Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeder Business plan subscription

Hi,

Last week I've been testing out a homebuilt ADS-B receiver and feeding data to FR24. Everything worked fine, but I had to take down the receiver, because I was planning a more permanent setup. This morning I found a PayPal invoice for $605. I tried contacting FR24 support, explaining this situation, since if I don't get a refund, I will literally have to be homeless for half a year.

I wanted to cancel the subscription, but there is no button to do so on the Billing page. I have not received any warnings from FR24 about my free trial ending.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Is it possible to receive a refund?

If you were feeding, you should never have signed up for a subscription.

It is tied to the login for the feeding account. They don't magically get combined.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

But to answer the question, They don't conduct such business on the forums. So noone will know. They always advise people to email support as its part of the paid package
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I have done what FAQ on FlightRadar says:
        How can I access my Business subscription?
        Sign up for a free Business account on the following link using the same email address with which you registered your feed.
        I have signed up for a Business trial, using the same email I have registered the feed. If I go to the Billing page it says
        Your subscription is connected to your feed account.
        and I have no options to change or cancel the subscription

Comment

I understand FR24 will not respond here, that's why I have already sent them an email. I am looking for other people who might have been in the same situation.

Comment

I don't understand how it can. Unless it has changed, I wouldn't hand over credit card details if something was advertised as free

You used:
            https://www.flightradar24.com/premiu...p?account=free ?

The account=free, is meant to take you to the verification page to match the feeder account. Not ask for credit card (at least it is not asking me) unless you attempt to adjust the account settings afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by DomantasP View Post
              Hi,
              This morning I found a PayPal invoice for $605. I tried contacting FR24 support, explaining this situation, since if I don't get a refund, I will literally have to be homeless for half a year.
              Ignore the invoice. Or did you mistakenly "buy" a subscription and pay for it using PayPal?

FR24 Support should be able to work something out for you if you did.

Interestingly, according to the FR24 website, a yearly Business Plan subscription is US$499.99 not US$605. Are you sure the PayPal invoice, which I assume you found when you logged into your PayPal account, is genuine?
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

OK. So it looks like if you sign up for a trial (https://www.flightradar24.com/premiu...?period=annual) it asks for charge details/paypal.

Start your FREE trial of the Business plan
                Get your first 7 days free. Cancel anytime.
                But don't believe it should occur if it recognises the email account used to feed and the free link is used (account=free).

Create Flightradar24 account

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  But don't believe it should occur if it recognises the email account used to feed and the free link is used (account=free).
                  Correct. If one has an FR24 account linked to a current feed, it's impossible to sign up for a paid subscription using the same account.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                    Correct. If one has an FR24 account linked to a current feed, it's impossible to sign up for a paid subscription using the same account.
                    But at the same time, I suspect it won't ask for paypal if the first thing it asks for is an email address and was able to locate a new unlinked one using the account=free link. That would set off alarm bells for me if I was expecting a free one and it asked who to bill first up.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      I don't understand how it can. Unless it has changed, I wouldn't hand over credit card details if something was advertised as free

You used:
                      cannot post url yet?

The account=free, is meant to take you to the verification page to match the feeder account. Not ask for credit card (at least it is not asking me) unless you attempt to adjust the account settings afterward.
                      I don't remember exactly, but the url took me to the page where I could select a silver, gold and business subscriptions. I clicked on Start 7-day trial button for Business plan, since that's what the FAQ said:
                      Sign up for a free Business account on the following link using the same email address with which you registered your feed.
                      I don't think I have entered my credit card details, might have signed up using paypal though.

FR24 Support should be able to work something out for you if you did.

Interestingly, according to the FR24 website, a yearly Business Plan subscription is US$499.99 not US$605. Are you sure the PayPal invoice, which I assume you found when you logged into your PayPal account, is genuine?
                      I really hope FR24 Support will reply to my email, it's quite a large amount of money for a student

It is genuine, invoice says

SUBTOTAL $499.99
                      VAT: 21.00% $105.00
                      TOTAL $604.99

Interestingly though, even if they would have not billed me, I can't find any way to cancel the subscription.

Comment

Ah VAT. Are you in a country that's part of the EU?

The bottom line is you have to work this out direct with FR24. Unfortunately no one on this forum can get you a refund.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

That would be https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/ where standard trial is.

Which doesnt't include the account=free that asks for an email first up. Which if not found, would likely tell you to check your feeder rather than send a bill/ask who to charge.

And you won't get a warning, its part of the agreement to the free trial.
                          If you got the invoice. You will be outside the 7 day period I suspect. As that is the only free period before it's charged.
                          How often will I be charged?
                          Silver, Gold and Business subscribers may select either monthly or yearly billing. You may cancel your subscription at any time and your subscription will remain active for the duration of the period for which you have paid. The first charge will be processed at the end of your 7-day free trial.
                          And yes. As above if you can't locate the button/link to do so they say is present. (But likely too late)

Comment

Just received a refund, I'm thankful to Flightradar24 team for understanding. I hope they improve the feeder onboarding process (making a separate plan for feeders), I'm still not sure how to correctly claim Business subscription if I already have a FR24 account. Also, sending a warning email a day or two prior to billing, allowing me to cancel the subscription would prevent misunderstandings like this. Thanks Oblivian and Anmer for discussions about this issue!

Comment

If you can see you are logged in in the top right, but you don't have a radar stats page. Complete the earlier link with the account=free in it re-entering the same registered email.

If is already present, but not at business status. Your feed needs to be online more

Comment

Working...
                              X