Thread: Radar Filter

Passenger

Radar Filter

Folks,

Curiosity, if I filter the radar shown for my account and activate it all aircraft disappear, can reduce the map to show Europe and still no aircraft appear.

I thought that should only filter out aircraft picked up by my system.

Just experimenting with filter use to enhance my enjoyment of the mapping system.

Geffers

Quote Originally Posted by Geffers View Post
    Folks,
    I thought that should only filter out aircraft picked up by my system.
    It will filter on those flights attributed by FR24 to your feeder ID. Not those "picked up by your system".

Unless you're the only feed tracking flights in your area, there's a very good chance your feeder ID won't be attributed to any flights at all.

Search the forum. There are dozens of threads explaining why the feeder ID (radar label) is virtually meaningless.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    Thanks Mike,

Recall seeing that somewhere but didn't quite understand what it meant.

Seems a bit of a pointless filter for hobby users, perhaps there are some bigger radars that it is useful to.

Geffers

Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    It will filter on those flights attributed by FR24 to your feeder ID. Not those "picked up by your system".

Unless you're the only feed tracking flights in your area, there's a very good chance your feeder ID won't be attributed to any flights at all.

Search the forum. There are dozens of threads explaining why the feeder ID (radar label) is virtually meaningless.
    My guess is the FR24 receiver design - the absence of detecting AGC where AGC level can be use as the basis for the selection of receiver to be displayed.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Passenger
    Technology, we often take much for granted.

Geffers