No announcement yet.

pi24 and reduced coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pi24 image has been updated and should support 3b+ now. Also, by default its starts with "-- gain -10" and no max as the previous version did. As Oblivion, abcd567 and Ressy mentioned/showed previously that if you see any changes in the range, you can play around with gain settings to see if that makes things better.
    --

Comment

Amended my 3b+ warnings out again.

Abcd567 will no doubt do similar.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
        ...you can play around with gain settings to see if that makes things better.
        Yes, for me "-10" is almost the worst option! Averaging each gain twice over 90 seconds and then taking the percentage of the highest result so it's easier to plot everything on the same graph I get:

d-table.png

d-graph.png

I thought I'd read somewhere that the -10 / AGC option was designed to work at TV frequencies rather than 1090MHz?

Comment

Originally posted by elljay View Post
          I thought I'd read somewhere that the -10 / AGC option was designed to work at TV frequencies rather than 1090MHz?
          That is right. The dongle is designed for TV, and NOT for ADSB ( DVBT = Digital Video Broadcast, Terestrial).

Please see following two posts on page #6 of the thread How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

(1) Dump1090-mutability: About gain -10

(2) ABOUT AGC

Last edited by abcd567; 2018-10-29, 16:19.

Comment

Originally posted by elljay View Post
            Yes, for me "-10" is almost the worst option! Averaging each gain twice over 90 seconds and then taking the percentage of the highest result so it's easier to plot everything on the same graph I get:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9838[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9839[/ATTACH]

The same dongle performs differently, on linux pc's, 2 of them, plus a linux laptop, all different brands, work best on max gain, but rpi works best on -10 unline teh real pc's. Something in the rpi I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X