Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raspbian Stretch: [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Passenger
    I hope the settings now are right

fr24settings.jpg

Passenger
    Still does not work

What is the output of command:
    fr24feed-status

What this page displays:
    IP-of-Pi:8754

(1) Unplug and then Replug your dongle firmly into RPi, and reboot Pi.

(2) If you are using a USB cable to connect dongle to RPi, remove it and plug dongle directly into RPi.

(3) If above does not solve the problem, then check your dongle:
    Is My DVB-T RTL SDR Dongle Healthy?

Go to OPTION-2: Dongle plugged into RPi
    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-09-16 at 20:42.

Passenger
    I've put it all over again, with the official image (!), The settings made as recommended and ... it still does not work! The strange thing is that the settings that I had in my second screenshot work for others! See https://intux.de/2016/12/flightradar/ (<- In German, sixth picture). I have to manually stop fr24-feed and dump1090 so that fr24-feed can access the dongle. The stick works, is connected via microUSB to USB-A with the Raspberry Pi Zero W. The Raspberry Pi 3 B and 3 B+ does not find the WLAN, the Zero W finds it and connects without problems

Maybe I'll try this again sometime

Super Moderator
    When you say 'image', if you mean the fr24 image, that is Jessie lite (unlike stretch as the title suggests) and does not include wifi and other tools. Also not compatible with b3+

In both cases you need to apply the IPv6 changes.

And ensure there is power so the stick doesn't go offline and need fr24feed restarted.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Yes, i mean the fr24 image, and it is based on Raspbian Stretch. i have apply the IPv6 changes. The stick has enough power

Super Moderator
    Good to see they have changed it then, as the docs all still say Jessie lite (which is cut down and doesnt include a lot)

The fact you need to restart it says something is going offline. And even an adaptor like you are using can do that.

As previously advised by abcd567 , you need to run the stick checks. And monitor the feeder live how I instructed to see what of the 3 things being used to upload, is stopping.
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...l=1#post109624
    Stop the feeder, Run the commandline version in window without 'service'
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    I now know what the problem was. My DVB-T stick has a Fitipower FC0012 tuner and the new one has the Micro R820T tuner.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience

Super Moderator
    As is the issue when a 3 step process and the automation happens in the background

Tiz why my first recommendation is usually run in visual mode if most other things checked. Usually a dead giveaway