Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved Pi from Wireless to Wired. Change what Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved Pi from Wireless to Wired. Change what Settings?

FR24 has been running on top of the Piaware installation and using a WiFi connection to feed to FR24.

I just changed to a wired connection into my network but I have no feed to FR24. The Pi is processing data and feeding to FlightAware.

There must be a setting to change for FR24. For HOST IP Ihave 127.0.0.1:30002.

You have to either
    Disable IPv6
    OR
    Change preference to IPv4

TO DISABLE
    Originally posted by Khan View Post
    if you have a result an ipv6 address (e.g. address 2606:4700...) please run this command to disable it which should solve the problem:
    sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

TO CHANGE PREFERENCE
    Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Perhaps a better solution to those who still want to run both IPv4 and IPv6 on their Pi's:

In the file /etc/gai.conf find the following line:

#precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Uncomment this line so it looks like:

precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100

Your Pi will now prefer IPv4 over IPv6 without disabling IPv6.
    Both FR24 feeder and FlightAware feeder should now be happy and you don't have to worry about any DNS changes/updates.

Hope this helps!

Edit: If you have previously disabled IPv6 then you need to re-enable it for this to work properly!

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
      You have to either
      Disable IPv6
      OR
      Change preference to IPv4

TO DISABLE

TO CHANGE PREFERENCE
      I see. So that is why when I tried to re-load the FR24 software I got an error saying it could not resolve repo-feed.flightradar24.com. After re-booting the Pi I was able to re-load the FR24 package. I went this route thinking it might resolve the frozen stats caused by the IPv6 change. We'll soon find out.

All is well now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X