Thread: Can't register new receiver

Passenger

Can't register new receiver

Alright, I'm all out of ideas...
    I recently got a Pi Zero W and a SDR dongle, specifically to build my own FR24 receiver and this evening, I tried to set it up.
    I wrote the image on the SD card, plugged everything in and clicked the link to the "activate Pi" site, where it asked me to create an account. I logged in with my Google account and reloaded the activation page. It asked me to log in...
    After retrying a few times, I figured I'd attempt a manual install over SSH and got "gpg: keyserver receive failed: Verification failed in DNS".
    Next I tried my regular Pi 3 because maybe it just doesn't like the Zero? Same result, both with the automated activation and the manual install.
    I completely rewrote the image, tried everything again, no luck.

Am I missing something? Is the FR24 site broken so that it just cycles me through login prompts ad infinitum? Or am I doing something wrong during the setup?

Any help or even ideas would be greatly appreciated because I'm all out of the latter and I really want to get this working.

Super Moderator
    If you are confident with the manual process. Don't use the image or attempt to activate (activate only works with the image version - unless you are on a Pi3B+ and some other models and it won't even load..)

And apply the IPv6 fix

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...741#post107741

Then see if it connects.

Youll notice a buttload of threads https://forum.flightradar24.com/foru...Flightradar24)
    with 'cant connect' or 'err101' or 'connection down' or 'failed' words in the titles. All because of above
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I did apply the IPv6 fix but still had no luck.

However, I actually did find the problem:
    I mentioned my issues on G+ and a friend speculated that maybe the activation site doesn't work if you log in via Google. Because I had tried everything else, I followed up on that and logged in directly and that actually worked.