Sudden drop in track seen and message rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden drop in track seen and message rate

I have noted when ever I replace the antenna and restart my Pi 3 B+ get quite good message rates / track seens but it drops after 5 minutes.
    Today I received my FA antenna with Pro Stick Plus dongle and installed it around 17:55 as you see in the picture track seen 800+ dropped to under 400 just in 5 minutes.

What could be the reason for this?
    Where should i start the troubleshooting?

ADSBREceiver-1900.jpg

Originally posted by 9944990 View Post
    I have noted when ever I replace the antenna and restart my Pi 3 B+ get quite good message rates / track seens but it drops after 5 minutes.
    Today I received my FA antenna with Pro Stick Plus dongle and installed it around 17:55 as you see in the picture track seen 800+ dropped to under 400 just in 5 minutes.

What could be the reason for this?
    Where should i start the troubleshooting?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9844[/ATTACH]
    Have you tried replacing the dongle, it sounds like it might be overheating, if they get hot they loose sensitivity and that sounds like it could be your problem, also poor power supplies can cause all sorts of strange problems.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

And so does automatic/un-tuned gain
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Just wondered if it could be related to this

G'day all, have been feeding fr24 for 4 years, via linux the box thats circa 2003, its been fine until recently, all it does is fr24, GSM stuff, and media streaming, lately its had a few problems, USB ports cant provide much current, it gets upset with the dongle and gsm unit both plugged in, so i grabbed a spare pi 3b doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you everyone for trying to help.
          I touched the dongle it is not warm at all, I see this behavior with both Jetvisions dongle + Cantenna and FA Pro Stick Plus.
          I have not tuned the gain I can give a it a try.

My Pi has ADSB Receiver Image: Linux pi 4.14.69-v7+ #1141 SMP Mon Sep 10 15:26:29 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Comment

Working...
          X