FR24 Data Delay (~90s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Data Delay (~90s)

I have been comparing data received from a single ADSB source that I have to the results of Flightradar24. Going through the analysis and matching up aircraft, I have noticed there is about an 89s to 90s time offset between the two sources.

Has anyone had a similar experience to this? Or, is there any explanation for this large time offset between the two sources? I have looked through the FR24 documentation as well as on forum posts, but I am not seeing anything about FR24 delaying their data.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by AustinRed View Post
    I have been comparing data received from a single ADSB source that I have to the results of Flightradar24. Going through the analysis and matching up aircraft, I have noticed there is about an 89s to 90s time offset between the two sources.
    How and what are you comparing?

The FR24 website and app maps are showing aircraft in the same place as my own receivers' data.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by AustinRed View Post

Has anyone had a similar experience to this? Or, is there any explanation for this large time offset between the two sources? I have looked through the FR24 documentation as well as on forum posts, but I am not seeing anything about FR24 delaying their data.
      I'm not sure what evidence you are using to conclude that FR24 data is delayed by up to 90 seconds. Forget about comparing it to another ADSB source. On a clear day (or even better a clear night) use FR24 to find a high flying aircraft that is about to go right over your place. Take a walk outside, look up and you will most likely see the aircraft perhaps 10 seconds ahead of where it seems to be on FR24. In ninety seconds aircraft cruising at around 1000km/hr and 35000 ft will be out of optical view from an overhead position but not necessarily out of the "view" of ADSB which can have a range of more than 200km depending on the location and installation. My point is that your own eyes alone can prove that FR24 is not delayed by more than a few seconds - at least on that part of Earth where I live.

Comment

I can only conclude it's likely a contacts list with a timeout not updating loss of signal for ages. Which would appear to be holding them when well out of range?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

All position data on FR24 is in real time and shown with a processing delay of about 10-15 seconds for ADS-B aircraft and 15-20 seconds for MLAT aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            All position data on FR24 is in real time and shown with a processing delay of about 10-15 seconds for ADS-B aircraft and 15-20 seconds for MLAT aircraft.
            10 -15 seconds processing time is not "real-time". Glad there is a 10 -15 seconds delay.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
            X