Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspbian Stretch: [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say 'image', if you mean the fr24 image, that is Jessie lite (unlike stretch as the title suggests) and does not include wifi and other tools. Also not compatible with b3+

In both cases you need to apply the IPv6 changes.

And ensure there is power so the stick doesn't go offline and need fr24feed restarted.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes, i mean the fr24 image, and it is based on Raspbian Stretch. i have apply the IPv6 changes. The stick has enough power

Comment

Good to see they have changed it then, as the docs all still say Jessie lite (which is cut down and doesnt include a lot)

The fact you need to restart it says something is going offline. And even an adaptor like you are using can do that.

As previously advised by abcd567 , you need to run the stick checks. And monitor the feeder live how I instructed to see what of the 3 things being used to upload, is stopping.
        Hello, i have installed flightradar on my raspberry Pi with raspbian stretch. Unfortunately, I always get the following error message by the fr24feed-status command: [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed! I have been trying to fix the problem for more than 2 days. Unfortunately without success. I use the

Stop the feeder, Run the commandline version in window without 'service'
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I now know what the problem was. My DVB-T stick has a Fitipower FC0012 tuner and the new one has the Micro R820T tuner.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience

Comment

As is the issue when a 3 step process and the automation happens in the background

Tiz why my first recommendation is usually run in visual mode if most other things checked. Usually a dead giveaway

Comment

Different user, same problem

Here a NOOB user with the same problem.......
              I bought a stick from Ebay with the following description: "USB2.0 DVB-T + DAB + FM RTL2832 R820T2 SDR RTL-SDR Stick Digital TV Tuner Striki".
              It looks like the one advised to buy and "RTL2832 R820T2" present in the description.

But, rtl_test -t gives the following output:
              Found 1 device(s):
              0: Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN: 00000001

Using device 0: Generic RTL2832U OEM
              Found Fitipower FC0012 tuner
              Supported gain values (5): -9.9 -4.0 7.1 17.9 19.2
              Sampling at 2048000 S/s.
              No E4000 tuner found, aborting.

Now this NOOB is confused....... Did I order the correct stick and did I receive the wrong one? When Yes, how do I know that I will order the correct one next time?

Any help or hits appreciated.

Comment

NL-Toontje

The description by seller was OK (RTL2832 + R820T2), and you ordered correct dongle.
                The Seller has send you the wrong one (RTL2832U + FC0012).

Contact the Seller and tell him he has sent you dongle with different specifications from what he has listed, and ask him to send you a replacement dongle exactly as listed, or refund your money.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.
                  I think I already have my money back:

My eBay USB2.0 DVB-T + DAB + FM RTL2832 R820T2 SDR RTL-SDR Stick Digital TV Tuner Striki Return item

You got a refund!
                  It's that easy-you're getting your money back and you don't have to return the item. Shop with us again soon!

That is one step, but now I have to find a seller that sells the correct one.......
                  The one I have is the black one. On Ebay you also find many blue ones. They have '820T2' printed on the case, so I'm going to try one of those.
                  Last edited by NL-Toontje; 2018-10-06, 20:00.

Comment

NL-Toontje
                    The Black ones are old version with R820T.
                    The Blue ones are new version with R820T2, and are better.
                    If RTL820T2 is printed on the case, then it is the correct one.
                    It is good decision to buy the Blue one.

s-l1600.jpg
                    Last edited by abcd567; 2018-10-07, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
                    X