Discussion about Flightradar24 database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ekrk5 View Post
    And now that I have written about missing data.
    Who have decided that an unknown aircraft is shown as a B737 - or what ever it is?
    It is highly frustrating, especially in these days without traffic, when one think that there are airliners in the air - and it turns out to be an ULAC.
    I suggest the unknowns are shown as something neutral - or even as a flying question mark.
    Fully agree! It's been discussed before, but we got ignored as usual. The default "fat blob" icon was great for being able to see UNID planes at a glance. Now, it's impossible to see them as they are all 737 icons and there is no way of filtering them in the filter menu either. I would actually pay to be able to filter by UNIDs and also by hex.for ones not yet in the database.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Blob View Post

Fully agree! It's been discussed before, but we got ignored as usual. The default "fat blob" icon was great for being able to see UNID planes at a glance. Now, it's impossible to see them as they are all 737 icons and there is no way of filtering them in the filter menu either. I would actually pay to be able to filter by UNIDs and also by hex.for ones not yet in the database.
      I just moved the question to the add-to section

Comment

• It won't be noticed
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I tried to search in the forum for my topic, but the search string TWR is too short.

There is a transponder in the Europe Tower Frankfurt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa...iki/Europaturm). It has the callsign TWR (I assume it's for Tower), unfortunately it is displayed with the icon of a glider. As this is my main area, where I spot planes, it's quite confusing (not to say annoying) to have always that glider symbol there.

Is there a way, that this icon can be changed to a more appropriate one? Or, even better, is it somehow possible to have the tower simply not displayed on the map?

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by totto View Post
            I tried to search in the forum for my topic, but the search string TWR is too short.

There is a transponder in the Europe Tower Frankfurt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa...iki/Europaturm). It has the callsign TWR (I assume it's for Tower), unfortunately it is displayed with the icon of a glider. As this is my main area, where I spot planes, it's quite confusing (not to say annoying) to have always that glider symbol there.

Is there a way, that this icon can be changed to a more appropriate one? Or, even better, is it somehow possible to have the tower simply not displayed on the map?

Many thanks in advance!
            Is that the one at Europaturm? Hex D0077D ? I expect so as D0 hex codes are set to gliders by default I think. I don't think FR24 has a facility to show these properly as transmitter towers. I suppose they would just block the hex altogether so it doesn't show on the map.

Comment

Is that the one at Europaturm? Hex D0077D ? I expect so as D0 hex codes are set to gliders by default I think. I don't think FR24 has a facility to show these properly as transmitter towers. I suppose they would just block the hex altogether so it doesn't show on the map.
              Correct, it's exactly that one. Are responsible people fom FR24 following this forum. Or should I pass this information through an other chanel?

Comment

• You can try advising via the support email address but don't be surprised if they send you back here..

Comment

As it should classified as GRND, if you are not interested into ground vehicles, you can hide them, so all ground vehicles and other stuffs would be hide. You can do it in the "settings" area, both in the web as in the app.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirMe View Post

As it should classified as GRND, if you are not interested into ground vehicles, you can hide them, so all ground vehicles and other stuffs would be hide. You can do it in the "settings" area, both in the web as in the app.
                    The GRND tag generates a vehicle icon which is obviously wrong for a transmitter mast tower. Other tracking sites differentiate between the two, and rightly so.

Comment

• The link below leads to nowhere.
                      Can anyone lead me to the information which Oblivian wrote - I can't find any information about "non-delete" of deleted registrations.

I can see the point and the idea, and it will funcktion well in a country where registration/HEX are not reused (as in Denmark), but it makes no sense in Austria !!

- - - - -

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

Maxi already said historical records remain for 3 years to allow playback.

OK - Point taken !
                      Can you please direct me to where it is said? I can't find it

Oblivian gave this link - which leads back to my post.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...737#post186595

Comment

• Here a little story from my side how time and things changed...

Back in 2014 I applied for the Flightradar24 database-editor position here. One year later I got a message if I was still interested and so I started my work in 2015.
                        At this time, everyone was doing their job, the posted aircraft-data here was about 3-5 pages in 7 days and everything was, let's say good but not great in my opinion.

Now 5 years later it's a whole different story. No response from the FR24 admins if you need something, it looks like I'm the only one here that is doing the forum-stuff and btw. the workload of the last 6 days is more than 40(!) pages.
                        Sorry guys but I'm not sure if I'm motivated to do this any longer. It's just getting more and more frustrated every few weeks when you read messages like "Why hasn't this been done yet?..." and things like that.

And keep in mind: all I'm doing here is voluntary work in my free time and I never got a business account or anything else from FR24.

Comment

• Originally posted by ekrk5 View Post

Oblivian gave this link - which leads back to my post.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...737#post186595
                          It's not your post. Look who wrote it. And used the quote button to reply to you like its designed for. If you copy paste, it doesnt get the entire link because of the ....s

Screenshot_20200516_100927.jpg
                          ​​​​​​
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxi_Tyrolean View Post
                            Sorry guys but I'm not sure if I'm motivated to do this any longer. It's just getting more and more frustrated every few weeks when you read messages like "Why hasn't this been done yet?..." and things like that.

And keep in mind: all I'm doing here is voluntary work in my free time and I never got a business account or anything else from FR24.
                            Thats why I still play the bad guy reminding people to back off and only do valid major changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post

It's not your post. Look who wrote it. And used the quote button to reply to you like its designed for. If you copy paste, it doesnt get the entire link because of the ....s

Screenshot_20200516_100927.jpg
                              ​​​​​​
                              OK - this I didn't see. Thank you.

Do you think there will be a list of countries for which this rule is not valid ?

Here in Denmark I see a lot of reused registrations and/or HEX - especially Austria and Bermuda, but also USA.

If the database shows obsolete data, the database is - well - showing wrong registration etc. because HEX will be given a new registration before the 3 year has passed.
                              It will not be fair if FR24 expect that contributors to the database should know the different countries' registration policy's
                              All the best!

Comment

• On my FR24 Dump1090 near Airport Locarno (South of Switzerland) I see some strange ICAO Hex-Codes 4b5dfa, 4b5dfb and 4b5dfc with very strong RF Signals. I don't found any information in databases about this 3 codes. The codes 4b5dfa and 4b5dfc are 7x24h on my dump1090. Very strange are also the altitudes particulary the 49600 feets from 4b5dfb and the 92800 feets from 4b5dfc

Here are the pictures of this 3 entries

4b5dfa

4b5dfb

4b5dfc

Any ideas what this could be?

Comment

Working...
                                X