RSPDuo setup problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSPDuo setup problems.

I am fairly new to sharing ADS-B data so am not too familiar with the correct setup.

I am having problems setting up my RSPDuo on Windows 7.

I connect the SDR to my computer via a USB cable and am not sure the correct path to add to question 4.3a during the initial setup procedure. I have tried /dev/tty/usb0004 with no joy.

My RSPDuo works on this computer ok with other software with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mick

TTY is for linux.

If it is a com device on windows, you simply enter 'com3' or whatever is assigned to it

However looking at it, it won't work direct with FR24feed software as it lacks the ability for FR24feed to connect direct to a Realtek (hence the RTL in RTLsdr) chip, or able to already decode the data output it to the com port

FR24feed would need to see some decoded data from dump1090. But the default packaged version works in --interactive, which won't allow it.

So you need to look at the icon that launches dump1090 when the decode app is open. And adjust it to the same 8bit and source etc, but either take off --interactive, or ensure put in --net is present

Then configure the feeder to use TCP beast source, on localhost:30005
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Infact, it's even in the manual

A receiver should be setup in Virtual Server with the following information:
      Format: Beast
      IP: 127.0.0.1 (if dump1090 and virtual server running on the same machine) or set to the IP address of the
      machine running dump1090
      Port: 30005 (this is the default output port for beast data)
      So you need the SDR software + dump1090 + fr24feed setup as above

If you use dump1090 independently from their software, my assumption is correct. The commands are listed at bottom for SDRplay device and --net to enable net out
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        TTY is for linux.

If it is a com device on windows, you simply enter 'com3' or whatever is assigned to it

However looking at it, it won't work direct with FR24feed software as it lacks the ability for FR24feed to connect direct to a Realtek (hence the RTL in RTLsdr) chip, or able to already decode the data output it to the com port

FR24feed would need to see some decoded data from dump1090. But the default packaged version works in --interactive, which won't allow it.

So you need to look at the icon that launches dump1090 when the decode app is open. And adjust it to the same 8bit and source etc, but either take off --interactive, or ensure put in --net is present

Then configure the feeder to use TCP beast source, on localhost:30005
        Thanks for reply. I will try again when I get home.
        Mick

Comment

Working...
        X