Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead XDSL - how long before my free sub is cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead XDSL - how long before my free sub is cancelled?

Hello hobbists!
    My home XDSL is down at the moment, I'm doing tethering with my phone...
    Opened a ticket to the ISP but you know, going back online could take days!
    I'm a "freshman" feeder (T-LIRF54). After how many hours/days will my free subscription be cancelled?
    Hope to get some feedback on that.
    Thanks in advance,
    Francesco
    T-NOOB-001

From memory, you have 7 days before your free subscription lapses following a discontinuation of the feed. This should automatically get reinstated as soon as you start feeding again.

But FR24 has started removing dormant accounts but I have no idea after how long.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thank you very much.

Photo: preparing to go over the roof!

Immagine.jpg

ps. very nice avatar
      T-NOOB-001

Comment

Hi Cauchee:

( This may be off topic for this thread - maybe mods can move to Technical Matters )

Looking at your image, it seems you have mains power going to a two-way adapter. The black plugpack is obviously the RPi power source. Can you explain what the white device is that has the data lead plugged in ? And the curly cord below the box ?

I'd be cautious about running mains power via a flexible lead to an external enclosure .... maybe consider a PoE or low voltage solution.

ylis

Comment

Hi Ylis!
          The flexible cable is an extension that won't be used in the final setup.
          The white device is a Netgear powerline (PL1000). I've tested it with the REALLY long electrical cable needed to reach the roof of the building. Did not lost a packet out of 3.000! In my opinion it is a "cleaner" solution than the PoE one. Maybe not cheaper (40 € powerline vs. 25 € cat 5 cable). No ethernet plugs needed!
          Cheers,
          Francesco
          T-NOOB-001

Comment

Working...
          X