 40(!) pages.
                Sorry guys but I'm not sure if I'm motivated to do this any longer. It's just getting more and more frustrated every few weeks when you read messages like "Why hasn't this been done yet?..." and things like that.

And keep in mind: all I'm doing here is voluntary work in my free time and I never got a business account or anything else from FR24.
                So I guess the first question is has Maxi retired. If he has I for one would not blame him as he appears to have been carrying the entire workload
                of updating this forum. It's several weeks since any updates appear to have been done and they are building up to a sizeable number.

FR24's management of this area seems to be totally lacking. The standard response about the "team" of editors just waiting to add your posts has
                long since been shown as rubbish. For a commercial organisation to rely on one volunteer to update its most important data base seen bizarre.

If Maxi is not doing it anymore, what is FR24's plan, always assuming that they have one?

BTW Maxi thanks for all the great work you have done over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomad77 View Post

So I guess the first question is has Maxi retired. If he has I for one would not blame him as he appears to have been carrying the entire workload
                  of updating this forum. It's several weeks since any updates appear to have been done and they are building up to a sizeable number.

FR24's management of this area seems to be totally lacking. The standard response about the "team" of editors just waiting to add your posts has
                  long since been shown as rubbish. For a commercial organisation to rely on one volunteer to update its most important data base seen bizarre.

If Maxi is not doing it anymore, what is FR24's plan, always assuming that they have one?

BTW Maxi thanks for all the great work you have done over the years.
                  I'm still here but not with the same engagement than before. Backlog of "Aircraft to be added into Flightradar24 aircraft database" & "Data errors in Flightradar24 aircraft database" together is now more than 90 pages. So everyone needs to expect a delay of about, I don't know, maybe about 2-3 months(...and it's getting more and more)
                  Last edited by Maxi_Tyrolean; 2020-05-31, 00:52.

Comment

• The additions and corrections on database has stopped?

Comment

• Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post
                      The additions and corrections on database has stopped?
                      Look at the post right before yours.

That 'team' of updaters isn't quite

Comment

• Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know one more time that we are aware of the backlog of aircraft updates on the forum and are doing our best to minimize it at the moment.

No matter we mostly rely on external DB editors like yourself we also do have internal resources for DB updates, like myself. As we do not have direct control on how many people are working and for how long situations like this one can occur.

None of us is a superman and aircraft DB work is not something that you can ever have 100% correct. Every day dozens of new AC are delivered, change operators, retired, scrapped etc. This is why we can only try to change as much data as possible.

We will definitely use this situation to think on how to organize in a better way, to minimize potential backlog.

Maxi_Tyrolean and anyone else...I understand that the current system is not perfect, but you can contact me anytime regarding DB updates or problems that you have. I don't agree that there is no response from FR24 side.

I would like to stress one more time how much FR24 values all contributors that share and update information on the forum.

Thanks a lot and don't hesitate to contact me in any case.

Toni
                        FR24
                        Toni
                        FR24

Comment

• Almost a month since this was posted and today I did a quick check. There are over 140 pages of new aircraft to be added to the database. There are random aircraft from those pages that have been processed, but the bulk remain. There is little evidence that anything has been done to address this issue. You state the system is not perfect, well its not even adequate. I found aircraft data posted back in 2016 that was still waiting to be processed. It's patently obvious that the current arrangement are not working and I ask why are you not seeking more editors to address this problem. I've seen many people who posted on this forum finally give up and move on, many of the people would have been ideal editors, but any offers of assistance were dealt with using the standard FR response "The database is maintained by 20+ people doing their best. If you find incorrect data please report it.". If each of these 20+ editors did one aircraft each day we would not have over 140 pages of aircraft to be added. I did not even bother with the "errors" waiting to be corrected. Back to you!

Comment

• I agree entirely! I live and work in Papua new Guinea where the Regulator has no time and little regard for accuracy or timely updates. Last update to civil aircraft register was October 2019.

I maintain a PNG register with HEX codes and unfortunately the regulator issues the same hex to two aircraft. Thats in itself takes me months to get rectified.
                            I have asked to become an "editor" in the past .... just for Papua New Guinea.
                            I've been waiting 3 to 4 months to see changes. Back to you!

There are very clever people at FR24 so I have a suggestion: Both new entries and database errors/changes.

(1) To make an entry you must first select a "Country" from a drop down menu.
                            (2) then select "new" entry or "error" in database
                            (3) Then submit your entry....
                            (4) The system then forwards to data to a "trusted" editor by either country or zone. In my cases I would do all aircraft with a P2xxx prefix.

Easy to implement; and will achieve a higher degree of data accuracy in a timely fashion.
                            Last edited by Traveller; 2020-07-08, 01:28.

Comment

• Toni or anyone not that anyone at FR24 gives a

The backlog is now over two months

Is anyone going to do anything to address the situation? If not just close down this part of the forum to save us all wasting our time

Comment

• I know nobody at FR24 gives a ....

Why are miscodes being added such as 2E5A81 ?? Its miscoded deliberately so you don't add it

Who ever the clever editor is, please use Oblivian's guide for country hex

Who ever the editor is go back two months and work on those outstanding rather than adding miscodes when you are trying to be clever

No doubt the same editor but you have forgotten to add the serial for our EH10 anyway it should be blocked like all our EH10 are

Comment

Working...
                                X